H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Oh i see, Thank you so much this is going to help me a lot!

Did your case transfer now? Is it in Djibouti? Did you get your interview appointment?

Have u went to the Djibouti embassy to requst a transfer??

Timeline

Have u went to the Djibouti embassy to requst a transfer??

I emailed Djibouti asking for an appointment but they havent responded yet. Mean while i contacted the US Embassy in Cairo asking them about my case and such and this is what they replied...

"Please be advised that we have not yet received an official request for transfer from the Post in Djibouti. Once we receive this request, we will move forward with the process of transferring your case."

This gets me so mad!!!!

NVC is telling me that they transferred my case and Cairo denied even getting a request.

Now im waiting for Djibouti to reply with an appointment so my husband can go and explain our situation.

As for Cairo i have no idea who runs that Embassy but they seriously need new employees!! Its like theres only one person running that Embassy. He goes by the name of MO.

Timeline

The same email you recieved is the same email I received this morning, I will try and do the same, but I will email the NVC and forward them the message that was sent from Cairo , and explain the problem we'll see what I get out of it, inshallah khair

Timeline

I emailed Djibouti asking for an appointment but they havent responded yet. Mean while i contacted the US Embassy in Cairo asking them about my case and such and this is what they replied...

"Please be advised that we have not yet received an official request for transfer from the Post in Djibouti. Once we receive this request, we will move forward with the process of transferring your case."

This gets me so mad!!!!

NVC is telling me that they transferred my case and Cairo denied even getting a request.

Now im waiting for Djibouti to reply with an appointment so my husband can go and explain our situation.

As for Cairo i have no idea who runs that Embassy but they seriously need new employees!! Its like theres only one person running that Embassy. He goes by the name of MO.

Once your case leaves the NVC, they no longer have anything to do with your case.

Your file has to be accepted in Djibouti. Once they accept your file in Djibouti, then they will send a request to the Embassy in Egypt.

Egypt can't just send your case cuz you want it to be. The other embassy has to accept your case first and then they can send it. But the NVC is the real dog in this all cuz they are sending people emails sayin that your files are being transferred when in reality they are sending as many as they can to Egypt.

But... Instead of waiting for an appointment, have you tried just going to the Embassy in Djibouti and seeing if they let u in??

A few people I know were able to walk in without an appointment. A few who filed new petitions and the others were in the same situation that you're in right now. SubhannAllah, you never know til u try.

Timeline

The same email you recieved is the same email I received this morning, I will try and do the same, but I will email the NVC and forward them the message that was sent from Cairo , and explain the problem we'll see what I get out of it, inshallah khair

Like I said in the post before this, NVC is not going to do anything for you. They will tell you that YOU have to contact the Embassy in Egypt directly..

I think you can either email the Embassy in Djibouti stating that you want ur case transferred here with proof ur in DJI, (passport and DJI visa entry stamp) or go to speak to them directly. And inshaAllah khair. May Allah guide us and make the rest of the way easy for us all.

Timeline

Like I said in the post before this, NVC is not going to do anything for you. They will tell you that YOU have to contact the Embassy in Egypt directly..

I think you can either email the Embassy in Djibouti stating that you want ur case transferred here with proof ur in DJI, (passport and DJI visa entry stamp) or go to speak to them directly. And inshaAllah khair. May Allah guide us and make the rest of the way easy for us all.

Thank you very much, do you know anyone who's had success going to egypt for interview?

Timeline

Thank you very much, do you know anyone who's had success going to egypt for interview?

You're very welcome.

I know a few people that have already went to Egypt a few weeks ago. And I saw a man and his kids today at the Egyptian Embassy. He said he was waiting so they can give his kids visas. InshaAllah khair. It's pretty simple wallah, but it takes time. 2 weeks being the least so it could take longer.

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

Salam friends, I just want u all to know that the best place to transfer is to Djibouti. My husband got an interview date and he was only there for 3 weeks and one of my friends father just went there few days ago n he got an interview, Don't trouble yourselves over Cairo or Algeria. The fastest process has been Djibouti. First you request an expedite from NVC then from Yemen embassy to transfer it to Djibouti. After 2 weeks a letter is emailed to u n request has been transferred to Djibouti. Good Luck all.

Timeline

Salam friends, I just want u all to know that the best place to transfer is to Djibouti. My husband got an interview date and he was only there for 3 weeks and one of my friends father just went there few days ago n he got an interview, Don't trouble yourselves over Cairo or Algeria. The fastest process has been Djibouti. First you request an expedite from NVC then from Yemen embassy to transfer it to Djibouti. After 2 weeks a letter is emailed to u n request has been transferred to Djibouti. Good Luck all.

Masha'Allah 3 weeks. My husband has been in Djibouti for a month and a half with no progress. I think its way easier when the case is still at NVC.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

so a request from ivyemen is no good. when i contact the nvc they tell me that my case will be transferred but they have a lot of cases the are transferring. doesn't mvc send the request to djibouti and djbouti sends the requests to cairo for transfer.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

when i email the us embassy djibouti this is what i get back.

Thank you for your email. Your case is being transferred to Djibouti. Case transfers can take several weeks to arrive in Djibouti from the time the transfer request is processed at the National Visa Center to the arrival of the files in Djibouti. We will contact you when your case arrives. Regardless of any emails you receive from the National Visa Center or IVYemen, please do not contact the Embassy asking if your case has arrived – these emails will not be answered. You will be contacted when your case has arrived and has been reviewed.

Timeline

when i email the us embassy djibouti this is what i get back.

Thank you for your email. Your case is being transferred to Djibouti. Case transfers can take several weeks to arrive in Djibouti from the time the transfer request is processed at the National Visa Center to the arrival of the files in Djibouti. We will contact you when your case arrives. Regardless of any emails you receive from the National Visa Center or IVYemen, please do not contact the Embassy asking if your case has arrived these emails will not be answered. You will be contacted when your case has arrived and has been reviewed.

How long ago did u email them??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.