RR136

I'm so mad at NVC,please help!!

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

To all those that call repeatedly and ask for updates on timelines. The more time they spend on the phone with you, the less time they have reviewing the information and processing the forms. Stop calling and let them work. You are so close, and you will get it soon!

Filed: Timeline

So I got the approval letter(NAO2) from USCIS dated Dec 14 on Dec 16 informing that case has been forwarded to NVC. I have been calling them everyday in January who told me it takes 15 business days,apparently they haven't had 15 business days as of Jan 15(I know right....where can I sign up for this job!)

Finally,yesterday(Jan 16) they "received" the case but will take 15-20 business days for a case number. I LOST my mind, is this considered normal?? Are these people living in 2013,the age of iphones and 4g LTE, 50GB data speed! I feel like they have a typewriter upstairs with a 75 yr old typing these cases into the system.

I'm appalled by their service,are they held accountable for their jobs? The phone operator Jazmine goes "these time-frames are what it is and can't be changed,SIR", that put me over the edge,asked for supervisor contact and gave me nvcresearch email id and to put attn: Ben on subject line. I feel this is all waste of time with "Ben" being a fictional character that goes straight to trash. I told Jazmine,USCIS taking time to do background check is understandable but getting a damn case number from NVC in 2 months is ridiculous.

Waiting for your loved one is excruciating itself, dragging the process as simple as a case number should NOT take 2 months. Now onto my questions,I hope someone could shed some light into this

1. Is there anything that I can do at this point, should I proceed with an email to "Ben"?

2. Do they organize these cases based on visa category? If so,shouldn't my case be top 3 category?

3. If you want to complain about NVC, who can you contact, I want to do my part to make this process faster in future

4. Is NVC subcontracted by private firm?

Your help is appreciated,I feel better now!

Just like another poster said, 20 days is quite normal to get a case number at NVC.

1. No, unfortunately its a waiting game. Not sure the email to "Ben" will help much. You might get assigned a case number before you get a response from "Ben".

2. Not sure of this.

3. NVC has a complains/comments email and hotlines. You can find it on the Dept of State website.

4. NVC is an agency under the State Dept. Just like most govt agencies, they have lots of PSC (personal services contractors) working there. So NVC is not contracted by private firm per se. So there are contract employees working alongside regular govt employees to get the job done.

As another poster said, you can call NVC today and hopefully you'll get your #.

Just be patient and your # will be assigned soon. It won't hurt to send your complain email though, but not sure how fast it will move your process forward.

Goodluck rest of the way!

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Pretty annoyed with all that negativity about the immigration process myself, while I've waited longer than most. Be grateful your coming into a country that cares about who is entering, allow them to do their job, if you don't like it then go live in the country your spouse is in! I bet that process is pretty easy, why???? People are migrating to the U.S. usually when marrying a U.S. Citizen.

Just deal with it, like the rest of us. I'm sure they would appreciate a kind customer inquiring than an out of control one. That person answering your call has not one ounce of responsibility for your file!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Since nvc didnt get my case for so long,they asked me to call uscis to make sure the case was sent to them physically. Talked to immigration officer and was told it was sent out on Dec 14. I know usps is slow, but they aint that bad. NVC is so disorganized that I cant believe they get away with it

Since nvc didnt get my case for so long,they asked me to call uscis to make sure the case was sent to them physically. Talked to immigration officer and was told it was sent out on Dec 14. I know usps is slow, but they aint that bad. NVC is so disorganized that I cant believe they get away with it

they shipped mine to another po box

You sir are beginning to be a real sore spot on these boards. If you don't have anything constructive to say then please just refrain from posting.

Every post I see from you is complaining about the Amnesty Act which you don't even know how it works (as evident from your other postings).

Post your timeline so we can see where you are in this process and to see if you are even entitled to be complaining like this all the time.

Don't keep giving people misinformation as they are trying to deal with this rather trying time in their lives and they sure in the hell don't need to hear your disillusioned, over exaggeration about the process.

People need hope and people to talk to that share their pain, not negative comments telling them they will be doubling every waiting time they say. I just hope people are smart enough to see your posts for what they are and not as gospel.

Sorry if I seem rude, but the constant complaining isn't helpful to you or anyone else.

Amen to that!

Pretty annoyed with all that negativity about the immigration process myself, while I've waited longer than most. Be grateful your coming into a country that cares about who is entering, allow them to do their job, if you don't like it then go live in the country your spouse is in! I bet that process is pretty easy, why???? People are migrating to the U.S. usually when marrying a U.S. Citizen.

Just deal with it, like the rest of us. I'm sure they would appreciate a kind customer inquiring than an out of control one. That person answering your call has not one ounce of responsibility for your file!

Right on!

Iron Sharpen Iron!

To all those that call repeatedly and ask for updates on timelines. The more time they spend on the phone with you, the less time they have reviewing the information and processing the forms. Stop calling and let them work. You are so close, and you will get it soon!

Actually this is not true. Call center employees are not the same people who process cases. Call center employees are not USCIS employees. They are subcontractors for a private company. Their only job is to answer phones. They can give case updates, general information from pre-written scripts and transfer to a tier 2 rep when necessary. Tier 2 reps are USCIS employees. They also do not process cases, so speaking to them does not effect case processing times. Their job includes accessing customer records on a deeper more classified level that ordinary call center reps do not have access to because they are not USCIS employees and therefore do not have access to. Their job includes putting in service requests and expedite requests among other things, but it does not include processing cases in between answering the phones.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Actually this is not true. Call center employees are not the same people who process cases. Call center employees are not USCIS employees. They are subcontractors for a private company. Their only job is to answer phones. They can give case updates, general information from pre-written scripts and transfer to a tier 2 rep when necessary. Tier 2 reps are USCIS employees. They also do not process cases, so speaking to them does not effect case processing times. Their job includes accessing customer records on a deeper more classified level that ordinary call center reps do not have access to because they are not USCIS employees and therefore do not have access to. Their job includes putting in service requests and expedite requests among other things, but it does not include processing cases in between answering the phones.

My mistake. Good to know.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm sorry abt how you feel. I agree with America being a great country and have provided every opportunity for everyone to attain the American dream which is built on hard work,trust and accountability. You have to understand that the taxpayer money including yours and mine goes into every progress our country has made. NVC is not doing us a charity or favor,they collect fees and processing fees and state and federal funding to get their job done.Heck, I am even willing to pay $1000 more in addition to their fees if they get their work done faster!

Do not be naive and be content with mediocrity which lays the foundation for sleazy work. As for your comment about living in the country where your spouse is from, its easier said than done. I don't know how long you have been in US, but if you grew up here,you would know by the time you graduate you have 100k in student loans,not to mention credit card debt and lease/rental payments. In other words,you can't leave the country even if you wanted to cos IRS will track you down.

I appreciate all of your comments, I have sent email to "Ben" , called the helpline and sent a message to my congressman. I believe these time frames are not acceptable(even though some might disagree). Nothing might get done this year or 15 years from now but I feel proud in the fact that I tried to make my voice heard which I have every RIGHT to!

Edited by RR136

Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

Dear all, I've received NOA2 hard copy on Jan 17th, waiting for the NVC. I wonder how people know when their cases arrives NVC. Will NVC send out a mail to state that once they've received a case? And hopefully they will assign a case number soon afterwards. :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

WOW...2 months!!! I don't mean to make matters worse for you but I received my hardcopy with my MNL number on it today. Well yesterday considering the time. I received the NOA2 ON Jan 3 via email and hardcopy of that on JAN 8. Then again my MNL number just yesterday. God is good. Not sure if you can do this but you should try to email them and request it. Whomever is state side should email NVCInquiry.state.gov and simply state that you cannot proceed without a hardcopy of your MNL number. Hey it worked for me. I'm actually pleased at the turnaround time. My fiance couldn't be more happy too. Good luck and God Bless us All!!

Andy

Hey Rena, how long it took NVC to reply your emial? (I sent one last Friday) Have you ever called to ask for a case number? Thx!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm sorry abt how you feel. I agree with America being a great country and have provided every opportunity for everyone to attain the American dream which is built on hard work,trust and accountability. You have to understand that the taxpayer money including yours and mine goes into every progress our country has made. NVC is not doing us a charity or favor,they collect fees and processing fees and state and federal funding to get their job done.Heck, I am even willing to pay $1000 more in addition to their fees if they get their work done faster!

Do not be naive and be content with mediocrity which lays the foundation for sleazy work. As for your comment about living in the country where your spouse is from, its easier said than done. I don't know how long you have been in US, but if you grew up here,you would know by the time you graduate you have 100k in student loans,not to mention credit card debt and lease/rental payments. In other words,you can't leave the country even if you wanted to cos IRS will track you down.

I appreciate all of your comments, I have sent email to "Ben" , called the helpline and sent a message to my congressman. I believe these time frames are not acceptable(even though some might disagree). Nothing might get done this year or 15 years from now but I feel proud in the fact that I tried to make my voice heard which I have every RIGHT to!

I am not naive, nor am I content with how slowly this process is taking, I have been waiting over 8 months now and no NOA2. However upset I might be , I do know that they are doing the best they can . You can't train someone in a day to do the important work that they are doing. I live within 2 miles of the VSC and I read articles in my local paper, they have outgrown the building they are in and have been hit hard with the extra applications. An additional facility will be opening in the fall , which won't help any of us now, but who can predict the future, not even the USCIS. I also don't believe that the work they are doing is sleazy, I worked for USCIS in the early 1990's and the people are hard working individuals who are given strict deadlines and critiqued on how many applications they process in a day.

The one and only thing which irritates me about my wait , is the fact they decided to take all the I-130 petitions received after August and send them out to be processed elsewhere , and those locations processed them very fast. It should have been the petitions received earlier than August that were sent out. You are dead on to say you have every right to have your voice heard and if it makes you feel better than by all means that's what counts.

I forgot one more thing, are you going to complain that it took you 2.5 months to get your NOA2????

Edited by destiny64

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am not naive, nor am I content with how slowly this process is taking, I have been waiting over 8 months now and no NOA2. However upset I might be , I do know that they are doing the best they can . You can't train someone in a day to do the important work that they are doing. I live within 2 miles of the VSC and I read articles in my local paper, they have outgrown the building they are in and have been hit hard with the extra applications. An additional facility will be opening in the fall , which won't help any of us now, but who can predict the future, not even the USCIS. I also don't believe that the work they are doing is sleazy, I worked for USCIS in the early 1990's and the people are hard working individuals who are given strict deadlines and critiqued on how many applications they process in a day.

The one and only thing which irritates me about my wait , is the fact they decided to take all the I-130 petitions received after August and send them out to be processed elsewhere , and those locations processed them very fast. It should have been the petitions received earlier than August that were sent out. You are dead on to say you have every right to have your voice heard and if it makes you feel better than by all means that's what counts.

I forgot one more thing, are you going to complain that it took you 2.5 months to get your NOA2????

I sincerely do hope your application gets approved fast, and you have waited beyond their 6 month time-frame. If it was me, I would probably be going crazy and throwing flares all over USCIS. I am very grateful that USCIS did their job fast and I will not complain about their service. But that's what makes me mad that USCIS who does background checks and determine visa eligibilty are able to wrap up in < 3 months while NVC (a different entity) whose sole responsibility is to collect fees and determine all paperwork is accurate and forward them to IO at embassy is taking longer just to hand out case numbers.

Just to clarify,I hope you understand I have nothing against USCIS and in fact very appreciative of their service. Meanwhile,NVC is whole another story,either way the waiting will continue for me. I do hope you hear about your case and best of luck to you and family.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

As far as I know the standard process is 9-12 months....am I wrong?

USCIS 6 months and NVC 6 months..standard?

So be thankfull it takes a lot less than that.

Eventually NVC will get through with your case just have a little patience.

You should've be aware of the process beforehand and in my opinion move to india for a wile and live with your wife while the paperwork gets done if you feel the need to be with your spouse so bad.

That's what one of my friends did. lol

Have some respect and adapt to the system a little bit.....we all did it.....all you do is ###### and annoy

Edited by teddy12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wrong wrong wrong....You do know they have a customer service call center right...they handle the calls, not the people who approve/deny petitions.

The folk that answer the calls at the NVC must surely be trained and be aware of the fact they're going to be dealing with emotional and frustrated people, they seem to be giving answers off a computer screen and its obvious they know very little about your case when you call,we've been told we're still in the processing stage after we'd been told we're 'case complete' then you're told you will be notified via email but nothing ever arrives its just damn annoying.

The last time we heard off anyone regarding our visa process was when the NOA2 letter arrived.Ever since then we have pushed forward ourselves by researching on here and other resources so when NVC say you'll be notified we have very little faith.

I absolutely agree this process has to be done correctly in order to protect America,but the current system is flawed and causes and awful lot of grief.

Good luck folks, we're hopefully on the final stretch :thumbs:

event.png"]My link[/url]

[/url]"]My link[/url]ur[l=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.