dramaqueen81

N-400 January 2013 Filers

1,095 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have a questtion.

I know this is not the thread for March filers but I figured someone in this thread could answer this.

My application online just changed and it now states that I have been scheduled for an interview and should be receiving the notice in the mail within 30 days. How long did you guys have to wait from the time your status changed to the time you received the letter?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

I know this is not the thread for March filers but I figured someone in this thread could answer this.

My application online just changed and it now states that I have been scheduled for an interview and should be receiving the notice in the mail within 30 days. How long did you guys have to wait from the time your status changed to the time you received the letter?

Hi Triniiphone! My status was changed from in-line to scheduled for interview on March 26 and I received my notice in the mail yesterday (April 1). Hope this helps! Good luck!

Hi Triniiphone! My status was changed from in-line to scheduled for interview on March 26 and I received my notice in the mail yesterday (April 1). Hope this helps! Good luck!

oh ok not that long.

Thanks and good luck

Hi triniiphone my status changed on march 18 and I recieved my interview letter march 22 in nj

ok thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi FlipgalRN, :wow: Congratulations :dance: My interview in next 10 days B-)

How did your interview go? Hoping all went well!smile.gif

Our Naturalization Journey (Detailed timeline in About Me section)

01/14/2013 Mailed N-400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox
01/18/2013 N-400 fees check cashed
01/18/2013 NOA Received (Biometrics appointment)
02/04/2013 Early Biometrics (Original date 02/14/2013)
02/07/2013 Status changed to in line for interview
02/13/2013 Received 2nd NOA (Interview scheduled)
02/15/2013 Received yellow letter from USCIS to bring DL
03/18/2013 N-400 Interview

03/20/2013 Status changed to in que for Oath ceremony
03/29/2013 Status changed to Oath ceremony scheduled and letter sent

04/01/2013 Received Oath Letter
04/09/2013 Oath Ceremony (N-400 completed in 2 months 3 weeks and 5 days)

event.png

Hi Triniiphone: The answer to your question depends very much on your local office. I see that yours is in New York City, just like mine. My online status changed on February 28th and I haven't received anything in the past 5 weeks. Processing times in NY and other large cities (like LA) are usually longer than in smaller ones (like i.e. Palm Beach: there is someone in this forum whose timeline is shorter than 3 months from application to oath). However, an applicant from Brooklyn in this forum filed in January as well and has his/her interview in a week from now. That said, processing times are longer than the national average in NYC but there are certainly exceptions to the rule. There is a price one has to pay for living in the greatest City of the World!:P

Hi Triniiphone: The answer to your question depends very much on your local office. I see that yours is in New York City, just like mine. My online status changed on February 28th and I haven't received anything in the past 5 weeks. Processing times in NY and other large cities (like LA) are usually longer than in smaller ones (like i.e. Palm Beach: there is someone in this forum whose timeline is shorter than 3 months from application to oath). However, an applicant from Brooklyn in this forum filed in January as well and has his/her interview in a week from now. That said, processing times are longer than the national average in NYC but there are certainly exceptions to the rule. There is a price one has to pay for living in the greatest City of the World!:P

I actually think my is moving rather fast.

I sent in my app march 1st and Im already scheduled for an interview

"I actually think my is moving rather fast. I sent in my app march 1st and Im already scheduled for an interview"

I'm just curious here: Did your online status really say that you should receive the letter within 30 DAYS? As I mentioned to you before, we have the same field office and my update says that I should expect the letter within 90 DAYS. That is really interesting. Either the timeline depends on each application individually or New York sped up quiet a bit since January. Please keep me posted. GOOD LUCK!

"I actually think my is moving rather fast. I sent in my app march 1st and Im already scheduled for an interview"

I'm just curious here: Did your online status really say that you should receive the letter within 30 DAYS? As I mentioned to you before, we have the same field office and my update says that I should expect the letter within 90 DAYS. That is really interesting. Either the timeline depends on each application individually or New York sped up quiet a bit since January. Please keep me posted. GOOD LUCK!

this is what my status says

"On April 2, 2013, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview. You will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date the notice is mailed, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address"

this is what my status says

"On April 2, 2013, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview. You will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date the notice is mailed, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address"

Thanks for checking. Interesting, mine was updated on February 28th and said 90 days. If you get lucky, your application might be approved before mine and you filed 2 months later than me. As I said before, there are always exceptions to the rule. I cross my fingers for you that your application will proceed as quickly as it started! GO, New York, GO!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Tomorrow is the big day! Oath day! 1:30 in the afternoon! Sooo excited for the hubby!

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Thanks for checking. Interesting, mine was updated on February 28th and said 90 days. If you get lucky, your application might be approved before mine and you filed 2 months later than me. As I said before, there are always exceptions to the rule. I cross my fingers for you that your application will proceed as quickly as it started! GO, New York, GO!

Hey drama queen,

Mine said the same thing yours said from mar 29th - apr 2nd

And then it changed to what I posted above on the evening of apr 2nd.

And my office is actually Brooklyn not nyc sorry for the confusion.

And I'm sure yours will be processed soon. :) hang in there.

I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tomorrow is the big day! Oath day! 1:30 in the afternoon! Sooo excited for the hubby!

Yay!!! Congratulations to the Hubby!! Will you be doing a same day passport? I was thinking of handing in my naturalization certificate with my passport application after the Oath ceremony but I'm not sure how long the processing time is.

Our Naturalization Journey (Detailed timeline in About Me section)

01/14/2013 Mailed N-400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox
01/18/2013 N-400 fees check cashed
01/18/2013 NOA Received (Biometrics appointment)
02/04/2013 Early Biometrics (Original date 02/14/2013)
02/07/2013 Status changed to in line for interview
02/13/2013 Received 2nd NOA (Interview scheduled)
02/15/2013 Received yellow letter from USCIS to bring DL
03/18/2013 N-400 Interview

03/20/2013 Status changed to in que for Oath ceremony
03/29/2013 Status changed to Oath ceremony scheduled and letter sent

04/01/2013 Received Oath Letter
04/09/2013 Oath Ceremony (N-400 completed in 2 months 3 weeks and 5 days)

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.