H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

How do you know it's in transit? Isn't it just an email? It's electronic. Do you have a date yet?

I checked the status on the NVC website here:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

Yeah it is just an email, but even if the embassy has received it already I read somewhere that it is not marked as received in the case status until it is assigned to someone and they start processing.

I don't have a date yet. Hopefully by the time I get a date it won't be too far away and travelling will much easier, hopefully they will open the airport soon.

Timeline

How did you get your case expedited to Cairo?

I sent them an expedite request about a month ago detailing that the elongation of the case has been detrimental to my health, my job, and basically my future. I submitted documents to support my claims, however I was denied. Then a week later I received an email from NVC stating that the Cairo embassy has reconsidered and is accepting my expedite request.

I think what happened is that I sent the expedite request before the crisis in Yemen and they were not accepting any expedite requests at that time for Yemeni cases. Then when the crisis started they reconsidered and all the requests that they received. It won't hurt to send another request just remember you need proof, anything that will support your claims and as much of it as possible.

Timeline

I sent them an expedite request about a month ago detailing that the elongation of the case has been detrimental to my health, my job, and basically my future. I submitted documents to support my claims, however I was denied. Then a week later I received an email from NVC stating that the Cairo embassy has reconsidered and is accepting my expedite request.

I think what happened is that I sent the expedite request before the crisis in Yemen and they were not accepting any expedite requests at that time for Yemeni cases. Then when the crisis started they reconsidered and all the requests that they received. It won't hurt to send another request just remember you need proof, anything that will support your claims and as much of it as possible.

This is what I got back from Ethiopia

post-188825-0-23437900-1429933019_thumb.jpg

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

What kind of proofs did you submit?

Timeline

In Shaa Allah.

Just to be clear what does it say when you check your case?

I have attached a screenshot to what comes up when I check the status of my case.

What kind of proofs did you submit?

Letter from doctor.

The prescriptions that I take.

Letter from employer.

Letter stating how much money I owe (Student loans, etc.)

post-203979-0-40731200-1429933087_thumb.png

Timeline

Will we be getying interiews soon or is that letter just to excite us

To be honest with u i wouldnt get my hopes up..because everytime i feel like i do,things never turn out the way i thought they would..but maybe since they are transfering our cases to Egypt things could be better. Inshallah!

Timeline

I have attached a screenshot to what comes up when I check the status of my case.

You should call Nvc cause I think they are the ones that give you a date. Just incase

Letter from doctor.

Letter from employer.

Timeline

You should call Nvc cause I think they are the ones that give you a date. Just incase

Letter from doctor.

Letter from employer.

Thanks for the info, I was wondering why I haven't received a date yet. Usually they send out an email with all the information about what my wife should bring to the interview. I thought maybe they were just waiting until my case arrived at the embassy.

I am kind of hoping that they don't give me a date that is too soon or at least until there is reasonable means of transport from Yemen.

Timeline

How long after they approved your expedite did it say in transit. You want to know something a lot of people might hate me for this but الحمد لله my case just completed last week and because I am so proactive and make a lot of dua I was able to expedite it. I even got them to complete my case over the phone. You have to be extremely proactive or you'll end up lost in the system. In Shaa Allah everybody get an interview soon. Dua is key

Timeline

How long after they approved your expedite did it say in transit. You want to know something a lot of people might hate me for this but الحمد لله my case just completed last week and because I am so proactive and make a lot of dua I was able to expedite it. I even got them to complete my case over the phone. You have to be extremely proactive or you'll end up lost in the system. In Shaa Allah everybody get an interview soon. Dua is key

It took a few days for my case to go into transit. Yes I whole heatedly agree with you be proactive do not quit. If they deny you request again and again try all the methods call everyone, email everyone, show them that you are not giving up because you are just another case to them and also don't forget the dua.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.