Janelle2002

December i-130 Approvals Waiting for NVC

440 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I need your help here!

NVC replied to my email (basically asking for my case number) but I'm not sure what it means.

They said that they received my visa petition and that the appropriate agent (applicant, petitioner, or attorney) will receive instructions within 6 to 8 weeks.

They also wrote "Case Number:" with my USCIS number.

You don't keep the same number though between USCIS and NVC, do you?

And since I haven't sent anything, how do they know the "agent"?

Thanks!

Edited by Mntjc
CR-1 Spouse Visa, Filled abroad (I am the Beneficiary / Applicant)

2012 USCIS (MSC)

October 15: I-130 NOA1

December 15: NOA2

2013 NVC (BRS) Case number received 5 weeks after NOA2 - DS-3032
February 25: AOS and IV delivered to NVC

March 13: Case complete
April 3: Interview - Visa approved - USCIS Immigrant Fee paid

May: POE (Dallas Fort Worth Airport)

2015 REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 18: NOA I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

March 18: Biometrics appointment

August 17: approved

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

When did NVC received your case from USCIS. My NOA2 approved on Nov 30th and NVC received on JAN 7th but still waiting to get case number.

I need your help here!

NVC replied to my email (basically asking for my case number) but I'm not sure what it means.

They said that they received my visa petition and that the appropriate agent (applicant, petitioner, or attorney) will receive instructions within 6 to 8 weeks.

Thanks!

Service Center : National Benefits Center

Consulate : Mumbai, India

I-130 Sent : 2012-09-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2012-11-30

NVC Received : 2013-01-07

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2013-01-24

Pay I-864 Bill 2013-01-24

Receive I-864 Package : 2013-01-24

Return Completed I-864 : 2013-01-28

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2013-01-23

Receive IV Bill : 2013-02-04

Pay IV Bill : 2013-02-04

IV Package (all documents) sent Feb 7th 2013.

Case Completed at NVC : 2013-02-21 (Called NVC and Customer Service rep mention case is closed and all documents are good)

NVC email for Checklist (PASSPORT POLICE CERTIFICATE) - Feb 22nd 2013 ( I called NVC and NVC mention that Carry document during Interview)

Email Received for Case Closed from NVC : Feb 28th 2013

Interview Date : Aril 1st 2013

Visa Approved

Collected Passport : April 4th 2013

Paid $165 : April 4th 2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

When did NVC received your case from USCIS. My NOA2 approved on Nov 30th and NVC received on JAN 7th but still waiting to get case number.

Approved December 15th, NVC said they received it December 2nd, but no case yet.

CR-1 Spouse Visa, Filled abroad (I am the Beneficiary / Applicant)

2012 USCIS (MSC)

October 15: I-130 NOA1

December 15: NOA2

2013 NVC (BRS) Case number received 5 weeks after NOA2 - DS-3032
February 25: AOS and IV delivered to NVC

March 13: Case complete
April 3: Interview - Visa approved - USCIS Immigrant Fee paid

May: POE (Dallas Fort Worth Airport)

2015 REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 18: NOA I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

March 18: Biometrics appointment

August 17: approved

I need your help here!

Thanks!

Give them your USCIS case number. They use this to find your case until they make you a new case number with your embassy letters.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I think I may be the only one left hanging....My case is still not at NVC :( I don't know what else to do

EmilyS. I keep tracking your progress to see how far and it feels terrible to know your are still at a standstill. we were both approved one day apart. I dont know how you sound when you talk on the phone with USCIS but in this type of case, you have to be firm and insistent. Theywnt lsiten to a "meek" voice. no need for anger or disrespect just firmness.

more importantly, I feel your husband should take action by tuesday if nothing turns up on fri. I know you have been saying he is busy atwork but does he not get lunch break? The longest I have been been on hold on the phone by USCIS/NVC b4 a human came on is 25-30mins. He could use his lunch hour to take some action.

For your sake I really do wish you get some answers soon, Hang in there.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Timeline

Yay!!! IV bill invoiced and paid couple of hours ago. AOS and IV package mailed out just now. Now the wait for CASE COMPLETE!

CR-1 (for Husband):
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
NVC stage ( 20 days)

USCIS (22days)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

EmilyS. I keep tracking your progress to see how far and it feels terrible to know your are still at a standstill. we were both approved one day apart. I dont know how you sound when you talk on the phone with USCIS but in this type of case, you have to be firm and insistent. Theywnt lsiten to a "meek" voice. no need for anger or disrespect just firmness.

more importantly, I feel your husband should take action by tuesday if nothing turns up on fri. I know you have been saying he is busy atwork but does he not get lunch break? The longest I have been been on hold on the phone by USCIS/NVC b4 a human came on is 25-30mins. He could use his lunch hour to take some action.

For your sake I really do wish you get some answers soon, Hang in there.

we called and spoke to an ISO yesterday we called an spoke to an ISO today (both on his lunch breaks), he gets lunch breaks but as a manager he gets pulled back in when needed, both times that I've called I've been on hold for more than an hour, today for instance on hold for 1hr 10 mins....we try to do the best we can, we make a conference call and my hubby gives them permission to talk to me, the ISO we spoke to today told me that our case was approved by a local office and it takes up to 45 days for local offices to send the cases to NVC, wasn't told this yesterday, on the approval notice that we received NBC seemed to be the one that had approved our case. I am losing my mind waiting for this case to get to NVC, I'm going to call back on tuesday if we don't see any progress, I've been nice on the phone and that's because we're not at 30 days yet, will be this saturday....on Tuesday though they will deal with a whole different Emily. I have no more patience!!

and of course there is the lawyer! paid him 5 freaking thousand dollars for what?!!!!!! when I ask the clerk to call she says she's going to email them once we hit the 30 days not even a phone call!! I'm a Taurus..I'm all calm and nice until they miss with me and looks like I'm going to be one angry bull!!!!!

Sorry if I rant on and on, I am just so frustrated!! :(

Edited by EmilyS
event.png

Dont apologize we are all here so we can talk about our frustrations and rant. To keep this all tight inside would only make it worse. Your husband needs to schedule an info pass, go to USCIS and get in someone's face until they give you all some answers.

Timeline

it ok to rant :D Thats why we are here. Most people out there wnt understand what we are going through with immigration.

Ok I kinda thought your hubby has not yet called and you have been the active one cos they may not want to listen to the beneficiary.

Just cant seem to understand why some ISO will give out date the file was sent out(Like i have read)n and others wnt. I mean what can it hurt?:huh:

I am trying to create an image of a different Emily :)

I am naturally mellow with an attitude about to boil over at the slighest opportunity. I start out very nice, patient and willing to work out any situation until the other person proves otherwise then they get it coming :lol: . So far I have nt received any hate for it cos most times they realize It was for good.

This week is your week. there wnt be need for you to "change". dnt get angry though, just firm.

stay blessed

CR-1 (for Husband):
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
NVC stage ( 20 days)

USCIS (22days)

Timeline

Dont apologize we are all here so we can talk about our frustrations and rant. To keep this all tight inside would only make it worse. Your husband needs to schedule an info pass, go to USCIS and get in someone's face until they give you all some answers.

after hearing it was approved by a local office I actually looked into scheduling an infopass but then again it all depends IF he has a day off or not :( I can't take the amount of stress I'm under, I break down every day! cry my eyes out and don't say anything to him cause it'll just upset him even more and of course I don't want him to be sad :(

Edited by EmilyS
event.png

Timeline

it ok to rant :D Thats why we are here. Most people out there wnt understand what we are going through with immigration.

Ok I kinda thought your hubby has not yet called and you have been the active one cos they may not want to listen to the beneficiary.

Just cant seem to understand why some ISO will give out date the file was sent out(Like i have read)n and others wnt. I mean what can it hurt?:huh:

I am trying to create an image of a different Emily :)

I am naturally mellow with an attitude about to boil over at the slighest opportunity. I start out very nice, patient and willing to work out any situation until the other person proves otherwise then they get it coming :lol: . So far I have nt received any hate for it cos most times they realize It was for good.

This week is your week. there wnt be need for you to "change". dnt get angry though, just firm.

stay blessed

Thanks for understanding, you're right nobody understands what we go through, my parents don't even know what I'm going through! I'm trying to stay as positive as I can be but there are times that I break down. I really hope this wait ends this week, I would be OK with it sitting at NVC to be assigned a case number but not knowing where the heck it is pisses me off.

I don't want to change and be a mad dog but I can be if they push me to the edge....keep me in ur prayers :(

Edited by EmilyS
event.png

after hearing it was approved by a local office I actually looked into scheduling an infopass but then again it all depends IF he has a day off or not :( I can't take the amount of stress I'm under, I break down every day! cry my eyes out and don't say anything to him cause it'll just upset him even more and of course I don't want him to be sad :(

Of course you dont want him to be sad. I cry every night too but I dont tell my husband. I just tell him everything is okay or if i need something from him i tell him what i need. I am sure your husband is busy. U.S. jobs keeps us busy and stresses but he might need take a vacation day or sick day so that he can go to USCIS if he cannot fix this by phone calls.

Timeline

Of course you dont want him to be sad. I cry every night too but I dont tell my husband. I just tell him everything is okay or if i need something from him i tell him what i need. I am sure your husband is busy. U.S. jobs keeps us busy and stresses but he might need take a vacation day or sick day so that he can go to USCIS if he cannot fix this by phone calls.

I already asked him about his day off next week, he's gonna let me know tonight and I'll schedule an infopass...hopefully we hear something by Tuesday :(

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.