Love's JAA

changing embassy on k-1

17 posts in this topic

We are in a similar situation now and will need to change our address and embassy come July. We never thought it would take so long, though I guess all those DACA applications are really having an impact. Has anyone had much luck contacting senators over this issue?

Also in an effort to reduce delays by changing the address/embassy, I wonder if it is possible to get the medical exam and interview while on a tourist visa? i.e. after work visa expires come back into the country on a tourist visa.

Please keep us all updated on going the change of address/embassy route, I'm sure there must be more people out there in the same boat. Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

We successfully updated and changed embassy's while petition was waiting for adjucation at uscis. We did it right before my fiancé decided to move, but he also had decided where he was going to stay before he moved. We used his mom's address so it was more permanent there. I mailed AR11 document with a note explaining what was going on and our uscis case number. I also called and put in a service request. Make sure when you put in the service request you give all of the information at the request. Don't let the person you speak to first on the phone try it...they don't know how the process works...ask for a io and they can do it right there...making sure they get all the information they need for the service request. Trust me, I did it wrong the first time. I just checked with NVC and they are sending the packet to the right embassy. :-). Good luck to the rest of you! If you do change countries you will need a Pcc from the country are leaving...be sure to bring extra cash when collecting. Some countries have an unwritten "service charge" "for the translation".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.