Randomcore

No copy of medical or Vaccination worksheet given

18 posts in this topic

My fiancee has her K1 visa already, but when she had her medical exam she asked the doctor for a copy, but he said she doesn't need one. Afterwards we figured he was wrong and read that she should have been given a copy. We called the doctor and asked again for a copy of the vaccination worksheet at least, but again be just seemed to argue with her and said he will not give it. We even e-mailed the embassy where she had the interview and they told her that when filing the I-485 for AOS with a K1 visa that a copy of the medical is not needed.

Is this true? If so, then should we include the e-mail from the embassy stating that a copy of the medical is not needed when filing for AOS?

I have also read that we can ask at POE (which will be in DTW) for a copy of the vaccination worksheet as well.

Has anyone not sent a copy of the vaccination worksheet or an I-693 when filing AOS thru a K1 and was approved?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status.I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. If you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. If you are missing any shots from your overseas medical a I-693 vaccination transcription is required to be completed by seeing a Civil Surgeon to have certain portions of the I-693 completed and have the Civil Surgeon certify the form (sealing the original in an envelope and giving you a copy).

Your medical records should be in the brown envelope which they will open at the POE. You can try and ask them for a copy.

Edited by Enigma11561

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My fiancee has her K1 visa already, but when she had her medical exam she asked the doctor for a copy, but he said she doesn't need one. Afterwards we figured he was wrong and read that she should have been given a copy. We called the doctor and asked again for a copy of the vaccination worksheet at least, but again be just seemed to argue with her and said he will not give it. We even e-mailed the embassy where she had the interview and they told her that when filing the I-485 for AOS with a K1 visa that a copy of the medical is not needed.

Is this true? If so, then should we include the e-mail from the embassy stating that a copy of the medical is not needed when filing for AOS?

I have also read that we can ask at POE (which will be in DTW) for a copy of the vaccination worksheet as well.

Has anyone not sent a copy of the vaccination worksheet or an I-693 when filing AOS thru a K1 and was approved?

She does not need and does not get a copy of the medical exam.

She should have asked for a copy of the DS-3025 vaccination record and made sure she had all necessary vaccines. When she arrives you will need to go to a Civil Surgeon, get any needed vaccines and have them sign off on the I-693 in order to do your AOS. Her medical exam is in the "do not open" envelope and will be handed over upon her entry into the USA.

You MUST submit either the DS-3025 vaccination report OR an I-693 vaccination supplement when filing AOS.

. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status.I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. If you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. If you are missing any shots from your overseas medical a I-693 vaccination transcription is required to be completed by seeing a Civil Surgeon to have certain portions of the I-693 completed and have the Civil Surgeon certify the form (sealing the original in an envelope and giving you a copy).

Your medical records should be in the brown envelope which they will open at the POE. You can try and ask them for a copy.

And even though she is not required to have another medical exam, the Civil Surgeon may demand she has another exam. Why? Because he can. And because he can charge you for it.

Start calling around to civil surgeons in your area. Google "Civil Surgeons, (name of state)"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

In our experience the local Civil Surgeon did their own medical examination, and we did a full I-693. Even though K-1 is technically not required by USCIS to have another medical exam; NO doctor is going to sign off on another doctors exam. The Civil Surgeon will, most likely, require a full medical exam before signing the I-693.

Timeline

In our experience the local Civil Surgeon did their own medical examination, and we did a full I-693. Even though K-1 is technically not required by USCIS to have another medical exam; NO doctor is going to sign off on another doctors exam. The Civil Surgeon will, most likely, require a full medical exam before signing the I-693.

Some will do it without a full medical exam, and sign only the vaccination part. But most just want the money for a full medical exam.

Incidentally, Alla and I worked with our Senator Leahy to draft a change that would allow ANY U.S. doctor to sign off on this, so you could go to your family doctor and get this done, but so far it has been attached to two bills which failed to pass. Oh, well, maybe one day.

At any rate ALWAYS get ALL needed vaccines overseas BEFORE the medical exam and bring the records of these to the medical exam, then get the transcribed DS-3025 and make sure it is checked "vaccinations complete"

Too many people see that "vaccines not needed for a K-1" and figure "one less thing to worry about" because all they care about is "being together". Bad decision. It is going to cost you big bucks and take longer to get a green card.

GET ALL VACCINES BEFORE THE MEDICAL AND RECORDS OF THEM IN HAND WHEN YOU GO

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

She did have all vaccinations already and the doctor said it was all fine.

She did ask for a copy of the vaccination worksheet (DS-2035) at the medical, not a copy of the whole medical exam, but the doctor seemed clueless and did not give one. When she called the doctor to ask again for the DS-2035, he argued with her and said it was not needed and made it clear he would not give one.

We did realize that we may need to take the DS-2035 (which she asked for, but was not given) to a CS and get the I-693 filled out, but since the embassy and the doctor are both refusing to give a copy it seems that asking an officer at POE is the only option now.

I was just curious that if without including the DS-2035 or I-693 in the AOS packet was possible to get approved since we are being told they are not needed by the embassy and the doctor isn't giving her the form.

It doesn't make sense that the embassy even told us that a copy of DS-2035 or I-693 are not required for her AOS if it is not true. The embassy seems to be sure that the original medical copy in the POE package is all that is needed.

Edited by Randomcore

Timeline

She did have all vaccinations already and the doctor said it was all fine.

She did ask for a copy of the vaccination worksheet (DS-2035) at the medical, not a copy of the whole medical exam, but the doctor seemed clueless and did not give one. When she called the doctor to ask again for the DS-2035, he argued with her and said it was not needed and made it clear he would not give one.

We did realize that we may need to take the DS-2035 (which she asked for, but was not given) to a CS and get the I-693 filled out, but since the embassy and the doctor are both refusing to give a copy it seems that asking an officer at POE is the only option now.

I was just curious that if without including the DS-2035 or I-693 in the AOS packet was possible to get approved since we are being told they are not needed by the embassy and the doctor isn't giving her the form.

It doesn't make sense that the embassy even told us that a copy of DS-2035 or I-693 are not required for her AOS if it is not true. The embassy seems to be sure that the original medical copy in the POE package is all that is needed.

The consulate is wrong. You WILL need either the I-693 vaccination supplement OR the DS-3025. You do not need these for the VISA, you WILL need them for them for the AOS. I am not guessing, and it is not the first time a consulate has been wrong when asked about thinsg which are none of their business. You are asking one department (Department of State) what is required by another department...USCIS. If you really want to know what USCIS needs for the AOS, call USCIS. I assure you, you need one or the other. If you send in the AOS without either one of those you WILL get an RFE for it.

A doctor saying "it is all fine" is not sufficient. You need that doctors signature on the DS 3025 OR you need a civil surgeons signature on an I-693.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

The doctor said DS-2035 was ticked complete and "everything is fine". How exactly can we get a copy of the DS-2035 when the doctor refused and continues to refuse to give a copy of it and the embassy assures us it is not needed for us to have a copy? It seems the only answer is to get it copied at POE.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

The doctor said DS-2035 was ticked complete and "everything is fine". How exactly can we get a copy of the DS-2035 when the doctor refused and continues to refuse to give a copy of it and the embassy assures us it is not needed for us to have a copy? It seems the only answer is to get it copied at POE.

In Russia, financial consideration will get you the document.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

I guess so. If you do not get it then you will have to take her vaccination records to a Civil Surgeon. The DS-3025 is not part of the package given to the consulate to be sealed in the envelope. I doubt it is in there. SOME medical exam facilities give this document on asking,(Kiev for example) some charge a fee for it (Moscow, for example) I never heard of one refusing to give it (until now)

Regardless what the mistaken person at the consulate tells you, you WILL need either one of those to be sent with the AOS.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You can try and ask the CBP officer if you can have a copy of the DS-3025 vaccination sheet because you need it for AOS. They may or may not oblige. If you are certain the form was filled out properly and all required vaccinations were marked off on the form, then you can go ahead and file for AOS without it or the I-693. USCIS will already have a copy of the DS-3025 because it is included in the sealed envelope you turn in at your POE. It is not really a requirement to send in a copy of the D-3025 with your AOS paperwork. Sending in a copy of it is more of a reminder to them that all your vaccinations were complete. Add a note in your AOS paperwork stating that all vaccinations were complete but you did not receive a copy of the DS-3025 to include but a copy should be in your file anyway.

If worse comes to worse and you file without it and get an RFE, you can then worry about finding a civil surgeon to transcribe the vaccinations onto an I-693. Another medical is not required if your K-1 medical was done within a year of filing for AOS. Some civil surgeons will insist on one anyway and/or try and overcharge you. You will need to call around until you find one that won't. There is a post here on VJ called Civil surgeons who don't rip you off. You can check through it to see if any civil surgeons are in your area.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Where exactly did she go for her medical? There are only a few panel physicians in Helsinki, as listed here: http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/HLS-MED-ENGL-0001-1105.pdf

I did mine at Mehilainen, with Dr. Helle, received 2 sealed envelopes, one of which was for the consulate for the K1, the other for me, contained all the forms I needed for AOS. Never did a I-693 as it is clearly not needed when you have the vaccination sheet and just had a medical.

Sounds very strange... Did she accidentally give all the documents to the consulate..? Maybe at POE when they open the big envelope she could ask for it..?

I would definitely insist the doc give her a copy.

Edited by pddp

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
You MUST submit either the DS-3025 vaccination report OR an I-693 vaccination supplement when filing AOS.

No you "must" not. It is not a requirement. There has been success in including a letter stating the medical is included in their A-file handed over at POE. Personally though I suggest if they CAN get an i-693 transcription done for a non-exorbitant fee then it doesn't hurt. Sometimes the drones don't know what they're doing and instead just go by a checklist. If they want to file ASAP they should file without it (include a letter about the A file being handed over at POE) and meanwhile look into CS's in their area. If they're RFE'd they will then know where to go. If they're not RFE'd then great :)

At any rate ALWAYS get ALL needed vaccines overseas BEFORE the medical exam and bring the records of these to the medical exam, then get the transcribed DS-3025 and make sure it is checked "vaccinations complete"

Unless every single shot on the list/sheet is done, "vaccinations complete" should not be ticked. It is rare for people to have every single shot (and also unnecessary for immigration purposes). The panel physician instructions explain the "vaccinations complete" vs "incomplete".

I guess so. If you do not get it then you will have to take her vaccination records to a Civil Surgeon. The DS-3025 is not part of the package given to the consulate to be sealed in the envelope. I doubt it is in there. SOME medical exam facilities give this document on asking,(Kiev for example) some charge a fee for it (Moscow, for example) I never heard of one refusing to give it (until now)

Regardless what the mistaken person at the consulate tells you, you WILL need either one of those to be sent with the AOS.

The DS-3025 IS part of the medical and IS included in the package. I know this for a fact. I received a copy of my DS-3025 (not the original) at the appointment and later when I filed AOS and the I-693 ####### was going on I asked for (and was given) a copy of my entire medical from my panel physician. It was of course there. Also if you look up "medical documents for US visa" you will see it's included as one of the forms. The original is in the brown envelope handed over at POE.

The consulate is wrong. You WILL need either the I-693 vaccination supplement OR the DS-3025. You do not need these for the VISA, you WILL need them for them for the AOS. I am not guessing, and it is not the first time a consulate has been wrong when asked about thinsg which are none of their business. You are asking one department (Department of State) what is required by another department...USCIS. If you really want to know what USCIS needs for the AOS, call USCIS. I assure you, you need one or the other. If you send in the AOS without either one of those you WILL get an RFE for it.

No you won't. Plenty of people have been fine without one and instead including a letter. Do a search for posts about it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

The embassy is correct. There is NO requirement in the I-485 instructions for the DS-3025. You will also not see it mentioned (by number) in the I-693 instructions.

The problem arises when the drones that receive your package and check it for completeness (who aren't CO's) apparently go by a checklist. Include a letter stating your Medical (including your DS-3025) is in your "A file" handed over at point of entry at [name of POE] on [date of POE]. In the meantime look into CS's so you know who won't rip you off if you are RFE'd. She might be missing a shot she isn't aware of or she could end up a victim of a moron, it happens.

**Edit - as you haven't entered yet it won't hurt to ask for a copy. I wouldn't have got one because I didn't go through secondary (and thus were not near a photocopier) but hopefully it's do-able if for peace of mind at least :)

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The embassy is correct. There is NO requirement in the I-485 instructions for the DS-3025. You will also not see it mentioned (by number) in the I-693 instructions.

The I-485 instructions only mentions a vaccination supplement. The DS-3025 is mentioned in the I-693 instructions on page 4:

"Even if a new medical examination is not required, you still must show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original, overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit the vaccination record and page 1 of Form I-693."

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.