RebeccaS

HELP with major questions!!!!!!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, I study much, this EP thingie for Guangzhou.

Luckily, Yemen is exactly the same.

Interestingly, though, I wrote to Rebecca about it in her prior topic, so it's good she's coming along ..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

ok heres the thing. i signed into the consular electronic application center on the national visa center website. and you type in ur nvc case# and ur IIN number. its shows me that my IV fee have been paid and my receipt for it. it also shows me that my AOS fee has been paid and my receipt for that. it tells me that the next step i have to do is fill out DS-260 (not DS-230) and all supporting documents and photocopies and etc be sent to the address listed that they gave me.

i know that Yemen isn't on the list of countries allowed to fill out a DS-260 but it says in my sign in page that that's what i do. does that sound right to some people because i've been hearing different things that i should do?

I'm just going with that route because it's the directions they gave me maybe it pertains to my husbands country. i'm guessing different countries have their own way foro their visa journey.

But my next question is, after i submit DS-260 electronically and the civil documents and photocopies with translations, is the next thing they allow me to fill out is the AOS. because it's not shown that i can enter and fill out the i-864. so i'm guessing that's after i submit my IV package.

Thanks so much for your responses, You wouldn't believe how much you guys and this website has helped me. :)

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

Darnell is correct. I'm speaking from experience. I sent all my physical copies to NVC as they were transitioning to electronic processing for Yemen and they lost my originals for many months. It was such an ordeal. Do not send in your originals!!! Everything is electronic including the police certificate which needs translation and must be registered with the yemeni government.

There are two tracks to follow, the IV and AOS. For the IV packet, you fill out the DS 260 and submit the required civil documents electronically. It seems that you have already done this. For the AOS packet, you pay the IV bill and follow instructions to submit electronically to NVC the AOS supporting documents to the nvcelectronic email. I believe these are two separate paths and you can submit the AOS packet anytime.

After all is said and done and they have reviewed both, your case will be complete and you will join the long wait list as many of us. Good Luck.

Edited by Brooklyn Man

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.