Micky - Sabri

our yisa

52 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i have waited since feb for our fiancee visa.i have frinds that applyed after i did and already have their visa.i called the cairo office but they wont let you tslk to any consulars. does any one know who i could ask for in the us embassy there in cairo :help:

Micky- Sabri

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll get anywhere telephoning the Embassy. We've been in limbo since March. Email the Embassy with your inquiries or call the Department of State. It's about all you can do and as you know they won't tell you much. Have you contacted your senator for assistance?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Your information in your post says you filed a CR-1 ....is this correct? Did you file for Fiance Visa K-1? Maybe if you provide a little more information someone can help you. My husband went through the Cairo Embassy. I would be more than happy to help you.

1. Exactly what visa did you file?

2. Have you recieved anything in the mail?

Hope to help you , inshaAllah.

Your information in your post says you filed a CR-1 ....is this correct? Did you file for Fiance Visa K-1? Maybe if you provide a little more information someone can help you. My husband went through the Cairo Embassy. I would be more than happy to help you.

1. Exactly what visa did you file?

2. Have you recieved anything in the mail?

Hope to help you , inshaAllah.

JUST READ YOUR TIMELINE, YOUR CASE WILL BE DIFFERENT BECAUSE YOU ACTUALLY GOT MARRIED IN EGYPT. CR-1 VISA IS WHAT YOUR FILING NOW. I WOULD E-MAIL THE EMBASSY AND ASK THEM FOR AN UPDATE ON YOUR CASE. I HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT FOR YOU.(INSHAALLAH)

January 16, 2013 - I-129F Petition Sent USPS
January 22, 2013 - Petition Delivery Confirmed
January 25, 2013 - NOA1 Email and Text Confirmation
January 30, 2013 - "Touched" Alien Number Generated
January 31, 2013 - NOA1 Letter Received via "snail mail"
June 21, 2013 - Transferred from Vermont

July 6, 2013 - Actual Approval but error did not generate our NOA2

July 17, 2013 - Service Request via USCIS (6 months)

July 22, 2013 - Approval affirmed via USCIS.gov new NOA2 generated

August 2013 - NVC Case # Generated

August 28, 2013 - Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

September 2013 - Medical Complete

October 22, 2013 - Packet returned complete to Embassy via DHL

February 2014 - Interview letter received

March 24, 2014- Interview - EGYPT

April 4 & 7, 2014 - Case Touched Twice - Requested Expedite due to Beneficiary's Mothers Passing (4/1/14)

April 7, 2014 - Passport sent to Embassy via DHL

April 14, 2014 - VISA Received

April 18, 2014 - Flight to USA

July 11, 2014 - MARRIED!!!!

August ,2015 - AOS finally filed ;-)

August ,2015 - RFE

September 2015 - Returned RFE information

November ,2015 - EAD Approved

November ,2015 - EAD Received

December ,2015- AOS Approved

December ,2015- 2 year Green Card Received

November 13, 2016 my little brother passed away :-(

December ,2017 Lift conditions InshaAllah

Timeline
Unfortunately, I don't think you'll get anywhere telephoning the Embassy. We've been in limbo since March. Email the Embassy with your inquiries or call the Department of State. It's about all you can do and as you know they won't tell you much. Have you contacted your senator for assistance?

i first filed for a fiancee visa in dec2005 and that is still pending in cairo. then we got married in feb 2006 and then in aug i filed a spousal visa . i got my reciept number but did not get a case number as of yet . they said it will take 4 to 6 months for this.but cairo is still working on our fiANCEE VISA.its been since june 26 that he has had his interview and are getting really pissed about the whole waiting thing :angry:

Micky- Sabri

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This is a very odd situation. Did you tell Cairo at your interview that you had already gotten married legally and filed for a marriage based visa? From my understanding, you cannot get a fiance visa after you've been legally married.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline
This is a very odd situation. Did you tell Cairo at your interview that you had already gotten married legally and filed for a marriage based visa? From my understanding, you cannot get a fiance visa after you've been legally married.

my husband had the interview and didnt tell them we were married . but they know because i sent them emails stating that.they should knowanyway we are registerd and they keep going with the fiancee visa. eithier they are dumb or just plain lazy to look it up

Micky- Sabri

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My guess is that they've put the fiance visa on hold now, since it is only for legally unmarried parties to enter the US and get married.

Email the embassy and ask them what's up. Explain that you filed 2 different visas, that you had the interview, and you are wondering if the fiance visa has been shelved.

When did you send them emails saying you were married? Your husband should have told them up front at his interview that you were married. I think this will cause a lot of problems, because if he refered to you as his fiance, he was lying at the interview.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
My guess is that they've put the fiance visa on hold now, since it is only for legally unmarried parties to enter the US and get married.

Email the embassy and ask them what's up. Explain that you filed 2 different visas, that you had the interview, and you are wondering if the fiance visa has been shelved.

When did you send them emails saying you were married? Your husband should have told them up front at his interview that you were married. I think this will cause a lot of problems, because if he refered to you as his fiance, he was lying at the interview.

I'm no expert/attorney, but I think it's a bigger issue than that. Why would you file a fiance visa and then marry 2 months later? It sure wouldn't speed up anything. To have married and and continued to persue a fiance visa when you were no longer fiances may (not saying it will) be construed as fraud. My understanding is that once you marry, the fiance visa is void and you must restart the process. So if the spouse visa was just filed in August of this year, then it sounds like it is within timelines and not unreasonably delayed. I think the new peition has to be approved again in the USA and then forwarded to the embassy , as if it were a new case. But someone with more knowledge may come along and correct me. I suppose all you can do at this point is follow through with the advice already given and email the embassy to make sure of what is going on. Good luck to you in finding a solution and getting reunited with your husband.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i first filed for a fiancee visa in dec2005 and that is still pending in cairo. then we got married in feb 2006 and then in aug i filed a spousal visa . i got my reciept number but did not get a case number as of yet . they said it will take 4 to 6 months for this.but cairo is still working on our fiANCEE VISA.its been since june 26 that he has had his interview and are getting really pissed about the whole waiting thing :angry:

You need to make sure the embassy knows you are married and cancel your fiance petition.

my husband had the interview and didnt tell them we were married . but they know because i sent them emails stating that.they should knowanyway we are registerd and they keep going with the fiancee visa. eithier they are dumb or just plain lazy to look it up

Why on earth did your husband have an interview for a fiance visa when you are married and your spousal visa hasn't been approved in the US?

YOU NEED TO TELL THEM YOU CAN'T JUST SAY THEY ARE TOO LAZY TO LOOK IT UP!

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

You need to make sure the embassy knows you are married and cancel your fiance petition.

Why on earth did your husband have an interview for a fiance visa when you are married and your spousal visa hasn't been approved in the US?

we had the interview appointment way before we got married. we have been waiting since feb got the interview in june and then we told them we got married after the interview.my senator sent them a letter regaurding our case. and they know we are married

Micky- Sabri

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

My understanding is that once you married your fiance visa is no longer pending. It is cancelled. You have to now go off of your timeline from when you filed the Spouse visa, which I believe was Aug. So your wait thus far is not unreasonable. Why did you abaondon the fiance visa that was already in process to start over again??

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

we had the interview appointment way before we got married. we have been waiting since feb got the interview in june and then we told them we got married after the interview.my senator sent them a letter regaurding our case. and they know we are married

I really am confused. You stated you were married in Feb of 2006. Then you said you were married well after your interview in June. :huh:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

you knwo u need to withdraw your K1 petition and file a CR1 or K3. the terms of the K1 is strictly to allow your fiance to come to the US to marry you IN THE USA. the K1 is defunct now and its probably taking them awhile to figure it out.

what exactly is your senator helping you with? Your visa application is defunct. period.

Timeline
you knwo u need to withdraw your K1 petition and file a CR1 or K3. the terms of the K1 is strictly to allow your fiance to come to the US to marry you IN THE USA. the K1 is defunct now and its probably taking them awhile to figure it out.

what exactly is your senator helping you with? Your visa application is defunct. period.

he is helping me with our spousal visa.the embassy know we are waiting on our casenumber from the uscis which they got our petition on aug 7 and i still dont have a case number

Micky- Sabri

• 6 months later...
Timeline
i have waited since feb for our fiancee visa.i have frinds that applyed after i did and already have their visa.i called the cairo office but they wont let you tslk to any consulars. does any one know who i could ask for in the us embassy there in cairo :help:

we finally got approved june 5 2007 from the california center . it was in vermont sug 2006 to may6 . that is when they transferred it to the calif. center. vermont center was back logged for a long time so i sent letters to everyone including the vice president and did get a letter back from him with in 2 weeks . he contacted the dos about my case. we are on our way now :dance:

Micky- Sabri

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.