H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I requested a case to transfer to Djibouti 40 days ago and still no response from them? I tried emailing but no one replied. Did anybody go through this situation? What should i do? Any advice?

I requested a transfer on May 12th.

On May 21st, NVC said my case was under review cuz it was about to go to Egypt. I had an appointment ready for June 24th btw.

NVC responded on May 28th stating my case will be transferred to the Embassy in Djibouti.

I called them at least twice a week to make sure where my case was and they assured me that my case was definitely going to Djibouti.

On June 24th, I go the Embassy to ask where my case is, unfortunately they don't have my file. So I emailed the U.S. Embassy in Egypt to ask the same question. Turns out, Egypt has my case and I had no idea.

What I'm trying to say is that, if You've been waiting over a month and u haven't heard anything yet, the NVC probably sent it out to Cairo because if ur case was still at NVC, it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks til u get an appointment letter from Djibouti.

NVC gave me false information and had me waiting here like they were paying for everything here on my behalf. I'm frustrated and I hope that no one here has to go through the same thing.

Contact the NVC, contact the Embassy in Egypt and ask where your case file is cuz chances are it's probably just sitting there.

Timeline

On May 21st, NVC said my case was under review cuz it was about to go to Egypt. I had an appointment ready for June 24th btw.

NVC responded on May 28th stating my case will be transferred to the Embassy in Djibouti.

I called them at least twice a week to make sure where my case was and they assured me that my case was definitely going to Djibouti.

On June 24th, I go the Embassy to ask where my case is, unfortunately they don't have my file. So I emailed the U.S. Embassy in Egypt to ask the same question. Turns out, Egypt has my case and I had no idea.

What I'm trying to say is that, if You've been waiting over a month and u haven't heard anything yet, the NVC probably sent it out to Cairo because if ur case was still at NVC, it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks til u get an appointment letter from Djibouti.

NVC gave me false information and had me waiting here like they were paying for everything here on my behalf. I'm frustrated and I hope that no one here has to go through the same thing.

Contact the NVC, contact the Embassy in Egypt and ask where your case file is cuz chances are it's probably just sitting there.

What did you do after hearing it was in Egypt? Did Egypt say it would transfer?

Timeline

So should i contact the Embassy in Cairo and request a case transfer from them?

Timeline

So should i contact the Embassy in Cairo and request a case transfer from them?

I emailed them and they said if I want a case transfer, I have to go to the Embassy here and ask them to transfer it for me.

Timeline

What did you do after hearing it was in Egypt? Did Egypt say it would transfer?

They will only transfer the file if I go to the Embassy here and ask them to transfer it.

But rite now I'm looking if I can get to Egypt, I heard a few days ago they are tryin to make it easier for Yemenis to travel to Egypt. No visas necessary. InshaAllah they do that for us, yaaa Rabb.

Timeline

They will only transfer the file if I go to the Embassy here and ask them to transfer it.

But rite now I'm looking if I can get to Egypt, I heard a few days ago they are tryin to make it easier for Yemenis to travel to Egypt. No visas necessary. InshaAllah they do that for us, yaaa Rabb.

What do you mean the embassy here? Do you mean you have to travel to Egypt?

Timeline

What do you mean the embassy here? Do you mean you have to travel to Egypt?

I mean if you want to get ur case transferred from Egypt, u go to the U.S. embassy in Djibouti and request the transfer from there.

Timeline

I mean if you want to get ur case transferred from Egypt, u go to the U.S. embassy in Djibouti and request the transfer from there.

Oh i see, Thank you so much this is going to help me a lot!

Did your case transfer now? Is it in Djibouti? Did you get your interview appointment?

Timeline

Oh i see, Thank you so much this is going to help me a lot!

Did your case transfer now? Is it in Djibouti? Did you get your interview appointment?

Glad I can help.

I'm trying to get a visa to Egypt for my husband so we can go to Cairo. InshaAllah everything works out for everyone here.

Timeline

Glad I can help.

I'm trying to get a visa to Egypt for my husband so we can go to Cairo. InshaAllah everything works out for everyone here.

Can you share how you will go about getting a visa to egypt?

Timeline

I went to the Egytian Embassy here in Djibouti. I told them about our situation and they told us to fill out a form. They will then take this form along with a scanned copy of my husband's passport and two 4x6 photos of him (like the ones u take to the medical exam).

They said they will take all these and send them to Egyptian Homeland Secuirty. If Egypt accepts everything, they will give him a visa right away. But they said it'll take atleast 2 weeks til they get back to us.

It's not impossible to go there, but they don't make it easy, that's for sure. Bas InshaAllah khair.

Timeline

I went to the Egytian Embassy here in Djibouti. I told them about our situation and they told us to fill out a form. They will then take this form along with a scanned copy of my husband's passport and two 4x6 photos of him (like the ones u take to the medical exam).

They said they will take all these and send them to Egyptian Homeland Secuirty. If Egypt accepts everything, they will give him a visa right away. But they said it'll take atleast 2 weeks til they get back to us.

It's not impossible to go there, but they don't make it easy, that's for sure. Bas InshaAllah khair.

Timeline

Jazaki Allah kahir for your honesty and help, may Allah swt reward you with good news soon.

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

hi .

MY orignal decoument at nvc.

I was asking .when i get appointement date. IS NVC will send my orignal decoument to my house in usa or to us embassy in DIJBOUTI.

SHOKREN to all

Timeline

hi .

MY orignal decoument at nvc.

I was asking .when i get appointement date. IS NVC will send my orignal decoument to my house in usa or to us embassy in DIJBOUTI.

SHOKREN to all

To the embassy in Djibouti. It is much easier when your case is still at NVC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.