H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

my husband and children's first interview was may 19 2013 they were put on Administrative processing. We were told after the interview that we would get a call to submit their passports within 90 days. It's been 14 months since their interview and finally we get the call. Alhamdillah, insha'allah this time they will give them their visas.

Omg thats crazy well inshallah they get their visas this time its a well deserved wait! Inshallah in this holy month we all get good news!

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

Hello everyone im new here, I just made an account yesterday. I just figure out how to post this. Can someone tell me how many months do I have to wait until I get a interview date for my husband in yemen. My case just got completed and was sent to yemen like a week ago? What's the average time to wait?? Plz reply

Timeline

Hello everyone im new here, I just made an account yesterday. I just figure out how to post this. Can someone tell me how many months do I have to wait until I get a interview date for my husband in yemen. My case just got completed and was sent to yemen like a week ago? What's the average time to wait?? Plz reply

Hi Missyemen, nobody really knows how long the embassy will take to schedule an appointment for an individual case as it varies greatly. It could take as little as 6 months our as long as 1 year or more depending on a lot of factors like whether you're husband is put on Administrative Processing.

My brother's case for his wife was completed in January 2014, it's now July so is been 7 months and no interview appointment scheduled.

I pray for all of those waiting for their family to come to the US, the Embassy in Yemen is very very slow, but Allah grant everyone patience.

Aladdin

Edited by AladdinS

Timeline

OMG thats too long! Do u know if they're working on new cases this month or are they still working on old cases? This is so stressful.. Thanks for the quick reply though!

Timeline

Does anyone know if us Sanaa embassy are working in new cases or still at old cases first?

I think it's still old cases. I've been waiting since November. There's people that have been waiting longer than me that still haven't heard anything.

*USCIS:

01-11-13: I-130 sent

01-15-13: I-130 accepted/ receipt # assigned

01-22-13: NOA1 hard copy

05-20-13: I-130 interview assigned

07-18-13: I-130 interview

07-22-13: I-130 approved

07-27-13: NOA2 hard copy

*NVC:

07-30-13: NVC receives case / Case # assigned

08-04-13: DS-261 submitted

08-05-13: AOS fee invoiced / paid

08-26-13: IV fee invoiced /paid

09-05-13: DS-260 completed / IV Package emailed

09-09-13: AOS Package emailed

09-16-13 IV package received email generated

09-17-13 AOS package received email generated

09-30-13: AOS checklist email/ AOS checklist response email sent

10-04-13: NVC receives AOS checklist email

10-24-13: AOS checklist #2 email/ AOS checklist #2 response email sent

11-01-13 NVC receives AOS checklist email

11-29-13: Case Complete

12-06-13: Case Complete email

Timeline

What was the most recent case that has gotten an appointment scheduled? For example, my wife's case was completed at the NVC on September 3rd 2013, and my wife got an appointment in November 2013 (very quick, I know but our case was an exception because it was expedited due to medical emergency/high risk twin pregnancy).

Who has gotten case complete later than September 3rd and has received a visa appointment? I just want to know so people have an idea of how long on average appointments take to be scheduled at the Embassy in Sana'a.

Can you guys post your NVC case complete date and date of visa Interview appointment if you've gotten an appointment date yet, if not just post your NVC Case Complete Date.

Thanks!

Edited by AladdinS

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

NVC Case Complete- January 2014

Good news is I have a CRBA appointment for my daughter next month. Anybody have any advice for me? Like how much are the fees all together?

Edited by AbuAmina

Timeline

Good news is I have a CRBA appointment for my daughter next month. Anybody have any advice for me? Like how much are the fees all together?

congratulations! The fee for a CRBA is 205 all together, cash only no checks or foreign currency. just make sure you have all your documents that are required.

I did a CRBA for my twin boys back in October. I didn't get their passports until January.

That fee is for CRBA and first Passport.

Edited by AladdinS

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

I thought it was $210 but thanks for letting me know...I know there are 3 forms that have to be filled out and I got all my passports and my US birth certificate and my high school transcript

Timeline

What was the most recent case that has gotten an appointment scheduled? For example, my wife's case was completed at the NVC on September 3rd 2013, and my wife got an appointment in November 2013 (very quick, I know but our case was an exception because it was expedited due to medical emergency/high risk twin pregnancy).

Who has gotten case complete later than September 3rd and has received a visa appointment? I just want to know so people have an idea of how long on average appointments take to be scheduled at the Embassy in Sana'a.

Can you guys post your NVC case complete date and date of visa Interview appointment if you've gotten an appointment date yet, if not just post your NVC Case Complete Date.

Thanks!

We haven't hear of any of the new cases (from around September 2013) getting an interview appointment. It looks like the US embassy hasn't been accepting new cases throughout since January 2014.

My case complete was November 2013

Congratulations

Edited by Sleepless_36

*USCIS:

01-11-13: I-130 sent

01-15-13: I-130 accepted/ receipt # assigned

01-22-13: NOA1 hard copy

05-20-13: I-130 interview assigned

07-18-13: I-130 interview

07-22-13: I-130 approved

07-27-13: NOA2 hard copy

*NVC:

07-30-13: NVC receives case / Case # assigned

08-04-13: DS-261 submitted

08-05-13: AOS fee invoiced / paid

08-26-13: IV fee invoiced /paid

09-05-13: DS-260 completed / IV Package emailed

09-09-13: AOS Package emailed

09-16-13 IV package received email generated

09-17-13 AOS package received email generated

09-30-13: AOS checklist email/ AOS checklist response email sent

10-04-13: NVC receives AOS checklist email

10-24-13: AOS checklist #2 email/ AOS checklist #2 response email sent

11-01-13 NVC receives AOS checklist email

11-29-13: Case Complete

12-06-13: Case Complete email

Timeline

I think it's still old cases. I've been waiting since November. There's people that have been waiting longer than me that still haven't heard anything.

Oh wow inshallah u hear from them soon and everyone that has been waiting for a long time. Mine was just completed a week ago so I have a long way to wait.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.