Epitope

From "post decision activity" back to "initial review"

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I filed a petition for my foreign fiancée for a K-1 visa about 5 months ago and last week, I checked the status of our application on the USCIS website and I got the following message:

Your Current Case Status for Form I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Post Decision Activity

On November 26, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

I was pretty happy to see that our case was approved. My fiancée received some documents at her house in China (a DS-230 form, the I-129F form that I filled out, which bears an "approved" stamp on top and some instructions).

Today, I received a letter in the mail saying that the National Visa Center had recently received an approved I-129F petition and that they will contact my fiancée when the consulate is ready to begin processing her application.

Now, I checked again today the status of my application on the USCIS website and I got this message:

Initial Review

On December 11, 2012, the post office returned the notice we last sent you on this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing address for this notice to be re-sent.

Are we back to the "initial review" stage? This is getting me worried. I don't know why they say that the mail they sent me was undeliverable, as I did receive their letter. Is something else supposed to be coming my way in addition to this letter?

I tried to call the number.. but today is Saturday, so there is nobody on the line to pick up.

Thank you for your help

Also the letter that I got today said: "within a week the petition will be forwarded to the appropriate visa-issuing post where your visa interview will take place". Does it means that I, the petitioner, will also need to be interviewed in the consulate in China?

Your NOA2 was returned as undelivered. Call them and make arrangements to get another. You are not back at the beginning.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Your NOA2 was returned as undelivered. Call them and make arrangements to get another. You are not back at the beginning.

:thumbs:yep get on top of this.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

The same thing happened to us. My USC Fiance called the USCIS on 1-800-375-5283 straight away and updated his new address. Wasn't a problem and we received our NOA2 hardcopy in the mail soon after.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you have a returned mail piece.

You need to do 2 things:

1. call into USCIS, get an ISO, go over the correct address, ask the ISO to have the returned mail piece redelivered to the correct address.

2. place a name card into your mail slot, having YOUR NAME and HER name in the name card. Bake 3 dozen brownies. Meet up with the postal carrier 3 times across the week at your address, each time giving a dozen brownies to the postal carrier, introducing yourself, and making certain the postal carrier knows your name.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thank you all for your replies. I will call Monday and hopefully the issue will be resolved.

Does the hardcopy of the NOA-2 contain any important information? For example, would it list the forms that I need to fill out and send to my fiancée? And would it say whether I need to be interviewed at the Guangzhou consulate, as the letter from NVC seems to suggest?

BTW: I think my postal carrier knows my name now.. my fiancée sends me a lot of postcards all written in Chinese, and where I live there are not many Chinese people, so I must have caught his attention somehow!

However I moved a few months ago. I did update my address, and the NVC seems to be using the correct address, but maybe the USCIS is still using my old address.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

you have a returned mail piece.

You need to do 2 things:

1. call into USCIS, get an ISO, go over the correct address, ask the ISO to have the returned mail piece redelivered to the correct address.

2. place a name card into your mail slot, having YOUR NAME and HER name in the name card. Bake 3 dozen brownies. Meet up with the postal carrier 3 times across the week at your address, each time giving a dozen brownies to the postal carrier, introducing yourself, and making certain the postal carrier knows your name.

Good Luck !

Also a nice Christmas would not hurt either. But do it personally.

Thank you all for your replies. I will call Monday and hopefully the issue will be resolved.

Does the hardcopy of the NOA-2 contain any important information? For example, would it list the forms that I need to fill out and send to my fiancée? And would it say whether I need to be interviewed at the Guangzhou consulate, as the letter from NVC seems to suggest?

BTW: I think my postal carrier knows my name now.. my fiancée sends me a lot of postcards all written in Chinese, and where I live there are not many Chinese people, so I must have caught his attention somehow!

However I moved a few months ago. I did update my address, and the NVC seems to be using the correct address, but maybe the USCIS is still using my old address.

You need the NOA2 for AOS.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Did you use a PO BOX? The USCIS says that the will mail to a PO BOX, but that is a lie because the same thing has happened to me. My lawyer told me that the USCIS will not send mail to a po box..then I call the USCIS and they told me that they do..so I had them double look and they said I needed to update it..so all I did was tell them my po box again and what do you think happens? one week later they tell me that it can not be delivered and that my case is back in initial review..funny that because the embassy in Peru has already received our petition and has given us an interview date for january 28th...but the USCIS did send an official noa2 to my lawyer and in return she mailed it to me.. this is proof that the USCIS has NO CLUE of what they are doing and that they lie constantly. For me, I'm glad I had my lawyer...or I would have never received my noa2 paper nor have known that we were way passed that stage. its ridiculous that we, who are doing this process legally, are lied to and treated with so much disrespect from these people. Hope you can figure out what the problem is. Good Luck! :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Did you use a PO BOX? The USCIS says that the will mail to a PO BOX, but that is a lie because the same thing has happened to me. My lawyer told me that the USCIS will not send mail to a po box..then I call the USCIS and they told me that they do..so I had them double look and they said I needed to update it..so all I did was tell them my po box again and what do you think happens? one week later they tell me that it can not be delivered and that my case is back in initial review..funny that because the embassy in Peru has already received our petition and has given us an interview date for january 28th...but the USCIS did send an official noa2 to my lawyer and in return she mailed it to me.. this is proof that the USCIS has NO CLUE of what they are doing and that they lie constantly. For me, I'm glad I had my lawyer...or I would have never received my noa2 paper nor have known that we were way passed that stage. its ridiculous that we, who are doing this process legally, are lied to and treated with so much disrespect from these people. Hope you can figure out what the problem is. Good Luck! :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Well they say on the forms and the lack of DCF that you can use a foreign address so I do. I get no NOA1 in the mail, I call and the first person tells me that they don't send mail to foreign addresses (which isn't true). The next ISO tells me that they do but I shouldn't count on actually receiving anything.

It would really help if they got their stories straight.

Edited by Nola123

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
:wow: comments like this gets me really confused.Okay I have called the uscis automated system which says they have sent me a form I-797, Notice of Action Issued when an application or petition is approved. tell now my fiancee have not seen the form in her mail and when she call them they tell her they still processing and she should wait tell the end of this december. which is which ???

Timeline

Hi everyone,

Today, I called the USCIS to change my address. Apparently the reason why the NOA-2 they sent me was returned to them as undeliverable was because I gave them a wrong zip code (the last digit was 2 units off, I always get confused). And the way their system works is they match the zip code you give them with the city it is supposed to be, therefore even if you put in the correct name of your city in your application, if the zip code is wrong, your notices will go to a different city, corresponding to the zip code, and your address will probably not exist in that other city, and so your mail will be undeliverable.

Thank you all for your help

I can't wait to see what's in this NOA-2 package!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Today, I called the USCIS to change my address. Apparently the reason why the NOA-2 they sent me was returned to them as undeliverable was because I gave them a wrong zip code (the last digit was 2 units off, I always get confused). And the way their system works is they match the zip code you give them with the city it is supposed to be, therefore even if you put in the correct name of your city in your application, if the zip code is wrong, your notices will go to a different city, corresponding to the zip code, and your address will probably not exist in that other city, and so your mail will be undeliverable.

Thank you all for your help

I can't wait to see what's in this NOA-2 package!

A rectangular shaped piece of paper with less than 500 words on.

But it is probably the only piece of paper that size that will make you burst into happydancing.

Congrats with the approval. :) Save it(you can scan it and make sure you have a back up of it) because you will need it later on for the AOS process. Some embassies require a copy of NOA2 at the interview.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.