callmekay

Co-Sponsor for k-1 Question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Has anyone here gotten approved with a co sponsor on the K-1 visa? Unless I find another job, I have a feeling I won't meet the income requirement. His parents were going to co sponsor for me but I'm hearing a lot that K-1 rarely gets approved for K-1 visa...

My classes with University of Phoenix resumes in january for my Master's degree in elementary education and hoping to complete the degree by the time my fiance and his daughter gets here.

I just wanted to see how many people were successful with co-sponsor from HCMC. Thanks much :D

I-129F sent on 12/18/2012
Delivery confirmation confirmed from USPS 12/20/2012
Text/email NOA1 received 12/26/2012 Off to VSC we go!
Check cashed 12/28/2012
NOA1 Hardcopy received 12/29/2012 Priority Date 12/21/2012
Touched, still in Initial Review 01/02/2013

Touched, still in Initial Review 05/24/2013 transferred

Touched, still in Initial Review 05/29/2013 transferred to local office (New Orleans?)

Touched, still in Initial Review 05/30/2013 File now processing

NOA2!!! 06/19/2013

NOA2 Hardcopy received 06/22/2013

Touched, 07/10/2013 sent to DOS

Received case number from NVC 07/15/2013

Case sent to US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 07/30/2013

Sent online form to Us Consulate to inquire about packet 3 08/20/2013

Packet 3 Received @ consulate 9/26/2013

Packet 4 Sent via email 01/03/2014

Interview Date 01/27/2014 (submitted requested documents and medical exams records received 03/30 )

VISA APPROVED (Received in hand on April 22)
May 18, 2014 Arrive in US

Wedding date 06/02/2015

AOS Sent: TBD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Thousands have gotten approved with co-sponsors. For Vietnam is another story and I will defer to those more informed than I regarding the Embassy over there.

Timeline

Thousands have gotten approved with co-sponsors. For Vietnam is another story and I will defer to those more informed than I regarding the Embassy over there.

yea ive heard of it. ive heard of others who had co sponsors...but their cases were a few years back so i dont know if its changed recently or what.

Check cashed 12/28/2012

Touched, still in Initial Review 05/29/2013 transferred to local office (New Orleans?)

NOA2!!! 06/19/2013

Interview Date 01/27/2014 (submitted requested documents and medical exams records received 03/30 )

Wedding date 06/02/2015

Timeline

there's no co-sponsor for k-1 in vietnam. also with his child that adds to the total you need to make to sponsor 2 people. expect questions about your relationship with his parents in USA.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Timeline

there's no co-sponsor for k-1 in vietnam. also with his child that adds to the total you need to make to sponsor 2 people. expect questions about your relationship with his parents in USA.

Yea, things must have changed since my friend brought his wife over. His parents co sponsored for him for her to come over.

so even if we have his parents as co sponsor back ups, just in case...I'm assuming that won't work??

I've looked at the I-864 poverty guidelines...I have a daughter as well so pretty much I would be financially responsible for 4 people...which i believe is a bit over 28,000 for the poverty level...so if I make over that amount annually than I won't need any co sponsors, correct?

Currently right now I am living at home, but there is a high probability that I will be moving in with my in laws after the new year or possibly after tet. Our families are pretty traditional and since I'm pretty much their daughter in law (minus the marriage certificate) I have a fairly close relationship with them. Both parties are in agreement that since I'm daughter in law, its best I stay with my fiance's family. I will eventually be living with my fiance's parents prior to him coming over. That way his parents and I can assist one another in preparing for him and my stepdaughter's arrival to the US.

What type of questions would they be asking me?

Or is it rather they would be asking him my relationship with his parents?

Prior job I was averaging out anywhere between 25-28k annually however last year and this year I was out on FMLA for an ongoing 3 months period...in doing so my income dropped below the 21k mark....this year I believe including my 401k cash out my income would just roughly be at 21k....but in 2010 it was past 28k...once I get my masters and start teaching I will be averaging out at 43k a year as a first year teacher. Should I include that with the paperwork to show them that I am pursing a Master's to show what I am potentially able to receive?

Check cashed 12/28/2012

NOA2!!! 06/19/2013

Wedding date 06/02/2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

HCMC does not allow cosponsors for fiance visas..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Yea, things must have changed since my friend brought his wife over. His parents co sponsored for him for her to come over.

so even if we have his parents as co sponsor back ups, just in case...I'm assuming that won't work??

I've looked at the I-864 poverty guidelines...I have a daughter as well so pretty much I would be financially responsible for 4 people...which i believe is a bit over 28,000 for the poverty level...so if I make over that amount annually than I won't need any co sponsors, correct?

Currently right now I am living at home, but there is a high probability that I will be moving in with my in laws after the new year or possibly after tet. Our families are pretty traditional and since I'm pretty much their daughter in law (minus the marriage certificate) I have a fairly close relationship with them. Both parties are in agreement that since I'm daughter in law, its best I stay with my fiance's family. I will eventually be living with my fiance's parents prior to him coming over. That way his parents and I can assist one another in preparing for him and my stepdaughter's arrival to the US.

What type of questions would they be asking me?

Or is it rather they would be asking him my relationship with his parents?

Prior job I was averaging out anywhere between 25-28k annually however last year and this year I was out on FMLA for an ongoing 3 months period...in doing so my income dropped below the 21k mark....this year I believe including my 401k cash out my income would just roughly be at 21k....but in 2010 it was past 28k...once I get my masters and start teaching I will be averaging out at 43k a year as a first year teacher. Should I include that with the paperwork to show them that I am pursing a Master's to show what I am potentially able to receive?

As long as your making enough money lets say this year that what they go by. Give them employment letter with your start date,annual income and employment status and you will be fine. If you have assets you need 3000 dollars in assets for every 1,000 your short to use as income for the i-134.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.