H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

They don't take your passport if you are placed on AP, after AP is finished, they call you to bring in the passport. Why would you be denied if they verbally told you everything in your folder is fine? I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Well in my case they took my husbands passport and when I email the embassy they say this :

Thank you for your email. We will contact your husband as soon as his visa is ready to be picked up.

Best,

Sanaa IV Unit

And when I call dos hotline they say he is on AP... So I really don't know. But yeah I have been wating 5 years and my son has never meet his father!!! They just kept hitting us with missing documents and rejecting sponsors and finally file is complete and they have his passport but no visa still!!! So I'm just praying he will get that call to go and pick up his visa!!! Inshallah soon!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

My Visajourny thanks for postin the website ceac.state.gov

but when I fill my case number ut says:

Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) for the next step in the processing of your visa petition. If you have misplaced the instructions sent to you by the NVC or did not receive them, please contact us at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html for additional information.

any one knows what does that mean ??

my case already completed why dont they say waiting for interview schedualing??

Timeline

sandra if u have case complete then dont worry they might have not yet updated it correctly.they will update it when u get the interview appointment. i dont know what my cases status used to be before our interview because i just read about this website and i checked it after our interview date and it was updated by the interviewing officer who interviewed us i guess and it said administrative processing.. keep checking this website and if u think its takin more then usual then make a call or send an email to nvcelectronics

Timeline

Well in my case they took my husbands passport and when I email the embassy they say this :

Thank you for your email. We will contact your husband as soon as his visa is ready to be picked up.

Best,

Sanaa IV Unit

And when I call dos hotline they say he is on AP... So I really don't know. But yeah I have been wating 5 years and my son has never meet his father!!! They just kept hitting us with missing documents and rejecting sponsors and finally file is complete and they have his passport but no visa still!!! So I'm just praying he will get that call to go and pick up his visa!!! Inshallah soon!!!!

Yes, thats where I come in and say I went through the exact same thing with our K3 process. Except, it resulted with AP, they called himback in three months to bring in passport and then NOTHING! We made inquires so they gave us the passport back with nothing, then three years after, I couldnt take it any more and continued the IR-1 for him. But alhamdilah things have changed in the passed years. Maybe they needed to put your husband in what they call mandatory AP like the rest and then they will give you that amazing call to pick up visa. Inshallah!!

Edited by H&A&N

Timeline

My Visajourny thanks for postin the website ceac.state.gov

but when I fill my case number ut says:

Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) for the next step in the processing of your visa petition. If you have misplaced the instructions sent to you by the NVC or did not receive them, please contact us at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html for additional information.

any one knows what does that mean ??

my case already completed why dont they say waiting for interview schedualing??

I wouldn't worry too much about why hasnt the status changed. Your case IS complete and you will be notified when the embassy has a slot for you for an appointment. Just because it doesnt show in the case status page, it doesn't mean your case is not complete. Just keep in mind that there's still a long waiting time.

Timeline

h&a&n are u still on the process or are u all done .. how long did it take to get ur husbands visa and does he have it already ..

We also had a long journey, we started April 2009 with I-130 & filed the K3 a few months later, thinking it would be quicker, April 2010 interview went well but put in AP, then nothing after that. Made lots of senator inquries. Basically once you are in AP, there's no one that can help until it is over. Three years in AP, I had enough! So i continued the IR-1, gave him an appt in Feb 2013, ended with AP, gave him a call in May to come in June & turn in passport. I don't know why, but I've noticed that the embassy of Sanaa doesnt like to deal with K3's & K1's. Even though the K3 is no longer relevant. I just wish I can go back in time and just continued the IR-1 a long time ago. For those that are considering K1's, my opinion is to just get married and apply for the CR-1.

Anywho, we are waiting on June 15th!! ClockWatch2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
For those that are considering K1's, my opinion is to just get married and apply for the CR-1.

Some of us considered that but decided it was better to get married in the company of friends and relatives who are supportive, rather than totally alone in either Yemen or some other country the Yemeni could get into. My Yemeni in-laws-to-be aren't nice folks and the less of their judgemental stares I see, the better. I get the sense most of you are of Yemeni background. It's easy to get a judge to approve your marriage over there. If you're not Yemeni and not a Muslim, you have to come up with quite a sizeable bribe these days. We're going to be waiting the same length of time most likely (AP), so it's easier and more comforting to get married in the US. That and it would be an actual happy occasion for my family who are eager to be reunited with my fiance, as they haven't seen him in over 3 years. Our cat for sure doesn't remember him anymore.

A month ago I got my passport back in the mail from the Yemen Embassy in DC with no visa in it. They won't even let me visit my fiance anymore because they don't want to be responsible for my safety. I was hoping to see him before I have major surgery next week. But now I can't go visit him and he can't get enough vacation days to travel abroad to see me. There's a sizeable chance the procedure could leave me totally infertile. I'm in my twenties. I really, really wish I had my fiance here for support.

I'm not clear on your timeline, if you rescinded the CR-1 application and pursued the IR-1 or if your CR-1 timed out because of how long you'd been married so it switched to IR-1, but I disagree the Embassy doesn't like to deal with certain applications over others. I think they've made it clear they don't like to be bothered by any visa applications. At all. Or consular services of any kind. It must be that the State Department Consular Officer Corps draws straws and the ones with the shortest straws end up in Yemen [perhaps Afghanistan too]. From my [and friends'] minimal interactions with them it's clear they are thinking "FML" all day every day. I don't blame them, though. I'd probably be thinking the same in their position. The point is, the length of time you're in AP doesn't have much to do with the application type you filed. It has to do with the particulars of your case, i.e: your evidence, the time frame the Embassy is working on, and the background check.

Edit: Dang - I derailed this thread pretty bad. Guess I needed to vent. Nothing seems to be going my way these days. God willing I'll make it through this. June 15th is around the corner! You've waited a long time and may God bless the rest of your journey. rose.gif Wishing the best of luck to those with interviews this month!

Edited by Sarah and Adnan

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

So I was doing some research on the internet tonight and went back to look at the Sanaa embassy website. http://yemen.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html

In one part there is the statement "We are currently scheduling the following categories - immediate relatives of American Citizens (IRs), beginning with applicants whose April appointments were cancelled. If your visa interview appointment was cancelled, you will be notified when the appointment is rescheduled. We are also beginning to review cases that have been in administrative processing and will notify you when we have reviewed your case. We appreciate your continued patience as we work to clear the backlog of cases."

Wasn't the embassy closed for a period of time last year (when the attack in Libya happened)? Actually, didn't they have an attempted attack in Sanaa? Maybe the reason for such long wait times is because of this. However, it looks like they are working to clear the backlog. This could also be the reason some of you have been in AP for such a long time.

Timeline

Sarah & Adnan, I'm sorry about what you are going through and I'm not here to tell you what you should and shouldn't do. I'm just giving my own personally opinion. However, I do stand high against my opinion regarding the embassy approving CR-1's & IR-1's more over K1 visas. They just don't understand the fiancé relationship & wanting to get married in America. Why? Who knows. The embassy of Sanaa needs major help with everything that's going on in there. But who knows, you might be lucky and everything goes well. Again I'm just speaking from what I've seen & heard with fellow family and friends. I don't want to doubt anyone on their journey and deep down I wouldn't even wish AP on my worst enemy.

Neferure, that's an old post when the embassy was closed the beginning of 2011. They never removed it. Meaning they were talking about April 2011 appts that were canceled & were calling people back to reschedule. That doesn't have anything to do with 2013.

Timeline

i guess the reason for the backlog in yemen is because there are soo many people who are filing more then other countries every yemeni is applying either for their mom sister wife dad son daughter and not all will get a visa whenever they want because there is a limit to how many visa are given each year to immigrants or non immigrant visa and for vistors. so maybe its not there fault .so much papers and work and files and all the documents and they dont have many workers in the yemeni embassey .

or maybe we are just given them excuses and they just dont want to to do it. who knows lol

Timeline

I wouldn't worry too much about why hasnt the status changed. Your case IS complete and you will be notified when the embassy has a slot for you for an appointment. Just because it doesnt show in the case status page, it doesn't mean your case is not complete. Just keep in mind that there's still a long waiting time.

Do u think that it may take more than 3 monthes ..

I cant handle that any more .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.