H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

Anybody been scheduled for a visa appointment?

I have the same question as you. The only good thing about the embassy this month is that they have been replying to emails but they tell you the same thing. I made a congessional inquiry and my congresswomans office forwarded me the email she got from the embassy saying they don't have a timeframe for when my wife will get her first interview appointment. I got Case Complete January 30th of this year.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Ugh. Wow. Well positive yes they are replying to emails which means they have actual thinking and breathing humans who are working. Maybe I should apply for a job there and help us all out.

Still I'm not complaining - because it sure beats being closed.

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

Ugh. Wow. Well positive yes they are replying to emails which means they have actual thinking and breathing humans who are working. Maybe I should apply for a job there and help us all out.

Still I'm not complaining - because it sure beats being closed.

Haha yea just make sure when you get a job at the embassy you don't about your friend on VJ. Lol Waiting is not what worries me but the fact that if something were to happen in Sanaa right now then the embassy will close down, really pisses me off.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Haha yea just make sure when you get a job at the embassy you don't about your friend on VJ. Lol Waiting is not what worries me but the fact that if something were to happen in Sanaa right now then the embassy will close down, really pisses me off.

Yeah I'm afraid of that too. I just hope they don't close the embassy anymore. They need to start moving and schedule appointments for people. For some reason I feel like they're not scheduling appointments.

*USCIS:

01-11-13: I-130 sent

01-15-13: I-130 accepted/ receipt # assigned

01-22-13: NOA1 hard copy

05-20-13: I-130 interview assigned

07-18-13: I-130 interview

07-22-13: I-130 approved

07-27-13: NOA2 hard copy

*NVC:

07-30-13: NVC receives case / Case # assigned

08-04-13: DS-261 submitted

08-05-13: AOS fee invoiced / paid

08-26-13: IV fee invoiced /paid

09-05-13: DS-260 completed / IV Package emailed

09-09-13: AOS Package emailed

09-16-13 IV package received email generated

09-17-13 AOS package received email generated

09-30-13: AOS checklist email/ AOS checklist response email sent

10-04-13: NVC receives AOS checklist email

10-24-13: AOS checklist #2 email/ AOS checklist #2 response email sent

11-01-13 NVC receives AOS checklist email

11-29-13: Case Complete

12-06-13: Case Complete email

Timeline

im still waiting for them to send it my case still says accepted but has not been optimized i sent them a letter twice reguarding this nd now its been 36 days since payed and traveler to the us

My husbands case status on Uscis Elis was optimized before his green card was sent. So I think it was on optimized for a month and then he got in the mail.

Timeline

Good Afternoon everyone,

I scheduled an InfoPASS appointment for march 26th to inquiry about my case at my local office. Has anyone ever been to one before? What are you recommendations? what papers should I take with me? Any help is greatly appreciated. Also, my appointment is at the Detroit office. Let me know if you've been there.

Thank you & wish me luck!

During my case at Uscis I went there twice. It's very regular, you'll go up to a window with a case worker there and bring any papers or notices you've gotten from Uscis and just let her know why your case was transferred and your case is past processing times.

My case was transferred to the detroit field office and it was approved there too! So good luck inshallah

Timeline

No one got an appointment so far.. I've been waiting 5 months for my husband to get one my case was completed on October 24 in 2013 looks like I have to wait longer...

Filed: Timeline

During my case at Uscis I went there twice. It's very regular, you'll go up to a window with a case worker there and bring any papers or notices you've gotten from Uscis and just let her know why your case was transferred and your case is past processing times.

My case was transferred to the detroit field office and it was approved there too! So good luck inshallah

Rali33,

did you have an interview in the Detroit office or no?

How long did they take once your file was transferred to Detroit until they approved it for you?

You mentioned that I will be talking to a person at a window, so I won't meet with an immigration officer?

USCIS

04-29-2013-sent I130

05-02-2013: NOA1 received

08-12-2013:sent i129f

08-19-2013: NOA1 received

12-5-2013: both I130 & I129f transferred to NSC

3-5-2014- both i130 $ i129f transferred to Detroit Local Office

4-9-2014-i129f approved

4-14-2014 NOA2 for i129f

4-14-2014: 130f approved

4-21-2015 NOA2 for i130

NVC:

Timeline

I did an infopass appointment. You will meet and immgiration officer but its no use I went 2 times all they tell you is you have to wait until we reply back to you. They check were your case is at and tell you we will write back to you writhing three months

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

I told you .we have do somthing to make the embassy working as the other embassys.

WE have to contect with arab and local magazine in use .this one maybe help.

http://www.yemeniamerican.com/show.php?nid=3218#add

Timeline

Dreams come truth how long have you been waiting for an appointment and we can't do anything to change the embassy but let's just pray they don't close it down cause if they do we're looking at maybe another year for an appointment

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

I was waitting about 5 months.

ANSHALLAH . THE embassy will not close any more .

WE are agood people. AND god know thats.anshallah helpe us.

Edited by DREAM COMES TRUTH

Timeline

im still waiting for them to send it my case still says accepted but has not been optimized i sent them a letter twice reguarding this nd now its been 36 days since payed and traveler to the us

Salam

Today I went to social security office in my area and they asked

Passport

Visa

Birth certificate

And the6 gave me a letter so I will get my card within 2 weeks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.