H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

So i got an email that the us embassy accepted my expedite transfer to Djibouti. What happens next?

In a few days your case will show up as in transit. Then within 2 weeks it will show up as ready and that's when Djibouti will email/call to give you an interview date. Btw your lucky it didn't go to Cairo cause there not letting us get in there for the interview.

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

So i got an email that the us embassy accepted my expedite transfer to Djibouti. What happens next?

When u sent the expedite was ur case still at the Nvc? And in your expedite email did you tell them that u wanted to expedite to Djibouti

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

Send them an expedite to nvcexpedite. Make sure you put your names DOB and case number and tell them your willing to go to any embassy. You can also do the same thing at different embassy's you can go to. They won't give you a good response if you don't give them your info. And don't forget lots and lots of sincere dua In Shaa Allah we all get through this soon

Will do. Same for you let me know if you get anything

when i sent the expedite request. I had mine and my husband's information on there. It wasn't a generic request at all. The only thing i did was I didn't request to expedite it to anywhere in particular. I just asked they expedite my request.

just one question...my case has been completed since august. so i submitted all of my documents and whatnot. since august i've been waiting for an interview date.

should i sent another request? they didn't really confirm or deny my request. or should i wait?

Timeline

In a few days your case will show up as in transit. Then within 2 weeks it will show up as ready and that's when Djibouti will email/call to give you an interview date. Btw your lucky it didn't go to Cairo cause there not letting us get in there for the interview.[/quote

Yea Alhamdulilah. My husband already has an appointment on the 13th to the embassy for notorials and authentication.im hoping they interview him that same day if his case gets there by then.

Timeline

when i sent the expedite request. I had mine and my husband's information on there. It wasn't a generic request at all. The only thing i did was I didn't request to expedite it to anywhere in particular. I just asked they expedite my request.

just one question...my case has been completed since august. so i submitted all of my documents and whatnot. since august i've been waiting for an interview date.

should i sent another request? they didn't really confirm or deny my request. or should i wait?

It could take a few weeks. I'm still getting responses from nvc about expedites I sent weeks ago. Even thou I already got approved and my case is in Cairo.

Timeline

When u sent the expedite was ur case still at the Nvc? And in your expedite email did you tell them that u wanted to expedite to Djibouti

Yea it was still at nvc..and yes i did mention that i wanted it transferred to Djibouti and also sent them a copy of my husbands passport aswell as his Djibouti visa.

Timeline

Would Saudi Arabia let my husband in with me? im a US citizen in Yemen with my son. If we evacuate from the Saudi border will they let him in? Would they let him then travel from Saudi to Djibouti? Please help. There is a ceasefire for 5 days and i have a feeling they are giving us a chance to evacuate because its not going to be pretty. Allah Yester

Would Saudi Arabia let my husband in with me? im a US citizen in Yemen with my son. If we evacuate from the Saudi border will they let him in? Would they let him then travel from Saudi to Djibouti? Please help. There is a ceasefire for 5 days and i have a feeling they are giving us a chance to evacuate because its not going to be pretty. Allah Yester

This is what i recived in an email from YemenEmergencyUSC

Saudi Arabia:

We recommend that U.S citizens contact the U.S. Consulate in Jeddah, the U.S. Embassy in Riyadh, or the U.S. Consulate in Dhahran before travelling to the Yemen-Saudi border crossing at Al-Tuwal or any other port of entry. Travelers should expect checkpoints along the way, and should determine whether conditions are safe enough for them to travel. It may be safer to shelter in place. Travelers can expect long wait times at the border crossings.

Travelers granted entry by Saudi authorities will likely receive a visa valid for 15 days, and will be directed to depart before the visa expires. Non-U.S. citizen family members should not attempt to cross into Saudi Arabia unless they already have a valid Saudi visa, or have a visa valid for travel to another country from Saudi Arabia.‎ Saudi authorities have indicated that non-U.S. citizen family members without visas will not be permitted to enter Saudi Arabia.

Contact Embassy Riyadh

Phone: 966-11-488-3800

Saudi Arabia:

The trip to Al Tuwal may be very dangerous. There will be checkpoints, and travelers have given accounts of extortion, armed robbery, questioning, and detentions. U.S. citizens have reported being singled out for extra attention at some checkpoints, so it may be safer to conceal your citizenship in some situations. It may be safer to wait and find another way to leave Yemen. If you decide to take this route, it is essential that you send the U.S. Consulate General in Jeddah names and passport numbers of any U.S. citizens, or the names and Alien Registration Numbers of any Legal Permanent Residents, who are traveling and when they plan to arrive at the border. There may be delays at the border for visas processing that will take several hours. It is also reported that travelers are required to pay a fee of 100 Saudi Riyals to leave Yemen. Travelers are recommended to obtain a police pass from the Yemen Interior Ministry or tourism police if possible, otherwise they may face difficulties at government checkpoints inside Yemen. Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Jeddah if there is any trouble at the border, and they also ask that you let them know when U.S. citizens safely leave Yemen and provide information about the journey that might be useful to other travelers.

The U.S. Consulate General in Jeddah does not recommend that Yemeni family members travel to Saudi Arabia. The Saudi authorities may allow U.S. citizens to enter, but it is less likely they will give visas to adult Yemenis. If they come to the border and are turned away by Saudi authorities they could be stranded in a very difficult situation. If they are allowed to enter Saudi Arabia, they will not be allowed by the Saudis to stay long enough to complete the immigrant visa process. For these and other reasons, you will need to consider applying in another country.

Travelers granted entry by Saudi authorities will likely receive a visa valid for 15 days, and will be directed to depart before the visa expires. Non-U.S. citizen family members should not attempt to cross into Saudi Arabia unless they already have a valid Saudi visa, or have a visa valid for travel to another country from Saudi Arabia.‎ Saudi authorities have indicated that non-U.S. citizen family members without visas will not be permitted to enter Saudi Arabia.

Timeline

Yea it was still at nvc..and yes i did mention that i wanted it transferred to Djibouti and also sent them a copy of my husbands passport aswell as his Djibouti visa.

How did he get his Djbouti visa and how long did it take? I sent in a expedite email to expedite it to Djibouti but he doesn't have a Djbouti visa and I didn't send his passport ... Do u think they might accept or reject?? I should have included that he will be obtaining a visa when he arrives there.

Timeline

How did he get his Djbouti visa and how long did it take? I sent in a expedite email to expedite it to Djibouti but he doesn't have a Djbouti visa and I didn't send his passport ... Do u think they might accept or reject?? I should have included that he will be obtaining a visa when he arrives there.

He got it within the next day. So when your husband arrives there let him send you a copy of his visa and a copy of his passport and then email nvcexpedite again and include them in your email. And inshallah they will accept.

Timeline

He got it within the next day. So when your husband arrives there let him send you a copy of his visa and a copy of his passport and then email nvcexpedite again and include them in your email. And inshallah they will accept.[/quote

Thanks.. Inshallah we all get through this as quick as possible

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.