melly

Boredom on long flights

151 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Okay maybe this will make both of you feel better...you are more likely to have a serious accident in your bathroom than on an airplane....feel better? :P

I'm having a hard time with this. I think I need examples.

fatal diarrhea.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay maybe this will make both of you feel better...you are more likely to have a serious accident in your bathroom than on an airplane....feel better? :P

fatal diarrhea.

Leave it to our residential acturary to want details and statistics ;)

I was thinking slipping on the wet floor, serious burns with the water tap :whistle:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

fatal diarrhea.

Leave it to our residential acturary to want details and statistics ;)

I was thinking slipping on the wet floor, serious burns with the water tap :whistle:

What can I say? You piqued my curiosity. I love bathrooms.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You could electrocute yourself in the bathroom by having a curling iron that is plugged in fall into the bathtub.

You could bonk your head against the porcelain tub or tiles and crack your skull open.

You could faint from heat of the shower/tub and lose consciousness.

You could scald yourself.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

You could electrocute yourself in the bathroom by having a curling iron that is plugged in fall into the bathtub.

You could bonk your head against the porcelain tub or tiles and crack your skull open.

:lol: so do you feel better now about planes?

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

No..they have bathrooms on planes!!! :lol:

Actually now I'm freaked about catching the avian flu. I just read that in mid October '06 they had another fatal case of it in Egypt, though the woman who died of it used to pluck duck feathers. I'll have to stay away from the duck feather plucking activities. :yes:

Also, I never got vaccinated for Hep B, but I never told my doctor that there's a chance I may become "intimate" with a native Egyptian, which is one of the risk factors. Hopefully he doesn't have it. :whistle:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

British Air has those tv's in the back of the seats and offers tons of movies.

I don't plan on watching them though since I"m downing an Ativan before getting on board so that I'm not a total freaked out nutcase focusing on the fact that this large metal thing that weighs tons is able to stay in the air over a HUGE body of water where no one will be able to find us for months on end if we crash. :unsure:

Thanks Doodle..Just what I wanted to read mere days before MY flight :unsure::P I had just convinced myself all would be ok...now you owe me some fast paced therapy!!!

Is there anyone else here that gets bad motion sickness?

Ginger is really good for motion sickness. Buy some ginger snap cookies (read the ingredient list to make sure it has ginger and not flavors- If you can get imported ones from Scandinavia those are really good) or candied ginger (from Whole Food). It really works. :thumbs:

Ooooooooooooooooooooooh, an excuse to eat cookies! :whistle: I'm sure Dr.Atkins won't mind :P

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Ooooooooooooooooooooooh, an excuse to eat cookies! :whistle: I'm sure Dr.Atkins won't mind :P

Didn't you hear? The physics of being airborne cause cookies to lose all calories while airborne.

swedish_snap.jpg

My favorites..yummy

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Didn't you hear? The physics of being airborne cause cookies to lose all calories while airborne.

swedish_snap.jpg

My favorites..yummy

I should drink more Red Bull's :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Actually now I'm freaked about catching the avian flu. I just read that in mid October '06 they had another fatal case of it in Egypt, though the woman who died of it used to pluck duck feathers. I'll have to stay away from the duck feather plucking activities. :yes:

Last March, when I was in Cairo, we couldn't get chicken or eggs because of the bird flu . . . they had killed all of the birds I think. Lots of empty meat cases at the Carrefour when I was checking it out. I didn't worry about the bird flu because we couldn't get any, but I've heard that if it is cooked it isn't a problem.

Edited by cbd2cai

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

That's interesting that they have Carrefour in Egypt and not in Morocco since it's a French store (I thought since I saw them in France).

Cool!

That's interesting that they have Carrefour in Egypt and not in Morocco since it's a French store (I thought since I saw them in France).

Cool!

Yeah, the one I went to was out in Maadi . . . not sure if there is another one. By U.S. standards it isn't much, but considering that most neighborhood stores were little markets, it was perfectly fine. I think on my next trip I want to check out the big mall in Nasr City (is it City Stars??? ) . . . much more western from what I hear . . . I'm just curious to see what is there, but I dont really need to do any "western" shopping.

LOL..you are a classic worry wart, Doodle!!! Don't worry about avian flu. I was in Egypt right before it hit and after it hit and I'm fine alhamdulillah. I also spent time with rooftop chickens, roosters, and geese both times. Ship shape!

No..they have bathrooms on planes!!! :lol:

Also, I never got vaccinated for Hep B, but I never told my doctor that there's a chance I may become "intimate" with a native Egyptian, which is one of the risk factors. Hopefully he doesn't have it. :whistle:

There's one in Alex too. It was similar to a Meijer or Super Walmart. Mohamed had never been there before and was not liking the shopping carts. He said, you're gonna have to push THAT! I guess it's not manly to push a shopping cart. :D

Cool!

Yeah, the one I went to was out in Maadi . . . not sure if there is another one. By U.S. standards it isn't much, but considering that most neighborhood stores were little markets, it was perfectly fine. I think on my next trip I want to check out the big mall in Nasr City (is it City Stars??? ) . . . much more western from what I hear . . . I'm just curious to see what is there, but I dont really need to do any "western" shopping.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.