H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

If they tell you guys to go to cairo for an interview, I would advise to get an Egyptian visa from somewhere before traveling.. one of my close friends has an interview for next week. When he went to the Egyptian embassy in yemen to get an Egyptian visa. The Embassy was closed. He said he would get one from Djibouti but the Egyptian embassy in Djibouti is taking very long to process one for him. His Djibouti visa was completed is two days. Now he is stuck in Djibouti waiting for a reply from the Egyptian embassy...

do you guys know what I should do to help him?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I called the NVC and she was said they are trying to figure out a way to resolve the issue. And to be patient I told her it's going on five years I don't know how much more patients I have. then she mentioned I can put an expidited request, I told her I'd hate to get a lawyer involved but it's ridiculous. So I will try to email them and inshallah khair!

If they tell you guys to go to cairo for an interview, I would advise to get an Egyptian visa from somewhere before traveling.. one of my close friends has an interview for next week. When he went to the Egyptian embassy in yemen to get an Egyptian visa. The Embassy was closed. He said he would get one from Djibouti but the Egyptian embassy in Djibouti is taking very long to process one for him. His Djibouti visa was completed is two days. Now he is stuck in Djibouti waiting for a reply from the Egyptian embassy...

do you guys know what I should do to help him?

Isn't everything on lock-down right now? There aren't any planes or ships going out, so how did your friend get to Djibouti, and how does the embassy in Cairo expect Yemenis to travel to Egypt with no means of leaving the country?

Isn't everything on lock-down right now? There aren't any planes or ships going out, so how did your friend get to Djibouti, and how does the embassy in Cairo expect Yemenis to travel to Egypt with no means of leaving the country?

He left by boat through almakhaa it took a whole day for him to arrive now he is stuck in Djibouti. He left Yemen for the interview and now he can't go to cairo because of the new law they just passed that yemeni citizens need an Egyptian visa to entee egypt.

It's so frustrating. I don't know why the Egyptian embassy won't let yemenis with interviews to go easily. It's not like they will stay in egypt and live there

He left by boat through almakhaa it took a whole day for him to arrive now he is stuck in Djibouti. He left Yemen for the interview and now he can't go to cairo because of the new law they just passed that yemeni citizens need an Egyptian visa to entee egypt.

It's so frustrating. I don't know why the Egyptian embassy won't let yemenis with interviews to go easily. It's not like they will stay in egypt and live there

They changed the visa rule when Decisive Storm started. Sigh.

Can someone help me with something.. you know in the spouse visa when the NVC sends the list to be completed. AOS and the IV documents. How did you guys send them. It says to send my email but how? And when did you email them. When I dI'd the ds-261 the choose an agent application and paid the aos fee $120. On the aos receipt, it says to turn in the aos documnets but I haven't done the ds-260 or paid the IV fee. Do I send the documents (aos and IV documennts) now or what?

What rule and what storm..

Decisive Storm - The coalition that started the air strikes. They called the mission Decisive Storm.

After it started, Egypt put out a rule that Yemenis require a visa. I believe it used to be visa on arrival.

Timeline

First pay the aos fee. After it shows paid email the aos to Nvc it should have the link on the paper or email you received. Then when they bill you for the IV fee pay that and email the documents. I think you can send all documents together but not 100% sure. Follow the instructions or search Nvc process on visajourney search engine it will walk you through step by step. I would give you the link but I'm using my phone. Be patient I know it's frustrating

Timeline

Decisive Storm - The coalition that started the air strikes. They called the mission Decisive Storm.

After it started, Egypt put out a rule that Yemenis require a visa. I believe it used to be visa on arrival.

Do you know if the visa has a limit as to how long you can stay in the country and how long you can wait after attaining the visa before you have to travel to Egypt without the visa becoming void. Or is it like a one year thing and whenever you go within that one year you just go?

I heard the visas take some time to process, if they do I would rather get them now and hope that the situation in Yemen gets better soon. In shaa allah. I don't think that they can keep a whole country trapped within its borders for much longer without at least securing an airport for people to enter and exit the country.

Do you know if the visa has a limit as to how long you can stay in the country and how long you can wait after attaining the visa before you have to travel to Egypt without the visa becoming void. Or is it like a one year thing and whenever you go within that one year you just go?

I heard the visas take some time to process, if they do I would rather get them now and hope that the situation in Yemen gets better soon. In shaa allah. I don't think that they can keep a whole country trapped within its borders for much longer without at least securing an airport for people to enter and exit the country.

To be honest, I'm not sure, but it might be a 30 day visa and you probably have 3-6 months to enter the country before it becomes void. You might want to look into that.

I agree. How they have gone with airports shut for nearly 3 weeks is beyond me. I really hope they start opening up airports. It's risky, but the innocent people are truly suffering. Insha'Allah it gets better.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Even U.S. Citizens require a visa before travelling to Egypt now. They changed it for everyone, not just Yemenis. Yeah, it used to be $15 at the airport upon arrival.

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

Visa type: CR-1

01-06-14 Married

03-21-14 Priority Date (Nebraska Service Center)

03-25-14 NOA1

08-26-14 Approved! 5 months, 5 days

09-04-14 shipped to NVC per USCIS website

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

01-30-15 Case Complete! 5 months at NVC with no checklists

03-25-15 Received Interview Letter, date is 05/14/15

05-14-15 Interview Result: APPROVED!

06-08-15 25 days later...CEAC finally shows READY

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

06-15-15 POE in Philadelphia

Total Time from Sending Petition to Visa in Hand: 14 months, 3 weeks

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

What about jordan

Can we enter it with a yemeni visa

Yes, you can enter Jordan without a visa. Here's a wikipedia page that lists out all the countries and whether Yemenis would need a visa, etc.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Yemeni_citizens

Even U.S. Citizens require a visa before travelling to Egypt now. They changed it for everyone, not just Yemenis. Yeah, it used to be $15 at the airport upon arrival.

I find it a little laughable that an unstable country such as Egypt would do this. Oh well. It would be better if they transfer all cases to Algeria or Jordan instead since no visa is required in those countries.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.