TheNewGirl

Check List for I-130 & I-485 Packages!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I am finally (almost) ready to send in my package for my Adjustment of Status but wanted to see if anyone can see anything I might have missed or should add/remove from the packages? How important is the order? Should anything be moved within my packages?

Below is the overall table of content/cover letter I've written. Please let me know what you think!

Form I-130

Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

1. Cover letter stating content of package

2. Check made payable to US Department of Homeland Security for the amount of $420.00

3. Two (2) passport photographs taken in accordance to USCIS requirements (one each of Petitioner and Beneficiary)

4. Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

5. Form G-325A, Biographic Information for Petitioner

6. Form G-325A, Biographic Information for Beneficiary

7. Copy of Petitioner’s passport stating evidence of U.S. Citizenship

8. Copies of the Beneficiary’s present and previous passports, non-immigration F1 visas an I-94 card

9. Evidence of bona fied marriage

Copy of Marriage Certificate

Photos of Petitioner and Beneficiary with descriptions

Copies of Boarding Passes from traveling together

Forms I-485, I-765, and I-131

Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

I-485, Application to Adjust Status

1. Check made payable to US Department of Homeland Security for the amount of $1070.00

2. Cover letter stating content of package

3. Form I-485, Application for Adjustment of Status

4. Copies of the Beneficiary’s present and previous passport, non-immigration F1 visas and I-94 card

5. Copy of I-20

6. Copy of Beneficiary’s Birth Certificate in English

7. Copy of marriage certificate

8. Two (2) passport photographs of Beneficiary taken in accordance to USCIS requirements

9. Form G-325A, Biographic Information Sheet for Beneficiary

10. Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record in sealed envelope

11. Form I-864, Affidavit of Support including supporting documents

I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

1. Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

2. Two (2) passport photographs of Beneficiary taken in accordance to USCIS requirements

3. Copies of the Beneficiary’s present and previous passport, non-immigration F1 visas and I-94 card

4. Copy of Beneficiary’s OPT Work Authorization document including:

Copy of EAD card

Copy of I-797, Notice of Action

I-131, Application for Travel Document

1. Form I-131, Application for Travel Document;

2. Two (2) passport photographs of Beneficiary taken in accordance to USCIS requirements

3. Copies of the Beneficiary’s present and previous passport, non-immigration F1 visas and I-94 card

Edited by TheNewGirl

04/13/2008 - Officially became a couple

11/26/2012 - Married

12/27/2012 - Sent in AOS Package

01/04/2013 - Received NOA

02/06/2013 - Biometrics appointment

02/19/2013 - Received interview date

03/02/2013 - Online notice of Approved EAD

03/08/2013 - Received EAD card in mail

03/26/2013 - INTERVIEW (rescheduled)

Timeline

Do you have any utilities bill or lease in name of both?.I would add one or two notarized affidavits from families and/or friends.

I know our "evidence of bona fied marriage" is a little weak :(

Unfortunately we do not have any bills/rental agreements with both of our names since we met in college, lived apart when we started dating 4 years ago and then I moved into his place. We both know the land lord so he never made it a big deal signing a new lease or putting my name on anything.

We are planning on moving, get a joint account etc. in the next few months (this fall has been too hectic for both of us) and I talked to a lawyer who said that as long as I can show more proof/evidence by the time of the interview we'll be fine...

11/26/2012 - Married

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I know our "evidence of bona fied marriage" is a little weak :(

Unfortunately we do not have any bills/rental agreements with both of our names since we met in college, lived apart when we started dating 4 years ago and then I moved into his place. We both know the land lord so he never made it a big deal signing a new lease or putting my name on anything.

We are planning on moving, get a joint account etc. in the next few months (this fall has been too hectic for both of us) and I talked to a lawyer who said that as long as I can show more proof/evidence by the time of the interview we'll be fine...

You should be fine, we didn't send in that many evidence either, some pics that's all... Sweden isn't a high risk country so just send what you got.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

You should be fine, we didn't send in that many evidence either, some pics that's all... Sweden isn't a high risk country so just send what you got.

Thank you so much! Im soooo excited to have this whole process over with! :yes:

11/26/2012 - Married

• 11 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.