H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Really when did you contact them and what email address did you use, they told me that only people with foreign passports are able to board. Is your relative travelling alone or are they travelling with someone with a foreign passport?

This is the resource that I used

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/YemenCrisis.html

I contacted them last month about my relative (us citizen) and her husband (yemeni) They said that they need their passport numbers and other basic information.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I contacted them last month about my relative (us citizen) and her husband (yemeni) They said that they need their passport numbers and other basic information.

So how did it go were they evacuated, how long did it take? What email did you send the request to?

So how did it go were they evacuated, how long did it take? What email did you send the request to?

They have not evacuated because she is in aden and she does not want to leave becaus the roads are not safe. She has a kid with her and does not want him exposed to danger. I told them that she is a us citizen and she has a kid, but her husband is not. I think i used YemenEvacuationRequests@iom.int

Timeline

They have not evacuated because she is in aden and she does not want to leave becaus the roads are not safe. She has a kid with her and does not want him exposed to danger. I told them that she is a us citizen and she has a kid, but her husband is not. I think i used YemenEvacuationRequests@iom.int

Thank you so much for the info. Insha allah they make it out of Yemen safely and insha allah things get better in Yemen.

Edited by zero_o

Thank you. Keep us updated if you can.

Is it possible that yout fiance can get us a phone number to contact??? I am not sure if this is possible, but it will help.

I have an update for you. He spent three days at the Dakka port in Bureqa and finally boarded a ship around 11:30pm (central standard time) en route to Djibouti. He's been at sea for about 7.5 hours. Not sure how much longer, to be honest. The price is according to what the captain of the ship wants. He heard some captains don't want anything. This captain wanted $100 per person.

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

Still no way to exit Yemen, now the situation is even worse. I contacted IOM evacuations, they won't even process my wife because she only has a Yemeni

passport. How does everyone exit the country I know some people leave but no one says how they did it.

My husband was supposed to leave today to saudi by car but things changed n now he will leave wensday

Ill let yoy know how that will go

What was the last step you did?

Has your petition been approved ?

Is it at nvc?

Have you paid the aos fee? $120

What kind of petition is it ?

I called the nvc and they told me my case has been expedited to the embassy overseas. Its for a spouse visa. The c1 something. I paI'd the aos and the IV fee and completed the ds260.. but I haven't turned in the aos or the IV packets ... when I asked if I'm supposed to mail them to the nvc they said to tell my husband take the originals with him to the interview.. the nvc doesn't need them... Alhamdulilah.. I'm just waiting for the tax papers from my joint sponsor... then in shaa allah an interview soon.

Timeline

I called the nvc and they told me my case has been expedited to the embassy overseas. Its for a spouse visa. The c1 something. I paI'd the aos and the IV fee and completed the ds260.. but I haven't turned in the aos or the IV packets ... when I asked if I'm supposed to mail them to the nvc they said to tell my husband take the originals with him to the interview.. the nvc doesn't need them... Alhamdulilah.. I'm just waiting for the tax papers from my joint sponsor... then in shaa allah an interview soon.

Wow alhamdulilah that's great. I'm in the same boat. Which embassy is it going to ?

Wow alhamdulilah that's great. I'm in the same boat. Which embassy is it going to ?

Djibouti... they sent me packet 3...it says to complete the ds260.. collect the documents (the IV dox and aos).. take the visa fee $325.. and as soon as everything is ready to schedule an appointment... doesn't it take 60 days for the ds260 to be processed?

Timeline

Djibouti... they sent me packet 3...it says to complete the ds260.. collect the documents (the IV dox and aos).. take the visa fee $325.. and as soon as everything is ready to schedule an appointment... doesn't it take 60 days for the ds260 to be processed?

No 60 days for the IV and AOS. But in your case they let you skip that part. I assume you just complete ds260 and print it and take it with you as well. Again wow I remember when you first started your petition and here you are almost done ahead of us. Another example of how being proactive pays off. I would email them and ask them can I complete and being the ds260 with you.

No 60 days for the IV and AOS. But in your case they let you skip that part. I assume you just complete ds260 and print it and take it with you as well. Again wow I remember when you first started your petition and here you are almost done ahead of us. Another example of how being proactive pays off. I would email them and ask them can I complete and being the ds260 with you.

Lol. When I started I was freaking out to tell you the truth. But Alhamdulilah.. everything worked out up until this point. I don't want to get too happy in case something happens.

Timeline

Lol. When I started I was freaking out to tell you the truth. But Alhamdulilah.. everything worked out up until this point. I don't want to get too happy in case something happens.

Don't worry make lots of dua. Wallah of only you know how luck I got with my case and it's all cause of lots of dua and prayer from and and my wife. They completed my case over the phone. Just take it one step at a time you'll get through this soon. In Shaa Allah

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

Did u first transfer your case to be processed to Djibouti instead of Egypt? And then did u expedite it after it was transferred there ?

Don't worry make lots of dua. Wallah of only you know how luck I got with my case and it's all cause of lots of dua and prayer from and and my wife. They completed my case over the phone. Just take it one step at a time you'll get through this soon. In Shaa Allah

How did u complete your case on the phone that's so nice and fast mashallah

Timeline

Did u first transfer your case to be processed to Djibouti instead of Egypt? And then did u expedite it after it was transferred there ?

How did u complete your case on the phone that's so nice and fast mashallah

I insisted on speaking with a supervisor. She put me on hold I made sujood and asked all to help me. Wallah the supervisor said " sir you have to wait til we review your documents" I then I told her of my situation and I tried to make her have a little empathy. She then told me let me call you back. I made duhur Salah. As soon as I was done she called me back and said sir your case is now complete. Crazy I know. Never under estimate the power of dua

I insisted on speaking with a supervisor. She put me on hold I made sujood and asked all to help me. Wallah the supervisor said " sir you have to wait til we review your documents" I then I told her of my situation and I tried to make her have a little empathy. She then told me let me call you back. I made duhur Salah. As soon as I was done she called me back and said sir your case is now complete. Crazy I know. Never under estimate the power of dua

Mashallah. congratulations. That is a very powerful story.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.