MarkMM

Pictures of ex-wife

24 posts in this topic

I'm not the jealous type, it's the other around with ours.

You have kids together so that should be understandable but then again, women are women LOL they make a big deal out of nothing, down to a hang nail

Hand the photos to your kids and give in to the wife's wishes, end of story

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

hehehe.. i can relate... before i came here i told him that i don't want to see pictures of her X hanging on the wall or picture frames display and in fairness to him really there is none but one time when i am searching what's in his garage i saw a bunch of albums in a big container but i didn't get mad at him bcoz i know it's his past but what i did i threw most of the pictures with his x-wife but pictures with x-wife with kids i didn't throw it bcoz i thought that someday the kids wants to see old pictures of their family too, what i did i put all together their pictures with their mom and dad in one album... it's a big deal for me if he is hiding pictures of her x-wife in his wallet lol.... i will really get mad for sure... :lol:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I refused to sleep in my husband's room in his parent's house because he and his ex-gf did things on that bed. It doesn't matter that it was years ago before he even met me. It's really illogical from any sane person's standpoint but not to me so he never asked me to stay there. He has two options, he could be right or he could have a happy wife. He chose the latter. I think it's a wise decision. :rofl:

:thumbs: Happy wife equals happy life

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

hehehe.. i can relate... before i came here i told him that i don't want to see pictures of her X hanging on the wall or picture frames display and in fairness to him really there is none but one time when i am searching what's in his garage i saw a bunch of albums in a big container but i didn't get mad at him bcoz i know it's his past but what i did i threw most of the pictures with his x-wife but pictures with x-wife with kids i didn't throw it bcoz i thought that someday the kids wants to see old pictures of their family too, what i did i put all together their pictures with their mom and dad in one album... it's a big deal for me if he is hiding pictures of her x-wife in his wallet lol.... i will really get mad for sure... :lol:

Wish my wife was confiding in you when she found old pictures of my ex :bonk: :bonk: :bonk::rofl:

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Hello, I'll do my best to keep this short. My wife (who's from the Philippines) and I have been married for about 1 year and a half. Her CR-1 Visa was finished back in September of this year and she arrived here in the U.S. a week later. We've been living together since then. Today she looked through two old shoe boxes that were full of pictures...mostly from my childhood but also in there were pictures from my previous marriage (it's been 18 years since they were taken). I didn't try to hide these pictures, the boxes were sitting on the bookshelf and have been for months. To me, I don't really care to keep them but I thought my children (from that previous marriage) might want them when they get older (they're teens now). She was very mad that I still have pictures of my ex-wife, even though I didn't mind that she still has a few pictures of her and her ex-boyfriend from a few years ago. I told her "It's your past and it's ok to keep some pics".

My question is... was I wrong to keep them? Who, if either of us, is in the wrong here?

Thanks and I appreciate any response.

Neither is in the wrong or the right. It's just one of those marriage adjustment things. Just tell her, you really had not thought about them and offer to get rid of them if it offends her. It should blow over quickly.

My wife found a thumb drive, I had forgot about with pictures of one of my ex- dates. They were pictures that were not for public consumption.. She was really mad and hurt for a bit, but I explained it was before we meet, and she eventually forgave. i had to buy new bedroom furniture because of it. She refused to ever sleep in that bed again.

Welcome to TAMPO. I haven't had the pleasure to encounter an episode from my wife as yet :devil:

Just wait. I hate those things. I would rather her just get mad and fuss at me. My wife is a gem and has very few, but sometimes they last 24 hours. She just pouts and does not talk to me when she has them. Drives me nuts.

I wil ladd she has never had one that I did not cause or that was not justified.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:lol:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

We Filipinas are sooooo emotional when it comes to EX's its our nature being SELOSA/Jealous type

In my case my hubby knows me well that he get rid of whatever memorabilia of his ex's..

There is no right and wrong from the 2 of you it's just a small misunderstanding.. If she wont talk then

Just leave her a letter with flowers and chocolates. :innocent:

Absolutely well said, filipina's are a little funny this way. It could have been a girlfriend that you had before she was even born and she will have a problem with it. One month ago we had a pretty good blow-out over this same thing. She was looking through all of her pics in my computer and came across a couple I thought were gone. They were pics of when I worked in Bangkok and had a gf and a pic of a girl I met when I was working in Ethiopia. The pic in Ethiopia I was kissing the girl and the pic in Bangkok is when I was in bed waking up and only boxers on. You would have thought the world was going to end. I have lived in the Phils, quite a few of my friends are married to filipina's and I know absolutely the things I shouldn't do and this was one of them.

I had an external hard drive that went bad and after 1 hour messing with it I could finally download the info so dowloaded all of it. Forgot there were pics in there. HEr point was She knows about my past but its my responsibility to make sure there were no pics to remind her of it. It took days for her to get the images out of her mind, lol. Ya right, she will remember FOREVER! Filipina's never forget!

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Timeline

I would stop thinking right or wrong... there is no right or wrong in a relationship everyone is so different. I personally keep all that stuff in a safe deposit box but it's hard to make the past vanish. She'll get over it... My fiance freaked out about girls I'd post pictures with on facebook, so I just stopped posting the pictures. To me it's logical that if you're trying to do something bad you will try to hide it and if you do it in the open it must not be that bad, but I guess that doesn't work for everyone. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.