H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

I tried Abu rashed and he was no help. I already got my ticket to Cairo tonight so I'm going. It only takes 10 days for me to get my wife into cairo. I just hope in these days my case stays in Cairo. I already requested for them to transfer to Algiers but I have a feeling it's gonna be a while until I hear anything so I'm gonna try to do it this way. In Cairo can I go to the embassy just to ask a few question about my wife's case?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Zero_o

How long have u been waiting and has your case been transferred

My case has been ready in Djibouti since April 29th, but when I contact the embassy they say that it is just the electronic file and that the physical file is still in Cairo. My case has two entries one showing ready in Djibouti and one that used to say ready in Cairo but on the 16th of July the status changed to "Transfer In Progress". The case was updated again on the 20th but the status didn't change. I was wondering if anybody is in the same situation.

Timeline

Today while I was at the gate in the airport getting ready to fly to Cairo to get my wife a security clearance I check the status of my wife's case and it said TRANSFER IN PROGRESS. So I left the airport.

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

My case has been ready in Djibouti since April 29th, but when I contact the embassy they say that it is just the electronic file and that the physical file is still in Cairo. My case has two entries one showing ready in Djibouti and one that used to say ready in Cairo but on the 16th of July the status changed to "Transfer In Progress". The case was updated again on the 20th but the status didn't change. I was wondering if anybody is in the same situation.

CAN you tell me what is physical file.

ITS copy or orignal files.

Timeline

Today while I was at the gate in the airport getting ready to fly to Cairo to get my wife a security clearance I check the status of my wife's case and it said TRANSFER IN PROGRESS. So I left the airport.

well inshallah know it get transferred fast nd u go to algiers wife her nd ur kids. my cousin moved into a room with two other ppl its a room kitchen nd two bathroom nd three beds for 600.just think of it as a vacation dont stress it and inshallah kolkhair .

Timeline

well inshallah know it get transferred fast nd u go to algiers wife her nd ur kids. my cousin moved into a room with two other ppl its a room kitchen nd two bathroom nd three beds for 600.just think of it as a vacation dont stress it and inshallah kolkhair .

Best words I've heard. Now that I know my case left cairo I can relax and start enjoying my vacation. Is this what happened to your cousins case? Did it say transfer in progress? If so how long until it arrives in Algiers

Timeline

CAN you tell me what is physical file.

ITS copy or orignal files.

To be honest, I have no idea what the physical file is since Yemen cases were all electronic. My best guess is it is all the papers that were sent to them that were by mail for example the original I-130 packet that was sent to the USCIS,

Timeline

Are you saying your case said it was ready in Djibiuti in April? And now it says in transfer in progress? I'm April while it said ready did it have a cro or dji behind the case number ? You just confused me.

My case was accepted to transfer to Djibouti on 5-29 and on 6-8 it showed transfer in progress and on 7-2 it showed ready and it starts with SAA and ends with DJI. I hope this helps you and off you can answer my questions thanks in advance

Timeline

i didnt check before alot so im not sure if i said that but

now ever since they gave him the new case number itvsays at nvc and when i check the old number it says the case number doednt work . i just hope nvc is not holding his case and saying its in algiers already cuz the last letter said that

the file is there but to wait for an appointment.

Timeline

Does anyone know if the petitioner interviews in the United States before the beneficiary does? Or does the petitioner not interview just the beneficiary??

Timeline

Does anyone know if the petitioner interviews in the United States before the beneficiary does? Or does the petitioner not interview just the beneficiary??

Yes, I had to attend an interview before my husband's case was sent to NVC

Timeline

Alsalam wi alaykoom so in reply to what ur asking about the money to go into Algeria is a rumor I swear to god. My husband just went to Algeria like 2 days ago and he said it wasn't tru and that they don't even ask u about money.. one of his friends had left 2 days b4 him and he only had 200$ In his pocket .. The only good thing to have like 100 dollar bills on u is when u cash it they give u the full amounlt rather then having someone send it to u I only made this account just to tell u this cuz I feel bad that ppl would have to go thru the hassle in getting that money and then in the end it was just a rumor .. I hope U understood what I'm saying ..

is it for sure that Algier is requiring that they have to entry with $4000, is that 100% true or is that justa rumor?

also, do you guys think that egypt is possible/maybe giving ppl appointments after 2-3 months of case transfer, but they're just not being clear about it? in a way to manage their case load? has anyone had there case in egypt for 2-3 months and got an appointment? it seems people are getting appointments,but it's rare and not all at once. i feel like they have a system that's going on. also, why do they not reply to emails? i mean i have certain a couple and i don't even ge the auto response.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.