Married_my_love

Interview, packet 4, and reflections on this journey

10 posts in this topic

Just sitting here reminiscing over our immigration mystery tour..... received our Packet 4 today and our interview is Nov 22. 4 full applications/petitions, including one to Canada, and we are (almost) finally settled. I don't even want to add up the $$ it'll make me ill (you can do the math (2) I-130s, (1) K3, (1) Canada PR, 2 medicals, etc).

I haven't posted too much on this subject, but I've been living out of 2 suitcases since my arrival July 1. All of my belongings, keepsakes, furniture, etc. are in storage. My family is in a serious crisis right now.... haven't wanted to post much because I'm a bit private about this, but it involves my niece's cancer. It was clear to me (quickly) that I should have never left home, and I never fully "moved" here. When we received notice back in what, July, that our original I130 got magically approved (even though we withdrew) I saw it as a sign. Spent 2 months trying to resurrect that app, and finally gave up and DCFd.

It's been nice to have spent time with my husband (finally), but also a bit stressful under the circumstances.... I figure if we could make it thru these last 5 mos, we can conquer anything.

Since our interview is the day before US Thanksgiving, we'll obviously not be getting visa until the following week. Going to stay in Montreal the next day and tour around since it's costing us $480 for train tickets....try and make that worth the while. Got us booked at Le Square Phillips today....

Married 12-30-05

Started our visa journey Jan 06.

01-06 - I-130, K3 shortly after

04-06 - switched to Canada Immigration

07-06 - Moved to Canada (PR almost complete)

07-06 - Changed again, back to US imm.

09-06 - Landed as Canadian PR

10-06 - DCF Toronto, Approved in 1.5 hrs!

11-06 - Interview Montreal (success!)

I-130

10-05-06 DCF in Toronto - Approved

10-19-06 Packet 3 received & sent back

10-20-06 Montreal receives P3

11-03-06 Packet 4 received

11-06-06 Medical

11-22-06 Interview / Visa approved

11-26-06 heading home, 6 day drive, my oh my

HOME SWEET HOME

10.24.08 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

Delivered at 9:03 AM on October 25, 2008

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

12.06.08 Biometrics Appt.

12.19.08 Received new Drivers License extended to 2011

03.12.09 Received CONGRATULATIONS letter - Card on the way!!

03.20.09 Received his SHINY new card. WOO HOOOOOOO

YAY!! We can take a break from this madness until Citizenship.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

This has been the strangest of years for many people. Is it something in the stars? Or the numerology of it all? You probably put your finger on the reason why it all came to us: if we can survive this, we can survive anything.

There's no point having any regrets. Maya Angelou said something to this effect: we made the best decisions we could, based on what we knew at the time. But now that we know better, we can do better.

I'm sorry about your niece's illness. The silver lining may be that it brings family back together. Before the end of this wacky year, you'll be home again, with great stories to tell about your adventures up north. Tell them you saw snow in July and that Canucks eat whale blubber for breakfast. They'll believe you!

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
This has been the strangest of years for many people. Is it something in the stars? Or the numerology of it all? You probably put your finger on the reason why it all came to us: if we can survive this, we can survive anything.

Indeed. We've been on quite the roller coaster since the summer of 05 when Joe's mom was diagnosed with kidney cancer, went in for surgery and almost didn't make it, and about two weeks later Joe was found inadmissible to Canada, then I took on a management position at a place where staff kept quitting right around my scheduled time off causing me to have to cancel many trips, and then of course this whole visa process. It's been a rough year, but now I have no doubts that we'll make it.

Married_my_love, I'm so sorry about your niece's illness and everything you and your husband has been going through. Soon it will be over, she will be better and this process will be finished. People say to me all the time: "one day you'll look back on this and laugh", and while I doubt we'll ever laugh over it, it does wonders to think about a time when this year is long, long past.

Thanks you guys. I was so melancholy when I wrote that post. Most people get to the interview stage and do the happy :dance: dance, and instead I had some sort of 10 month flashback... reviewing it all at once and thinking how ridiculous it all was, especially in the finance department! ... and also mad at myself that I had ever thought to leave my family at all.

I just wanted to be with my husband so bad and hearing that CIC was moving quick, etc. Husband gets the great job offer up here, it seemed like "signs", and then all the signs fell down almost immediately and arrows all pointed the other way!

Anyways, it is water under the bridge. Move ahead, start the countdown to 2007 and know that until the conditions removal, we'll be (kinda) done with immigration at least for a bit.

Canucks eat whale blubber... :lol: you always post the funniest stuff JG!

and I do hope we can look back and laugh at our first 6 mos, on this cheesy air mattress with no furniture, it can only get better. :thumbs:

Married 12-30-05

I-130

11-06-06 Medical

HOME SWEET HOME

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ha! What I wouldn't give to be rolling around on a cheesy air mattress with the best lover of my life, whom I haven't seen since March!

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Ha! What I wouldn't give to be rolling around on a cheesy air mattress with the best lover of my life, whom I haven't seen since March!

I promise I'm not complaining about the company! If you've spent much time on one, let's just say I will be giving my chiropractor a lot of business when I get home.

Married 12-30-05

I-130

11-06-06 Medical

HOME SWEET HOME

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

Filed: Timeline

I promise I'm not complaining about the company! If you've spent much time on one, let's just say I will be giving my chiropractor a lot of business when I get home.

Sweetie pie!!! I am just beggining the process, but I am sure at the end, when one day we all wake up (for those separated like our beloved JerseyGirl) next to The One, and are at home, all this sh@@@t will be part of our memoirs.

Sorry to hear about your niece. For me, the most important thing in life is family. Right now, we are both in Canada, his parents in Mercer Island, mine in Mexico City. Hang in there sweets!!!! (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I haven't posted too much on this subject, but I've been living out of 2 suitcases since my arrival July 1. All of my belongings, keepsakes, furniture, etc. are in storage. My family is in a serious crisis right now.... haven't wanted to post much because I'm a bit private about this, but it involves my niece's cancer. It was clear to me (quickly) that I should have never left home, and I never fully "moved" here. When we received notice back in what, July, that our original I130 got magically approved (even though we withdrew) I saw it as a sign. Spent 2 months trying to resurrect that app, and finally gave up and DCFd.

Aw. I'm sorry to hear about this. My family was in a similar crisis a couple of years ago. I know you aren't posting details, just wanted to say you are in my thoughts. (F)

oh, I can also relate to the living out of 2 suitcases thing. Since late July for me. I've adjusted to it though, and I am evenwondering if I could live with a lot less in the future. Maybe I should unpack a few boxes and have a giant garage sale.

Edited by hockeygal

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Hope you are now looking forward to your interview and getting this part of your life on go again! Good luck with all your future. Your situation definetly doesn't allow you to take anything in life for granted with neither your family or your husband. (F)

K1 Journey:

April 13/06 NOA1 from NSC

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

August 12/06 APPROVED - NOA2!!

August 28/06 Left NVC. . . Vancouver Bound!

September 27/06 Interview APPROVED, with visa in hand

October 29/06 Moving Date

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

January 16/07 Sent out AOS, EAD, and AP docs

January 23/07 NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP

February 13/07 Biometrics in Portland, OR

April 7/07 EAD and AP Received

April 24/07 Interview Scheduled . . . and APPROVED, stamp and all!

May 7/07 Greencard is in my hands!

ROC Journey:

February 17/09 Sent I-751 to CSC

February 18/09 NOA1

March 14/09 Biometrics appt.

April 22/09 Date of Approval!!

June 25/09 Greencard arrives in the mail!

*Everything I post is just my .02 cents, seek a lawyer for anything beyond that.*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.