H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

The U.S. Embassy wishes to inform U.S. citizens and their non-U.S. citizen family members departing the unrest in Yemen and arriving in Djibouti via seaborne travel of requirements relating to immigrant visa case transfer requests. In order to improve service and appointment availability, non-U.S. citizen family members requesting a case transfer of an existing immigrant visa case are no longer required to make an appointment to physically present themselves at the Embassy. Non-U.S. citizen family members are now requested to send the following information to Consular staff: their case file number, a local contact number or email address, a photo of their Djiboutian entry visa and entry stamp, and a photo of their passport bio-data page. This information should be e-mailed to the Embassy at DJI-CONS-IV@state.gov, or dropped off at the Consular Security entrance in an envelope. Failure to provide all requested information may result in delays relating to immigrant visa case transfer requests to the Embassy.

Timeline

Alhamdilah rab al Alamein, my husband was able to get a interview in Egypt may 31, my attorney sent a expedited requst to the consular section in Cairo, ConsularCairoIV@state.gov.

Alhamdilah they replied with a interview date. Wallah I was so shocked, i am still shocked thank god for his blessings. MAke lots of DUA! Inshallah rabbi will make things easy for you in these tought times as he has done for me.

I hope others could benefit she did not even send it to the NVC directly to the consulate in Cairo inshallah it will help others,

I know attorney can be sneaky sometimes, but I truly believe Allah set her in my path to help me. And she has alhamdilah, it is not for everyone, but when I have been patient for 4 yrs and a half I needed help.

Only thing is getting to Egypt, my husband inshallah will be leaving to Djibouti this week and we are hoping to transfer his case to there as soon as he arrives, I honeslty rather have him in Djibouti than egyot with how they are treating our kind, may Allah forgive them.

Inshallah I can help you like Allah swt has helped me.

Timeline

In Shaa Allah your journey ends soon.

The biggest obstical is getting into Egypt.

Follow the instructions mentioned earlier and they can get him transferred to Djibouti. It's easier for a man than it is for a woman to travel to Djibouti. I heard it's pretty harsh there(the living condition) update us.

In Shaa Allah it goes well for you guys

Timeline

For the people that went to Djibouti are they asking for a sponsor or anything of that sort? Also can you fly there if that's an option. Wondering if anyone has any info on this ? Please share please

Timeline

For the people that went to Djibouti are they asking for a sponsor or anything of that sort? Also can you fly there if that's an option. Wondering if anyone has any info on this ? Please share please

Yes they do need a sponsor..if your talking about flying from here to Djibouti yes u can..my cousins are leaving tomorrow from here to meet up with their families who are coming from Yemen by boat.

No I mean if I can get my wife to enter saudia and leave by plane

If you can, then it might be possible. I am not a 100% sure thou, but she would need a visa to get to djibouti.

This is the email i received about saudia arabia:

Travelers granted entry by Saudi authorities will likely receive a visa valid for 15 days, and will be directed to depart before the visa expires. Non-U.S. citizen family members should not attempt to cross into Saudi Arabia unless they already have a valid Saudi visa, or have a visa valid for travel to another country from Saudi Arabia.‎ Saudi authorities have indicated that non-U.S. citizen family members without visas will not be permitted to enter Saudi Arabia.

Edited by 12twoone

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

Why is everyone expediting their cases to Egypt, when you know they won't be able to get Egyptian visa and end up transferring it to Djbouti. Does it matter it someone transfer their cases from Nvc to Djbouti or from Egypt to Djibouti? Is there a difference please let me know

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

It didn't really say where, just at the end of the email it stated Cairo, so maybe Cairo?

Why is everyone expediting their cases to Egypt, when you know they won't be able to get Egyptian visa and end up transferring it to Djbouti. Does it matter it someone transfer their cases from Nvc to Djbouti or from Egypt to Djibouti? Is there a difference please let me know

Timeline

Can anyone assist with info on how my husband could leave Sanaa to Djibouti? Please

He has to travel to Almakha and from there he has to pay for the boat. Its 18,000 Yemeni rials. They wait for everyone to aboard and they leave to Djibouti.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.