H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

What kind of address did you give them? Just city and country? For phone numbers did you give cell or home?

When did they request them from y?

I gave them the address I used for their visa application. I live in aden so I gave them the house number and block number cause its in the mansoora and floor number and two cell numbers. I really don't know why they ask for them.

Filed: Timeline

I gave them the address I used for their visa application. I live in aden so I gave them the house number and block number cause its in the mansoora and floor number and two cell numbers. I really don't know why they ask for them.

You live in the mansoora? A friend of mine lives there! They asked me for the same thing. My husband lives 3 hrs away from Sanaa, and there isn't a street name or address, so gave them the name of the village and nearest city and two cell numbers. They sent me an email yesterday asking for these information yesterday. IA we both hear something good.

I was checking your timeline and you've been in this process for such a long time!! Allah ya3eenk.

USCIS

04-29-2013-sent I130

05-02-2013: NOA1 received

08-12-2013:sent i129f

08-19-2013: NOA1 received

12-5-2013: both I130 & I129f transferred to NSC

3-5-2014- both i130 $ i129f transferred to Detroit Local Office

4-9-2014-i129f approved

4-14-2014 NOA2 for i129f

4-14-2014: 130f approved

4-21-2015 NOA2 for i130

NVC:

Timeline

You live in the mansoora? A friend of mine lives there! They asked me for the same thing. My husband lives 3 hrs away from Sanaa, and there isn't a street name or address, so gave them the name of the village and nearest city and two cell numbers. They sent me an email yesterday asking for these information yesterday. IA we both hear something good.

I was checking your timeline and you've been in this process for such a long time!! Allah ya3eenk.

Elgamee Ya Rab. Now my two older children who I applied with my husband and two younger children have finally been approved at USCIS after 3 year and 4 months. My son will be turning 18 on October so that's why I'm asking NVC to expedite their cases I need him to enter the states before he turns 18 so he can become an American citizen automatically upon arrival. So insha'allah we all get some good news soon. And I'm still waiting for my husband and two younger children's AP to be done its going to be a year in ten days since they've been in AP. ALLAH KAREEM.

Elgamee Ya Rab. Now my two older children who I applied with my husband and two younger children have finally been approved at USCIS after 3 year and 4 months. My son will be turning 18 on October so that's why I'm asking NVC to expedite their cases I need him to enter the states before he turns 18 so he can become an American citizen automatically upon arrival. So insha'allah we all get some good news soon. And I'm still waiting for my husband and two younger children's AP to be done its going to be a year in ten days since they've been in AP. ALLAH KAREEM.

So are you originally from Aden? Are you with your family in Aden or In the States? Have you tried to contact your senator?

USCIS

04-29-2013-sent I130

4-9-2014-i129f approved

4-14-2014 NOA2 for i129f

4-21-2015 NOA2 for i130

NVC:

Timeline

So are you originally from Aden? Are you with your family in Aden or In the States? Have you tried to contact your senator?

I'm was born in Brooklyn but came to yemen in 1992 and been here ever since but I went back to the states in 2010 to apply for my family and now I'm in Aden with my husband and 5 kids. My youngest is American born Alhamdillah. I learned my lesson not to have my kids in Yemen anymore. I have been in contact with my senator and congressman they send inquiries to the embassy asking about my families case but they get the same response as I get from the embassy. They embassy has reviewed their cases but is waiting for an appointment date to become available so they can give us further instructions to finish our processing. So we just have to wait and see.

Wow, Allah y3eenk. InshaAllah you will hear great news soon. And I thought I was waiting forever and i just started the process.

It seems like our country is behind in almost everything.

USCIS

04-29-2013-sent I130

4-9-2014-i129f approved

4-14-2014 NOA2 for i129f

4-21-2015 NOA2 for i130

NVC:

Filed: Other Timeline

i got these emails form the embassy

Dear Madam/Sir,

The visa for the child was issued on 03-17-2014.

Best Regards,

JV7

Sana’a IV Unit

and this on too

Dear Madam or Sir,

Thank you for your inquiry. This case is still undergoing administrative processing to ensure it meets all qualifications for an immigrant visa.

We realize these extended time periods cause frustration for many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the immigrant visa program is to re-unite families. We cannot predict when the processing of the visas will be completed, but be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will do everything we can to adjudicate the visas as soon as all necessary processes are complete.

Best Regards,

Sana’a IV Unit

JV7

i got these emails form the embassy

Dear Madam/Sir,

The visa for the child was issued on 03-17-2014.

Best Regards,

JV7

Sanaa IV Unit

and this on too

Dear Madam or Sir,

Thank you for your inquiry. This case is still undergoing administrative processing to ensure it meets all qualifications for an immigrant visa.

We realize these extended time periods cause frustration for many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the immigrant visa program is to re-unite families. We cannot predict when the processing of the visas will be completed, but be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will do everything we can to adjudicate the visas as soon as all necessary processes are complete.

Best Regards,

Sanaa IV Unit

JV7

So does that mean your family got the visa?

USCIS

04-29-2013-sent I130

4-9-2014-i129f approved

4-14-2014 NOA2 for i129f

4-21-2015 NOA2 for i130

NVC:

Filed: Other Timeline

So does that mean your family got the visa?

they interviewed my family two time the first on the told everything ok and the will call them to pick up thier visas after two days i checked thier visas status were issued the called them after a month when they went to there they interviewed them again they told my wife they will do AP

after that when i check my wife visa it says AP but my daughter still issued

Timeline

I got a reply too from the embassy saying they will schedule an appointment when they have an open spot. First time they have replied to an email though.

Can u please tell me what the email said exactly. I want to see was it the same email I received. Thanks.

Salaam,

I have a question. In the ds260 when it's asking for address where immigrant is living whAt did everyone write? For example, my husband doesn't have a streets number, name, etc. should I just put the name of the village/city he lives in?

Also, for mailing address, what should i put there? Should input a p.o. Box?

USCIS

04-29-2013-sent I130

4-9-2014-i129f approved

4-14-2014 NOA2 for i129f

4-21-2015 NOA2 for i130

NVC:

Timeline

I contacted my senator to expidite my case since I'm pregnant she said she will contact the embassy and make sure they expidite my case inshallah they do

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

Salaam,

I have a question. In the ds260 when it's asking for address where immigrant is living whAt did everyone write? For example, my husband doesn't have a streets number, name, etc. should I just put the name of the village/city he lives in?

Also, for mailing address, what should i put there? Should input a p.o. Box?

ITS ok. YOU CAN WRITE THE NAME OF VILAG.

OR TRY TO ASK loyer in this web.

http://m.lawqa.com/qa/once-your-case-in-embassy-who-approves-your-immigrant-visa

Timeline

This is crazy two weeks in a row.

United States Embassy, Sanaa, Yemen

Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Embassy Closed Through May 15, 2014

May 10, 2014

Due to recent attacks against Western interests in Yemen, the U.S. Embassy in Sanaa will remain closed for consular services through May 15, 2014. The Department has been apprised of information that, out of an abundance of caution and care for our employees and others who may be visiting the Embassy, indicates we should institute these precautionary steps. It is possible we may have additional days of closings as well, depending on our analysis.

I contacted my senator to expidite my case since I'm pregnant she said she will contact the embassy and make sure they expidite my case inshallah they do

Insha'allah they do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.