H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Mine said ready today. I think they schedule the appointment. I sent them an email to ask them for an appointment. I don't even see an option to schedule an appointment. Today's task is to figure out how long til we get an interview. And how to get to Cairo

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

Mine said ready today. I think they schedule the appointment. I sent them an email to ask them for an appointment. I don't even see an option to schedule an appointment. Today's task is to figure out how long til we get an interview. And how to get to Cairo

Plz let me know what they will tell u

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

Yea they all tell us different things that why I wa suprised when she told me Jordan... Does Jordan need visa to go there

So does they mean they denied the expedite or accept it

I don't what that means and when I called they told me the same thing.

Timeline

I called nvc and they pretty much told me to wait until an interview date is available in Cairo. I sent an expedited request yesterday and I got an email back today stating this. I stated how bad it was gettin in Yemen and the living situation.

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition:------------- filed by----------on behalf of ------------------.

Thank you for your inquiry. The National Visa Center (NVC) is transferring all immigrant visa cases for Yemeni citizens to the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, Egypt until our embassy in Sana'a resumes consular operations.

The NVC will first schedule interviews for cases that had already been sent to the embassy in Sana'a for interviewing, and for cases that are documentarily qualified (meaning all the required documents have been submitted to the NVC) with non-expired documents. We will process these cases in date order. The NVC will contact you by email when it is time for you to begin processing your case.

If you wish to change from Cairo to another U.S. Embassy for processing your immigrant visa application, please email your request to IVYemen@state.gov. Please include the post where you wish to process and the following information:

o Your NVC case number or USCIS receipt number

o The principal applicant's name and date of birth

o The petitioner's name

Send them an expedite to nvcexpedite. Make sure you put your names DOB and case number and tell them your willing to go to any embassy. You can also do the same thing at different embassy's you can go to. They won't give you a good response if you don't give them your info. And don't forget lots and lots of sincere dua In Shaa Allah we all get through this soon

Plz let me know what they will tell u

Will do. Same for you let me know if you get anything

Timeline

How long did u stay until they responded back after sending them the expedite

What's your plan on getting to cairo

Timeline

It varies. Me took 5 days. And I helped a friend expedite his and they literally just accepted it 5mins ago. It took his 8 days.

No plans yet still working on it. Maybe buy a camel and hit the dessert lol jk

Timeline

It varies. Me took 5 days. And I helped a friend expedite his and they literally just accepted it 5mins ago. It took his 8 days.

No plans yet still working on it. Maybe buy a camel and hit the dessert lol jk

5 min!! No way! What did he write !

Timeline

5 mins ago. It took them 8 days to respond[/quote

Ohhh lol they paused the air strikes in yemen to get aid in the country now I am having doubts that they will accept mine

The protection and safety of U.S. citizens is a top priority for the Department of State. The security situation on the ground in Yemen has limited the ability of many foreign governments to provide direct assistance to their citizens remaining in Yemen and all on-the-ground consular services for U.S. citizens in Yemen continue to be suspended. We are monitoring the situation closely, and are providing regular updates to the U.S. citizen community in Yemen including up-to-date information about opportunities to depart Yemen.

We are working with U.S. embassies and consulates around the world to assist U.S. citizens and their family members who are leaving Yemen.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service has granted exceptional authority for consular officers worldwide to accept clearly approvable immigrant visa (IV) petitions for spouses, children, and parents of U.S. citizens who have left Yemen and for whom petitions have not yet been filed.

Cairo and Algiers have been designated as processing posts for Yemeni immigrant visa applicants. Yemeni IV applicants can also request that IV cases be transferred to any IV processing post, and those requests will be granted as resources allow.

The Department has increased consular staffing at some overseas posts to assist U.S. citizens and adjudicate immigrant visa cases for family members as quickly as possible.

Many U.S. citizens have arrived in Djibouti with their non-U.S. citizen family members. As of April 28, the U.S. Embassy in Djibouti had assisted more than 500 U.S. citizens arriving from Yemen, plus their family members. The State Department has sent in staff from other embassies in the region and from the United States to assist, and will send additional support as needed.

The U.S. Government is continually disseminating information about evacuation opportunities to U.S. citizens in Yemen who have contacted us or who were enrolled in our Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), as well as posting the information on the Embassy Sanaa website and Facebook page, and the Yemen Crisis page on travel.state.gov.

Edited by 12twoone

Timeline

I sent NVC An expedite request they accepted the request to Cairo Alhamdulliah. My question is what if i transfer the case to Djibouti is the expedite still valid? And if its still valid how do i transfer the case to Djibouti?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.