9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Dear All,

Since I just joined Visa Journey...I would like to thank everyone in here helping us through our process, answering ours questions and more...

I would like to know what is the shortest way to be with my soulmate..Should we go for a K1 or a CR1 since the K3 is obsolete (By the way, I just find out that reading somes topics on VJ!!So thanks VJ :) )

So here is the context :

My fiance (Moroccan naturalized USC on October 2012) and I (Moroccan) are planning to get married in Casablanca as soon as possible after almost 9 years of relationship.Both our families are on site.

We met in Morocco during summer after High School and moved in Europe to study.After 4 years in Paris,he has been selected on the DV lottery and went to the US with a Green Card.I stayed in France to finish my master's degree and just returned to the motherland earlier this year.

To not jeopardize our futur and be stuck in procedures according to process times we decided to wait for his naturalization to get maried.Now here we are...

Pleaaaase, I am desperate and begging for answers!

Could you help us with our choice to finally be together again and forget about the five past years of being apart.We are scared to make the wrong choice and be apart much longer! :'(

We can not stand this situation any longer (Emotionally and financially because of all the trips we've made this past 5 years to see each other (3/4 times/year!))

Also I would like to know if my 10 Years Visa will be suspended once we start the process...

Thank you very much in advance for your prompt answers and wish you the best of luck in your own journey!

May God bless you all!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

What 10 year visa do you currently have?

Casablanca is a high fraud consulate so it might be best to just go out swinging with the CR1. There are people on this forum that have been denied the K1. Also, with current processing times the CR1 is taking 3 months or more less than the K1.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

What 10 year visa do you currently have?

Casablanca is a high fraud consulate so it might be best to just go out swinging with the CR1. There are people on this forum that have been denied the K1. Also, with current processing times the CR1 is taking 3 months or more less than the K1.

Hi Nola123,

Thanks for your quick answer, I really appreciate :)

Yes, Unfortunately I read that!But according to our "history" we can easily prove that this is not an Immigration fraud attempt (photos, boarding passes, affidavits from friends and family etc.)and aply for a K-1...We just want to be together asap!

But if you think that a CR1 is fastest I think we should consider it and go for this option..My fiance is thinking like you :)

And to answer you question, I have a B2 visa (tourist) valid until 2019.I am afraid of being stuck in Morocco and not visit him during this whole process (some people waited for almost 2 years, some more than that so I heard!!)

Thanks again for your feedback!

Timeline

According to your OP, you're planning to marry in Casablanca, therefore you need to go CR-1 route.

K-1 is for people who intend to marry in the U.S.

Hi Tygrys,

Yes I know the K1 is to get married in the US.

If the K1 is the fastest process, both our families will go with me there to get married...

Like I said we don't know which procedure choose...either get married in Casablanca then apply for a CR1 or in Cali after beeing granted a K1.We can't stay apart any longer!

Thanks for you answer btw :)

Sorry, but K1 visa is not even an option for you. You said your fiance is a green card holder. K1 visa is only applicable for the fiance of a citizen, not a permanent resident. Make sure you read the guides. I do not know enough about filing as a permanent resident to give you advice, but I do believe you will have a bit of a longer wait than a citizen normally would. As for your visitor's visa, you may have issues at the POE once you are married. They may consider you too much of an immigration risk to enter the country, unless you can prove very strong ties to Morocco. Good luck to you.

Jackie

Timeline

Sorry, but K1 visa is not even an option for you. You said your fiance is a green card holder. K1 visa is only applicable for the fiance of a citizen, not a permanent resident. Make sure you read the guides. I do not know enough about filing as a permanent resident to give you advice, but I do believe you will have a bit of a longer wait than a citizen normally would. As for your visitor's visa, you may have issues at the POE once you are married. They may consider you too much of an immigration risk to enter the country, unless you can prove very strong ties to Morocco. Good luck to you.

Jackie

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for your answer regarding my B2 Visa!I was thinking like you...

My fiance is a USC not a green card holder.Guess you got lost in my story :)

Best of luck

G.

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for your answer regarding my B2 Visa!I was thinking like you...

My fiance is a USC not a green card holder.Guess you got lost in my story :)

Best of luck

G.

Sorry, I did get lost in the story and missed your fiance was now a citizen. In that case, K1 may be faster, however once you are here you won't be able to work or in many states get a drivers license until you have your AOS or EAD. But if you have your heart set on marrying in Morocco, you will have to stick with the CR1. Either way travel to the US may be tricky until you are done.

Good luck to you :)

Timeline

As long as you are able to convince the Customs Officer that you will return home after entering the US then you would have no problems using your B2 visa to visit. many persons including myself have had no problems doing so.

Petitioner LPR upgraded to USC June 22, 2012
August 22, 2012: case complete
October 18, 2012: Interview (APPROVED)
October 26, 2012: Picked up visa from DHL (delay caused by Sandy)
December 15, 2012: POE Atlanta....................became USC July 2016!!!!

Mothers' Journey (My sister is the petitioner)

September 10, 2013: Sent I-130 (UPS next day service)

September 12, 2013: Received text to confirm delivery

September 16, 2013: Received NOA 1

March 22, 2014: Received NOA 2

April 8, 2014: File Received by NVC

May 26, 2015: Interview (approved)..........now LPR (delays caused by 2 RFE)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.