steviedj

Time between Packet 3, Medical and Interview

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! Firstly thank you. We have found this site so very, very useful in the whole process - most importantly for our families to get a greater understanding of the process which, at times, has been difficult to put into words and explain to people.

Secondly, my questions. I have today (22nd December 2012) received my Packet 3 Letter from the US Embassy in London. I have all completed all the forms requested and will be sending them back once I have booked my medical appointment on Monday. My questions are:

1). When would my medical appointment be? Am I looking at a matter of days from when I book it, or weeks? What is the average answer?

2). When should I be expecting my interview date to be? Again, what is the average time from now?

The reason for asking is that I am currently visiting my Fiancee in the US and intend to return for my medical as soon as I can get it booked, however I work for a Cruise Line and, on speaking to the USCIS, was advised that I wouldn't be able to work on a Cruise Ship with my C1/D crewman's visa once the K1 application had been approved and sent via the NVC to the US Embassy in London. SO basically, I cannot work right now so my funds are starting to run down.

I have looked at the Immigration Timelines section, and the flowcharts, etc. and have tried to work it out but my head is just so confused now!

All advice and help would be very much appreciated!!

Many thanks,

Steve

Hey everyone! Firstly thank you. We have found this site so very, very useful in the whole process - most importantly for our families to get a greater understanding of the process which, at times, has been difficult to put into words and explain to people.

Secondly, my questions. I have today (22nd December 2012) received my Packet 3 Letter from the US Embassy in London. I have all completed all the forms requested and will be sending them back once I have booked my medical appointment on Monday. My questions are:

1). When would my medical appointment be? Am I looking at a matter of days from when I book it, or weeks? What is the average answer?

2). When should I be expecting my interview date to be? Again, what is the average time from now?

The reason for asking is that I am currently visiting my Fiancee in the US and intend to return for my medical as soon as I can get it booked, however I work for a Cruise Line and, on speaking to the USCIS, was advised that I wouldn't be able to work on a Cruise Ship with my C1/D crewman's visa once the K1 application had been approved and sent via the NVC to the US Embassy in London. SO basically, I cannot work right now so my funds are starting to run down.

I have looked at the Immigration Timelines section, and the flowcharts, etc. and have tried to work it out but my head is just so confused now!

All advice and help would be very much appreciated!!

Many thanks,

Steve

It's the Holidays so getting anything done is difficult now. The embassy isn't open but 2 days between now and Jan 2. The medical people said they won't be sending anything further to the embassy until January. In general there is no long wait for a medical appointment. You know you need a passport photo and police certificate to take to the medical?

I see no reason your crew visa would be cancelled prior to your interview when (if) the officer approves a K1, he will void the other. No idea how your reference to NVC fits into this picture. The Dept of State does visas and not USCIS, so maybe they didn't explain it properly to you. Your old visa isn't cancelled until you get a different one and that will happen at the interview if you are approved.... If meaning have all the right documentation and proof of support papers so they can approve.

Guessing, I'd say you have 2 more months to go.

I suggest you start reading and posting over in the UK forum since each embassy does things differently. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/ You can get a sense of what to expect and how long by looking through the forum and not just the first page. Your question #2 has been asked over and over, and answered in many variations of "we don't know how long it will take from now".

I also suggest you spend this holiday time reading the entire pinned thread London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread. It is FULL of info for people just where you are and may answer many question for you or give you tips. Like all long threads, it's got some rambling and such, but worth the read. Take notes or make bookmarks for the things you find useful.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Nick! Your advice on the forums/links was fantastic and really appreciated. Thank you for your advice and experiences on there to help the rest of us out. An thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I thought that I had posted my thanks on here but obviously I got distracted by the manic chaos of the holidays, so apologies for my thanks being so delayed. Medical booked for 25th Jan, and Packet 3 sent back! So fingers crossed....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.