H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

This is what I got back from embassy

I understand your desire to have your wife join you in the United States. However, the Consular Section in Sanaa is currently operating with extremely limited staffing. Your wifes case is still with the National Visa Center and we are not accepting new cases from NVC until our staffing improves. Therefore, I cannot give you a timeline for when your wifes case will be transferred to Yemen and scheduled for an interview. It will not be in the near future.

It will not be in the near future?? so pretty much there saying it can take years. Wow This is the only embassy thats like this. They should give us an option to go to a different embassy

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

WE need to find soluation for embassy.

WE need to be one hand.

FIRST step. SEARCH the emails for Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the American offices and employees

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

Does anyone know if you can move your petition to Jordan if it's still in Nvc and has anybody done that? Whats the requirement ? Thanks

You can ask them but if you are you might want to ask them before they complete your case so after they are done they know where to transfer it to. I wonder if they would agree

Filed: IR-2 Country: Yemen
Timeline

If you transfer your case to any country you should have your family live in that country for 6 month , then ask the NVC that , they will ask for evedance like passport , address to send it to the nvc

Timeline

Do you know if anyone had done this before? Does she have to be there for 6 months before the interview ? It would be great if somone that has done this to share there experience. It's hard enough having people fill out there timeline on here. Every piece of info helps answer question. Were all in this together In Shaa Allah everyone is united with there loves ones soon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

This is the letter they said no to from my lawyer:

Sirs: We represent a U.S. citizen whose K-1 visa petition for her Yemeni fiancé has been approved by USCIS. We note that the U.S. Embassy in Sana'a remains closed with no indication of when it may reopen. Our client asked if her fiancé could attend a visa appointment for his K-1 visa in Amman. The couple intend to meet in Amman in December 2013. While realizing that it is unlikely that an appointment could be available so soon, I write to ascertain whether the Embassy might consider taking this case for future processing.

I have attached a scan of the K-1 approval notice for your reference, and greatly appreciate your consideration.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Qatar's response Dec. 2013:

Dear Sir/Madam:

We cannot accept this case in Doha for the following reasons:

1- We only process cases for residents of Qatar, if this visa applicant is resident of Qatar please provide us copy of his resident permit and we accept his case in Qatar.

2- The U.S. Embassy Sanaa is closed for temporary time but eventually it will open soon for public.

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

U.S.Embassy-Doha, Qatar

ivconsulardoha@state.gov

Oman's Response :

Public Response: Dear Ms. Fabian,

Thank you for your inquiry. We can only process cases for applicants who have resident visa in Oman and has been living here for at least a year.

Sincerely,

Consular Section,

U.S. Embassy - Muscat

Timeline

My lawyer asked the consulate in Amman. They said no, because they were too overloaded with Syria cases because Jordan is now the de facto embassy for Syrians.

Thanks for the shahara. We as a group have to find a solution I know there's got to be hundreds if not thousands of people feeling helpless. We have to figure out who we could complain to and stay persistent until they help us. Even if takes a long time at least this will help others in the future.

Timeline

Qatar's response Dec. 2013:

Dear Sir/Madam:

We cannot accept this case in Doha for the following reasons:

1- We only process cases for residents of Qatar, if this visa applicant is resident of Qatar please provide us copy of his resident permit and we accept his case in Qatar.

2- The U.S. Embassy Sanaa is closed for temporary time but eventually it will open soon for public.

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

U.S.Embassy-Doha, Qatar

ivconsulardoha@state.gov

Oman's Response :

Public Response: Dear Ms. Fabian,

Thank you for your inquiry. We can only process cases for applicants who have resident visa in Oman and has been living here for at least a year.

Sincerely,

Consular Section,

U.S. Embassy - Muscat

Did your lawyer also tried Egypt?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.