H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

you have to have 4,000 dollors with u to enter nd once u get in u can look for a hotel and from wat i heard it isnt so expensive itslike 10 dollors a day . food is cheap to nd ppl are nice. also easier u just wait till ur file is there nd then wait for an appointment thats ut unlike all the other places like cairo u need to send in ur documents before the interview for and make an acvount with they embassy website and not being able to get a visa sucks anyway good luck

I heard that too about the $4000

Timeline

My case number is YTC and my case was accepted to be transferred on May 28. I waited and waited and NVC kept telling me the same thing. That my case was going to be transferred even tho it was already in Cairo.

I got tired of their games so I contacted my congressman, and had my dad go see her in person. We explained everything to her, she called up the NVC and had it transferred that same week. Now, Alhamdulillah my case in Djibouti, and I have an appointment in Aug for my husband's interview.

Contact ur congressman and if ur able to go to their office, go. Wallah it helped me and I'm sure they will help u. InshaAllah everyone here gets appointments soon.

Alhamdulilah! Jazaki Allah khair for your honesty! I called my congressman and Monday the rep will give me a call and hopefully I can schedule an appt with her! Inshallah they will be able to help me. Again thank you so much for your honesty!

Timeline

Glad you got an appointment but i think there's a lot of people that came around that time that are now getting appointments. I came the 20th so hopefully it's soon for me.

When is your appointment ?

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

Thanks for the info. I know you mentioned your cousin was there. Can you ask if there's a way somebody can rent a furnished apartments. I got 2 kids and I don't think a hotel will do. I called the NVC and spoke with a supervisor and he was very helpful. So for the people transferring cases from Cairo to Algiers, Cairo isn't responsible for transferring the cases, it's the NVC that will be doing it and it will be in the order of who requested the transfer first. So basically it's first come first serve.

Timeline

Was your case stuck in Cairo?

Yes, since May. But NVC told me in the beginning it didn't go to Cairo, they kept telling me it was coming to Djibouti and I waiting a whole month thinking it was here when it was really in Cairo.

Timeline

Alhamdulilah! Jazaki Allah khair for your honesty! I called my congressman and Monday the rep will give me a call and hopefully I can schedule an appt with her! Inshallah they will be able to help me. Again thank you so much for your honesty!

Alhamdulillah, I'm glad I can help. Allah ya wafiqish. InshaAllah they will be able to help u the same way they did for me. And don't believe the NVC when they say they can't do anything for ur case, they are the ones pulling the strings.

Timeline

Glad you got an appointment but i think there's a lot of people that came around that time that are now getting appointments. I came the 20th so hopefully it's soon for me.

When is your appointment ?

Our appointment is in the first week of Aug. But what I don't understand is that you said ur case arrived here in early July. You shudve gotten an interview appointment after a week, at most.

Have you tried contacting them or going to the Embassy? A few ppl we know were in kinda the same situation. They're cases arrived but they received blank emails from the Embassy and they were about to miss they're appointments had they waited without contacting the Embassy.

Timeline

Our appointment is in the first week of Aug. But what I don't understand is that you said ur case arrived here in early July. You shudve gotten an interview appointment after a week, at most.

Have you tried contacting them or going to the Embassy? A few ppl we know were in kinda the same situation. They're cases arrived but they received blank emails from the Embassy and they were about to miss they're appointments had they waited without contacting the Embassy.

I've sent over 10 emails to the counselor and the embassy. The response I get are the automated ####### that doesn't even apply to me. I called and left messages but nobody returns my calls. Somebody told me they spoke to the embassy and they said there doing cases in order in which they were received. Hopefully that's true. But I've lost faith in our government immigration system. They don't even communicate with us to give us alottle piece of mind. There's a lot of people that came in same time I did so for now I'm keeping In touch with them so we know if we get missed

Filed: Timeline

Adam

You emailed the embassy in Cairo and there not responding. Yeah there not responding to anyone but how long have u been in Djibouti and when did you send the request. A lot of cases have been transferred.

Sahran, our case is in Cairo, and we sent a request to have it transferred to Djibouti on June 14th. Our case has still not been transferred yet. When you say "a lot of cases have been transferred," which cases do you mean have been transferred? When were they requested for transfer?

Jazakum Allah khair.

Timeline

Adam

You emailed the embassy in Cairo and there not responding. Yeah there not responding to anyone but how long have u been in Djibouti and when did you send the request. A lot of cases have been transferred.

No I emailed Djibouti embassy. I've been in Djibouti since May 21st. My case arrived from Cairo on July 2nd and it's ready. I'm just waiting on the appointment

Timeline

Thanks for the info. I know you mentioned your cousin was there. Can you ask if there's a way somebody can rent a furnished apartments. I got 2 kids and I don't think a hotel will do. I called the NVC and spoke with a supervisor and he was very helpful. So for the people transferring cases from Cairo to Algiers, Cairo isn't responsible for transferring the cases, it's the NVC that will be doing it and it will be in the order of who requested the transfer first. So basically it's first come first serve.

i asked him he said he found a room with living room kitchen and bath for 700dollors its starting to get crowred he said

Timeline

Adam

Was ur case ytc or Saa my case is ytc and I have been here since May 26 and my case is still in Cairo. When I contact the nvc, they say the transfer is in the order recieved. It seems you got lucky with your case.

My case is SAA. The transfer got accepted in May 29th and it got to Djibouti July 2nd. I wouldn't say I'm lucky yet. I been here for over 2 months and still no appointment. My friends came after me and left before me Cause there cases were at nvc. The embassy here is very inconsiderate. I wouldn't be so upset if they communicated with us with all honesty. Some of us have job and I would like to have a real estimated time of completion. They forget were Americans and they work for us. Edited by Adam_M

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.