H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Update, I just checked my case minutes ago and it says Transfer in Progress!!!

inshaAllah all of u will check again and see the same thing. Ya Allah. InshaAllah khair

Timeline

Zanoubia

How long has ur husband been in djibouti

We arrived in Djibouti on May 7th

Hi!

Does anyone know how long does it take to get a visa interview in Djibouti after case has been transferred/expedited??

Is your case still at NVC or Cairo?

Timeline

My wife's case has been transferred/expedited from NVC to Djibouti on July 1

As I have heard, cases that come from the NVC usually take about 3 weeks til u get an appointment and the case number begins with DJI.

Cases that come from Cairo usually begin with YTC and take about a month to get here and then and 3wks til the day of ur appointment.

Cases that begin with SAA were either on the way to Yemen, or already had appointments there before the Embassy closed in Yemen usually take the longest to get here. About 2 months and sometimes more.

I hope this was of help to u and good luck.

Timeline

Did you come to Djibouti, maybe you gave them ur case number at the port??

I never stepped foot in Djibouti nor has my wife. I don't mind if they transfer my case as long as they give me an appointment in a couple of weeks. My case was expedited to Cairo and I am close to getting my wife an entry visa to Cairo but if this transfer further delays the completion of my wife's case then this is a huge problem.

Timeline

My wife's case has been transferred/expedited from NVC to Djibouti on July 1

My cousin's case was transferred May 28th from NVC, it took a couple of weeks ( maybe a week and a half) until his case showed a ready status in the Djibouti embassy then it took them another week to review his case and give him an appointment.

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

My cousin's case was transferred May 28th from NVC, it took a couple of weeks ( maybe a week and a half) until his case showed a ready status in the Djibouti embassy then it took them another week to review his case and give him an appointment.

I am also in Jordan trying to get my wife an entry visa. I contacted Abu rashed and he said were gonna submit the application on Tuesday. How long you been waiting for a visa?

Timeline

I never stepped foot in Djibouti nor has my wife. I don't mind if they transfer my case as long as they give me an appointment in a couple of weeks. My case was expedited to Cairo and I am close to getting my wife an entry visa to Cairo but if this transfer further delays the completion of my wife's case then this is a huge problem.

Well Djibouti doesn't accept cases unless the beneficiary is physically in Djibouti and has sent them proof. But with Algiers, they accept case transfer requests through email and no proof is necessary.

I think you should call the NVC and ask them where your case is going. And InshaAllah khair.

Timeline

As I have heard, cases that come from the NVC usually take about 3 weeks til u get an appointment and the case number begins with DJI.

Cases that come from Cairo usually begin with YTC and take about a month to get here and then and 3wks til the day of ur appointment.

Cases that begin with SAA were either on the way to Yemen, or already had appointments there before the Embassy closed in Yemen usually take the longest to get here. About 2 months and sometimes more.

I hope this was of help to u and good luck.

Thank you very much for the info. I wish you the best with your case. Inshallah khair for everyone here

Timeline

I greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much. Good luck to you and I wish the best

Timeline

Been a whlile since I posted anything on here so here's my update.

My case went from nvc to Cairo in April. That was before Egypt started requiring a visa. Then I decided to go to Djibouti and transfer my case there. I met my wife at the port on of Djibouti may 20th. We gave the U.S. immigration officer our case number to transfer our case to Djibouti. June 8th I get an email that my case transfer was accepted on May 29th. When I check my status it said transfer in progress on June 8th. Then June 12 it updates again they put a DJI behind my case number. Then finally on July 2nd it showed ready. And since then no updates no appointment. I sent them many emails and phone calls they never answer my question and give me a auto reply email saying a bunch of ####### that doesn't apply to me. This is ridiculous on there email it says it takes 7 days to review a case and issue an appointment. There so full of #######. Hopefully this helps somebody

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.