Mina90

Feeling left out

16 posts in this topic

Recently, a lot of people who filed around August-September-October-November have all been getting approvals. I keep getting my hopes high and check the status of our case every day, but in vain :( I wonder if location or other things matter in the way that these I-130s have been getting approved. My case was transferred to NBC (priority date is 9/10/12) and is being processed at a USCIS office. So I checked to see what my local office would be out of curiosity and it's the Washington D.C. office. What do you guys think? Is there some particular strategy for approvals or is it really just random? Sorry, I just needed to vent, I just hate getting my hopes up and then feeling let down. :bonk:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

count me in, My priority date is late Oct and I've seen approvals that were filed after me in a matter of 40+ days...This process is so random and I'm hating every minute of it although some of these approvals are being processed at local offices which don't have the volume of petitions that other places do. Every time I see someone posting about their approval I get my hopes high, so I guess there's nothing I can do but be patient which I don't know how!

Edited by EmilyS
event.png

Me too! Plus I have the added worry about the field office sending me the NOID and whether or not they've married up my birth certificate with my file.

Hopefully ours will all come in short order! I don't think it's random it's supposed to be in a queue.

Edited by hikergirl

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to USCIS Service Centers forum -- topic applies to multiple visa types and pertains to USCIS processing operations. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

It is all very random - people who filed from within the US are getting approved in under 2 months and some of the file from abroads are taking 3+ months. :wacko:

I'm just hoping they don't transfer my case to the Hartford, CT field office because they are slow slow slow.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If the USCIS is slow, wait until you get to the NVC stage, have limits on the number of visas they can issue and controlled by the executive branch now favoring mid-easterners that are supposingly helping our military and people from Africa. Forget about Latin America, been over four years now and still waiting for an unmarried stepson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Recently, a lot of people who filed around August-September-October-November have all been getting approvals. I keep getting my hopes high and check the status of our case every day, but in vain :( I wonder if location or other things matter in the way that these I-130s have been getting approved. My case was transferred to NBC (priority date is 9/10/12) and is being processed at a USCIS office. So I checked to see what my local office would be out of curiosity and it's the Washington D.C. office. What do you guys think? Is there some particular strategy for approvals or is it really just random? Sorry, I just needed to vent, I just hate getting my hopes up and then feeling let down. :bonk:

My petition is in Vermont, where's yours? I've been waiting for 6 months now and even though they said they would approve our case fast because my husband is in the military, nothing has happened yet.

Good luck to you

Giovanna

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If the USCIS is slow, wait until you get to the NVC stage, have limits on the number of visas they can issue and controlled by the executive branch now favoring mid-easterners that are supposingly helping our military and people from Africa. Forget about Latin America, been over four years now and still waiting for an unmarried stepson.

:thumbs:Slow and slower.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

June 4th and have heard NOTHING! It is disheartening to see people who applied just weeks ago approved. It's been over 6 months for us! I think it's just each center and the volume of paperwork they have. My advice - don't get your hopes up, and when it does happen - then you can be excited! We can't do anything to make it go faster, so we just need ot trust that ours will be approved in the right time :)

Good luck to you!

NOA1 - June 4th, 2012

NOA2 - January 11th, 2013

Timeline

Glad to see Im not the only one. Been so disheartened lately.

"Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will."

event.png

event.png

event.png
96b648b63e.png

Personal
2004- Met online. Started a great friendship
2009- Decided our friendship had turned into something major
2009- First Official Visit and when we officially started dating
July 1st,2011- We got married!!!
USCIS
September 14,2012- Sent In I-130
September 20,2012- First NOA
September 25,2012- I-130 transferred to another office for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case.
May 18, 2013- NOA2

NVC

February 21,2014- Case Complete

MONTREAL EMBASSY

April 14,2014- Interview (Administrative Review for passport renewal)

June 17,2014- Visa Listed as Issued

June 20,2014- Visa In Hand

July 27,2014- Port Of Entry

I just wished there was some closure to this whole process. Bringing over a husband, wife, brother, sister, or any family member is a big deal. We all want to be close to our loved ones, so it's natural to be upset. This is the reason we all have our hopes high yet because the USCIS doesn't give any specifics, we're left in the dark to guess. I wish we all had some sort of way to find out the specifics of our cases without having to shoot darts in the dark. It would be much less stressful if the USCIS updated more than just "your case has been transferred at a USCIS office" or "you will be notified of any changes". I think it should have something like "your case has been transferred to such and such USCIS office..." etc. So many people try to call and find out where their cases are, what's the status but get no answers or the typical "wait 60 days" answer. :blink: I don't know if that is asking for too much.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

I understand you Mina90!We are also still waiting for any news from them,RFE,NOA2 whatever really at this point.We did file from abroad so we were hoping of getting it a little bit faster.I have seen ppl that filed from US and abroad later than us getting approved so fast.Not that I am not happy for them,but it's so frustrating not knowing what they are doing over there.The last time we spoke to an ISO he told us that are case is still at NBC,which probably is where it is going to stay till the end because we don't have a local office since we put our foreign address on all the forms. I really don't know when it's going to happen,all I can do is check it every single day lol actually few times a day :) and hope that the damn status is going to change from being transfered to something else.Also I wish I knew what dates are they processing at NBC at this point,but there is no way to find out I guess :(

06/02/12 Married

USCIS

09/17/12 I-130 sent
09/21/12 NOA1 recieved via e-mail (CSC)

09/27/12 NOA1 hardcopy recieved
09/27/12 Case transferred to another office for processing (Jurisdiction)
10/03/12 Received notice of transfer. Transferred to NBC in Missouri
10/03/12 Checked USCIS.gov/Notice of transfer to another USCIS office for processing
12/19/12 NOA2!!!!!

01/07/2013 NVC recieves the case
01/24/2013 Got the Case and IIN #
01/24/2012 E-mailed DS-3032

01/24/2013 AOS bill invoiced
02/07/2013 DS-3032 e-mail accepted
04/15/2013 AOS and IV fees payed

05/15/2013 AOS and IV packages sent

05/29/2013 CASE COMPLETE

06/04/2013 Interview date set for July 30th 2013

07/27/2013 Medical completed

07/30/2013 Interview APPROVED!!!!!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I haven't been waiting as long as you all but I have been researching this with my husband for a long time and I agree that there should be more transparency on the part of these agencies towards us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.