H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I just filed my i/130 application for my spouse. Do you think that it would be better if I file a k/3 visa because of the situation going on in Yemen. I dont think it is safe traveling to Yemen. I dont want to be spearted from my spouse for a long time, but i keep hearing that the k/3 visa is usless for Yemenis because it take the same length both ways.

They take the same amount of time. My k3 was approved a few days after the i130. If you have the means to file both, you can go ahead and do that if you want to try your luck. But honestly it makes no difference.

What's a k3 visa

The K-3 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen spouse of a United States (U.S.) citizen. This visa category is intended to shorten the physical separation between the foreign-citizen and U.S. citizen spouses by having the option to obtain a nonimmigrant K-3 visa overseas and enter the United States to await approval of the immigrant visa petition. K-3 visa recipients subsequently apply to adjust status to a permanent resident (LPR) with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) upon approval of the petition. Because the spouse of a U.S. citizen applying for a nonimmigrant K-3 visa must have a immigrant visa petition filed on his or her behalf by his or her U.S. citizen spouse and pending approval, a K-3 applicant must meet some of the requirements of an immigrant visa. It should be noted that under U.S. immigration law, a foreign citizen who marries a U.S. citizen outside the U.S. must apply for the K-3 visa in the country where the marriage took place.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family/spouse-citizen.html

So when you apply the k3 visa, then they can come in America and continue it here? Rather than just wait? Ιme confused but that sound really good

Yes they can, but you have to file first the i/130. as soon as you get the notice of action letter which takes 30 days after filing the 1/30, you can file for a k/3 visa. If the i/130 reaches the nvc first then the k/3 is not void anymore.

So when you apply the k3 visa, then they can come in America and continue it here? Rather than just wait? Ιme confused but that sound really good

Yes they can, but you have to file first the i/130. as soon as you get the notice of action letter which takes 30 days after filing the 1/30, you can file for a k/3 visa. If the i/130 reaches the nvc first then the k/3 is not void anymore.

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

That's sounds really good... I wish I knew before my case went to nvc... Then they would have to go to any embassy until they come in..

That's sounds really good... I wish I knew before my case went to nvc... Then they would have to go to any embassy until they come in..

Yes i know, but they say that it takes the same amount for yemenis, but i will file and try my luck.

Edited by Superwomen82

Timeline

Yes i know, but they say that it takes the same amount for yemenis, but i will file and try my luck.

Inshallah It will work better and faster... You never know...let us know how it goes

That's what I heard and ready too.. that it takes the Same amount of time as the immigration visa one the i30. This is what's written in the American embassy in sanaa's webpage.

The Embassy is unable to schedule any Diversity Visa cases at this time. The Embassy will notify KCC when Diversity Visa appointments are available.

http://yemen.usembassy.gov/mobile/immigrant_visas.html

That's what I heard and ready too.. that it takes the Same amount of time as the immigration visa one the i30. This is what's written in the American embassy in sanaa's webpage.

The Embassy is unable to schedule any Diversity Visa cases at this time. The Embassy will notify KCC when Diversity Visa appointments are available.

http://yemen.usembassy.gov/mobile/immigrant_visas.html

Is it possible to transfer the case to another country since the embassy is closed?

Timeline

Is it possible to transfer the case to another country since the embassy is closed?

I don't think so because every embassy is closed now in yemen unless the person you applying for can travel somewhere else already

Timeline

IF every one send massege to Foreign Ministry American.

and solve our porblem. I think will help us.

WE have over 80 suport. But we need more.

to every one.IS not Necessary to sign the correct name . I THINK. Any name will be fine

https://www.change.org/p/u-s-embassy-in-yemen-u-s-department-of-state-we-urge-the-u-s-to-change-the-embassy-to-a-safer-environment-like-a-neighboring-country-djibouti-jordan-etc-for-years-we-have-dealt-with-cancelled-appointments-and-delays-from-reuniting-with-our-loved-ones?just_created=true

Timeline

IF every one send massege to Foreign Ministry American.

and solve our porblem. I think will help us.

WE have over 80 suport. But we need more.

to every one.IS not Necessary to sign the correct name . I THINK. Any name will be fine

https://www.change.org/p/u-s-embassy-in-yemen-u-s-department-of-state-we-urge-the-u-s-to-change-the-embassy-to-a-safer-environment-like-a-neighboring-country-djibouti-jordan-etc-for-years-we-have-dealt-with-cancelled-appointments-and-delays-from-reuniting-with-our-loved-ones?just_created=true

All the embassies In yemen are already closed... How are our spouse be able to go to Jordan or some place else??

This is what I recieved back

The embassy has closed and all personnel have departed Yemen. We are unable to process any visas in Yemen at this time. The Department of State is exploring alternative solutions and we anticipated designating alternate embassies to process cases on Yemens behalf. At present, no such decision has been made. Electronic files need to be transferred, the embassy has to have adequate capacity to accept additional workload, and it needs to be in a country to which Yemeni nationals can obtain visas. Once those sorts of decisions are resolved, we will post the information to our website.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.