Love On Top

Preparing for our K-1 Interview at Lagos Consulate - PLEASE HELP!!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We recently receieved our NOA2. I also contacted the NVC and they informed me that our petition has left on January 10, 2013 heading to the Lagos Consulate in Nigeria. Me and my fiance are working on getting our additional documentation to update our K-1 Petition (such as letters of intent, more pics, Rebtel, call logs, WhatsApp Chat, etc) and we are also getting the Packet 3 documents together. We are going through the Lagos Consulate in Nigeria. So we would really appreciate hearing back from individuals who recently went through the interview process in Lagos. See our questions below! Thanks in advance!

1. What type of support should I attach to the Affidavit of Support (I-134)? Is this correct? Or should I add more support? So far I am including the following:

i. Tax transcripts from 2009, 2010, and 2011

ii. Employment verification letter

iii. Pay stubs (5 to 6)

iv. A copy of my birth certificate

2. Included in Packet 3, the OF-167 Affidavit of Support Instructions (Lagos form) it states that my tax transcripts must be notarized? Is this necessary for his interview? I was planning on emailing him copies of my tax transcripts. Has anyone had issues during their K1 interview for not having their tax transcripts notarized?

3. Do I need to send my original birth certificate to my fiancé for his upcoming interview? Or is a photo copy sufficient?

4. The DS-156K form states: “The following documents must be attached in order to apply for a Fiance Nonimmigrant visa – Your birth certificate, evidence of engagement to your finance, evidence of financial support, and police certificates.” Are we suppose to attach additional documents to this form? It seems that all the documentation within our K1 petition and Packet 3 documents will support what they are requiring. Please help clarify? Specifically, evidence of our engagement….we do not have the receipt for the engagement ring and we do not have any pictures of me wearing an engagement ring.

5. In preparation for his interview, which documents should he make extra copies of?

6. Can the $240 visa fee be paid in US Dollars or Naira?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I would review the guides in vj; http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide and USCIS also theier is a lengthy explanation in WIKI. K1 fees: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=a10e4154d7b3d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD $340 on a us bank, Read the fees and writing on this for your self, it will be refused it is not correct.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I can answer some of your questions:

You should send an email to the U.S. Embassy in Lagos at lagosIV@state.gov to ask when your interview date is. They will reply you within a week with your interview date and packet 3 attached. They will also include further instructions regarding medical exams and how to pay the $240 fee (I believe it can be paid in dollars or naira). I have read that more recent letters of intent you and your fiance provide should be sufficient to prove engagement (in addition to photos, chatlogs, emails, etc).

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.