H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I didn't request an expedite.. the nvc did it themselves.. Alhamdulilah..

I was told for case transfer, my husband would have to be a resident or reside there for a month or so, was this true in your case?

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

Hello,

I've called NVC multiple times and every time I ask about what I can do they tell me to wait until there's an interview available. I just sent an expedite request for my husband. I pretty much talked about how bad the situation is currently is in Yemen. IA I hear something good soon. IA we all hear something good.

Timeline

Just so everyone knows. Most of the info Immigration lawyers give aren't always correct. Sometimes they even pro long the process. There goal is to get you to feel helpless enough to hire them. That being said. Because of the situation in Yemen nvc everyone one is eligible to expedite there case. The lengthy of time someone has to stay in a certain country isn't because there's a mandatory stay period. It's because they there trying to squeeze you in sometimes it might take a month or two. So feel free to expedite your case to any country, but most likely the country that usually accepts is Cairo. That's because it's Yemens default embassy. Keep inmind at this time Egypt isn't issuing visas to enter so plan accordingly. Send a request to NVCexpedite and tell them where you want to process your case at. Country's other than Egypt is vary hard to get. Wish you guys best of luck In Shaa Allah the journey will end soon.

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

I sent my expedite request and called Nvc to ask how long will it take and I told them that I sent them an email to expedite it to Djibouti and they said the expedite for cases in yemen are being sent to Jordan for expedite since I am requesting an expedite.. Is that true ? Does anyone know

Timeline

I sent my expedite request and called Nvc to ask how long will it take and I told them that I sent them an email to expedite it to Djibouti and they said the expedite for cases in yemen are being sent to Jordan for expedite since I am requesting an expedite.. Is that true ? Does anyone know

I havent heard anything about Jordan..thats the thing with calling NVC each representative tells you something different.

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

I called nvc and they pretty much told me to wait until an interview date is available in Cairo. I sent an expedited request yesterday and I got an email back today stating this. I stated how bad it was gettin in Yemen and the living situation.

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition:------------- filed by----------on behalf of ------------------.

Thank you for your inquiry. The National Visa Center (NVC) is transferring all immigrant visa cases for Yemeni citizens to the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, Egypt until our embassy in Sana'a resumes consular operations.

The NVC will first schedule interviews for cases that had already been sent to the embassy in Sana'a for interviewing, and for cases that are documentarily qualified (meaning all the required documents have been submitted to the NVC) with non-expired documents. We will process these cases in date order. The NVC will contact you by email when it is time for you to begin processing your case.

If you wish to change from Cairo to another U.S. Embassy for processing your immigrant visa application, please email your request to IVYemen@state.gov. Please include the post where you wish to process and the following information:

o Your NVC case number or USCIS receipt number

o The principal applicant's name and date of birth

o The petitioner's name

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

I havent heard anything about Jordan..thats the thing with calling NVC each representative tells you something different.

Yea they all tell us different things that why I wa suprised when she told me Jordan... Does Jordan need visa to go there

I called nvc and they pretty much told me to wait until an interview date is available in Cairo. I sent an expedited request yesterday and I got an email back today stating this. I stated how bad it was gettin in Yemen and the living situation.

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition:------------- filed by----------on behalf of ------------------.

Thank you for your inquiry. The National Visa Center (NVC) is transferring all immigrant visa cases for Yemeni citizens to the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, Egypt until our embassy in Sana'a resumes consular operations.

The NVC will first schedule interviews for cases that had already been sent to the embassy in Sana'a for interviewing, and for cases that are documentarily qualified (meaning all the required documents have been submitted to the NVC) with non-expired documents. We will process these cases in date order. The NVC will contact you by email when it is time for you to begin processing your case.

If you wish to change from Cairo to another U.S. Embassy for processing your immigrant visa application, please email your request to IVYemen@state.gov. Please include the post where you wish to process and the following information:

o Your NVC case number or USCIS receipt number

o The principal applicant's name and date of birth

o The petitioner's name

So does they mean they denied the expedite or accept it

Timeline

I have heard many people claiming that when they traveled to Djibouti that they received their visas pretty quickly. Is that true? Would it process faster in Djibouti and if so does he have to be a resident?

Timeline

I have heard many people claiming that when they traveled to Djibouti that they received their visas pretty quickly. Is that true? Would it process faster in Djibouti and if so does he have to be a resident?

The first ones who arrived in Djibouti received visas fairly quicky but now there is a lot of people there. Still, it would be quicker than waiting for an interview some where else. The applicant must be in Djibouti.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.