H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

This is what I recieved back

The embassy has closed and all personnel have departed Yemen. We are unable to process any visas in Yemen at this time. The Department of State is exploring alternative solutions and we anticipated designating alternate embassies to process cases on Yemens behalf. At present, no such decision has been made. Electronic files need to be transferred, the embassy has to have adequate capacity to accept additional workload, and it needs to be in a country to which Yemeni nationals can obtain visas. Once those sorts of decisions are resolved, we will post the information to our website.[/

THANKS to help us.

Edited by DREAM COMES TRUTH

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I honestly believe this is good news. Yes it's a hassle to travel to another country, which most likely they will make it in a neighboring country not too far I hope, but at least you know things are moving along and you won't have to deal with Yemeni people.

Timeline

I honestly believe this is good news. Yes it's a hassle to travel to another country, which most likely they will make it in a neighboring country not too far I hope, but at least you know things are moving along and you won't have to deal with Yemeni people.

I agree. Dealing with anything in yemen is so frustrating. I went to hell and back to prove I'm yemeni. Apparently my US passport saying I'm Yemeni isn't enough proof.

Timeline

I don't think it would be Jordan. It's not that easy to get a visa to Jordan. If I had to guess I'd say maybe a North African country or maybe maybe Oman.

Yes, whoever the interview is for would have to go. Notice they said they are trying to figure out a country where Yemenis would be able to obtain visas.

Let's hope it's not morocco. It's one of the toughest embassies in the entire world.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Yemen
Timeline

ALL CONSULAR SERVICES AT EMBASSY SANAA ARE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Updated February 24, 2015

Notice: the U.S. Department of State has designated the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, Egypt to handle American Citizens Services cases emanating out of Yemen, as well as process visas for Yemeni citizens.

NOTICE TO ALL U.S. CITIZENS RESIDING IN OR TRAVELING TO YEMEN:

Embassy Sanaa has suspended consular operations in Yemen. If you are a U.S. citizen residing in or traveling to Yemen, the Embassy may be unable to provide assistance or services to you, even if an emergency situation arises. If you must travel to or remain in Yemen, please register with the State Departments online Smart Traveler Enrollment Program as soon as possible. This will allow Embassy Sanaa to communicate travel alerts and Emergency Messages to you, should the need arise.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.