Chica Yeyé

Hola from Edmonton

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone,

This is our first post. My husband (USC) and me (Mexican) got married in May of this year in Edmonton; where we are currently living. Just begun our process for a K-1 (the lady at Calgary Consulate told us the K-3 would take as much time as the K-1.... hmmmmm). Things are complicated and we are quite scared about the whole thing. We are so happy to have found this forum, so that we can at least rant with other folks in our situation.

Hope to get to know all of you!!! And thanks for all the exciting and educational information. Sometimes it's discouraging, but it is making us breathe much more easier!!!!

Wouldn't mind some hints on what some of the initials mean.... i.e. NOA and such. Also, how do I post our pic on each post?????

L&B.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi. Here's where we are: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...7896&st=120

and you may find some old threads hlepful as well. here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=87&st=120

Do you mean you are applying for a non-immigrant Spousal visa (K3 instead of IRI)? A K1 alone is for a fiance so I think you mean you are filing both the I-130 and I-129F together for a non-immigrant visa. If this is not the case, you should read through the guides to make sure you understand the options for spouses. It's also rather confusing if you are not currently living in the US right now since the petition requires US domicile. Have you already filed?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I fellow Canadian :) I lived just North of Edmonton about 1 hr small world eh?

I am not good with dates and dont ahve my timeline down but total time from filing to getting to the US I think was 8 months (not 100% sure) have to ask DH.... but the days feel like MONTHS, hang in there :)

May God's Grace be all you will ever need ticker.png

Hi. Here's where we are: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...7896&st=120

and you may find some old threads hlepful as well. here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=87&st=120

Do you mean you are applying for a non-immigrant Spousal visa (K3 instead of IRI)? A K1 alone is for a fiance so I think you mean you are filing both the I-130 and I-129F together for a non-immigrant visa. If this is not the case, you should read through the guides to make sure you understand the options for spouses. It's also rather confusing if you are not currently living in the US right now since the petition requires US domicile. Have you already filed?

Thanks for all the info. We filed only a I-130 in Calgary, and are going for the immigrant visa... since apparently the K-3 takes as long. DH is in Canada on a study permit and I have a work permit for accompanying (sp?) spouse - so you can imagine, deal with two immigration authorities on one lifetime. Yikes! Things are crazy, but we are hanging in there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Thanks for all the info. We filed only a I-130 in Calgary, and are going for the immigrant visa... since apparently the K-3 takes as long. DH is in Canada on a study permit and I have a work permit for accompanying (sp?) spouse - so you can imagine, deal with two immigration authorities on one lifetime. Yikes! Things are crazy, but we are hanging in there.

I guess I'm confused by filing the I-130 in Calgary b/c normally this petition can only be filed with a US service center with a US domicile. Will he be interviewing in Ciudad Juarez? If so, once you have the I-130 in you can file the I-129F which will get you an interview date in CDJ much faster (4-6 months) but results in a non-immigrant visa. If the timing of the interview isn't an issue (probably isn't in your case) just be forewarned that CR-1 interviews in CDJ take one year to be scheduled once the case is received there.

I guess I'm confused by filing the I-130 in Calgary b/c normally this petition can only be filed with a US service center with a US domicile. Will he be interviewing in Ciudad Juarez? If so, once you have the I-130 in you can file the I-129F which will get you an interview date in CDJ much faster (4-6 months) but results in a non-immigrant visa. If the timing of the interview isn't an issue (probably isn't in your case) just be forewarned that CR-1 interviews in CDJ take one year to be scheduled once the case is received there.

Thanks KITKAT!!! Lovely nickname. We both live in Canada and are doing DCF - so my interview (I am the "alien relative") will be in Montreal. And since we are married, we are going the Immigrant Visa route instead of the k-3.

You folks rock!!!

• 2 years later...

stfu..you messikan nOOb!

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Wouldn't mind some hints on what some of the initials mean.... i.e. NOA and such. Also, how do I post our pic on each post?????

1228937560-718514-400x309-noob.jpg

Edited by almaty

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

:rofl: Brother Dean!

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

at least sister Julianna knows what NOA stands for..just saying

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
OMG ROFL!!!!!

:sleepy: shut up and go back to sweep your hut and feed your camels :bonk:

L-rd knows what my first post looks like.

I can't sweep my hut because your 20 illegal brothers and sisters are in it stealing our beans. Instead I shall be forced to make myself up so I can be pretty for when he sells me tonight on the black market slave trade because I failed as a good wife... iz up for $30 and a chicken.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
at least sister Julianna knows what NOA stands for..just saying

Uh-huh! I read about it one day after I was done early with my chores and had 5 seconds before I had to weave him new clothes for the morning. Brother Dean knows how that goes...

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.