H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

The US Embassy in Sanaa will be closed longer than that. I have heard on very good authority. It was a full scale evacuation, a special Marines task force was deployed. They won't reopen until they are sure present threats have subsided.

I was reading the news and they said it will be closed untill Saturday just to make sure everything is ok. Hopefully praying to Allah that everything goes well inshallah

Non-essential personnel were evacuated yesterday it was in the news. The message to all USCs in Yemen is to get out of the country immediately while there are commercial flights.

http://yemen.usembassy.gov/wm-080613.html

I think Brits evacuated all personnel and closed their embassy.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Hey guys I'm new to this forum. I applied for my husband on April 25 2011 got approved in April 18 2013.so sad took me two years now I'm in the Nvc step from what I'm reading I got a long long way

I just found out this is bad news for all of us but hopefully they will open the embassy before our interview date. They are opening all of the 18 embassy except for yemen. ?. But they also stated they will be closed untill they feel like everything is clear and there is no threat. I was mad. But if this is what Allah want then we have to wait. Allah knows what's best for us. So we will see if this is meant for us or not. We still have a while for our interview date but who knows. Just pray to Allah and see what he has next for is ya rab

Timeline

Pray that they open before our appointments people.

Even if they do open before your Appointments wouldn't they have to reschedule (delay) all the appointments in order to replace the appointments that were missed while the embassy was closed? Isn't that what happened in 2011 when it closed?

Even if they do open before your Appointments wouldn't they have to reschedule (delay) all the appointments in order to replace the appointments that were missed while the embassy was closed? Isn't that what happened in 2011 when it closed?

Yes they would reschedule the people who missed there appointment but they wouldn't replace them with ours. They would just give them another date.

Timeline

Yes they would reschedule the people who missed there appointment but they wouldn't replace them with ours. They would just give them another date.

But wouldn't that mean if they're rescheduling missed appointments all other future appointments will be delayed because there are more appointments to be scheduled?

But wouldn't that mean if they're rescheduling missed appointments all other future appointments will be delayed because there are more appointments to be scheduled?

Hopefully inshallah I don't think so. I think people who has there appointment would keep it and the people who missed it will be schedule and the others who case complete would have to wait a little longer. I feel so sorry for the people who are waiting for an interview appointment.

Timeline

Hopefully inshallah I don't think so. I think people who has there appointment would keep it and the people who missed it will be schedule and the others who case complete would have to wait a little longer. I feel so sorry for the people who are waiting for an interview appointment.

I'm expecting case complete from the NVC this month inshaAllah, and I was so excited to be seeing people getting interview dates 5-7 months after case complete instead of 9-12 months, but unfortunately now it looks like we will have to wait around a year like before.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Is anyone else here waiting in Administrative Process? I think there was one other person who has been on it for over 2 months. Praying that everything calms down and the Embassy reopens soon. Also praying for those of you waiting for your appointments, that you get them soon and don't get put in AP!

Timeline

we were waiting to hear from sanna this month because we were put in ap and its going to be 3 months soon idk if we will be gettin my husbands visa anytime soon they might open after a month or so inshallah everything thats happenin with the embassey goes back to normal again.

Edited by MyVisa Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.