LAAAAAA

Please HELP!!!!

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The OP did not say she tested positive for pot. She just admitted to using it during the past 2 years. If she tests negative, and the doctor does not put her verbal answer into the record, she has a good shot. The interview is where this will come up or not.

An admission of use still carries a one year ban at our embassy

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Okay also to state im not going to get into the rights and wrongs about drug use, but just ways to circumvent the system to get us thru this. If lieing gets my baby here then thats what we will do. I ask if she can take another medical because if so we know what we have to do come question time. If the medical exams arnt electronically sent then no one knows. The only proof that they have of all of this is the packet she has in her hands. Thats what I really want to know. If she could do it over we still have time for another medical but can we do it is the question. Will they know that we did.

The medical packet is sealed, and if it is tampered with is a denial.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: TD Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

We are going the honest route. I would just like to know if admission is automatic denial. I have advised her to be honest at the interview. I have read though if she is suspected of drugs is it not true that they will require her to have a psy exam?

We are going the honest route. I would just like to know if admission is automatic denial. I have advised her to be honest at the interview. I have read though if she is suspected of drugs is it not true that they will require her to have a psy exam?

Calm down a bit. What's done is done. Best thing as you've come to realise is honesty.

Find out from other VJ members, contact the embassy or Google for info on what are the rules of the Colombian embassy on prior/current drug use and if smoking weed carries any form of ban. Because Jamaica has a strong history in marijuana use they take it seriously and give automatic 1yr bans for recent use. Find out what goes for Colombia.

I'm no way a professional but my logic is pshyc evaluations are for folks with a history of mental illness or those who abuse drugs quite heavily.

I don't think your fiance will be denied. Good luck.

Come back and let us know how it went.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Medical is sealed. Yes, they drug test you. If she lies, they'll know and she'll be denied and banned. If she admits, it'll be a 1 year band and she'll get drug tested during that year (that's the standard. Check your embassy for specific rules). So, it's up to you: forever ban or a year?

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

The physician will attach to the form I-693 a table entitled “Reporting Results of Evaluation for Psychoactive Substance" and if the individual admit is currently using or has used marijuana or any other drug in the past three years then the physician will classify with "class A", it means the individual will be declared inadmissible,if the individual admit the use of controlled substance but did not used in the past 3 years than the classification will be "class B" and it should not be declared inadmissible.If they declare her inadmissible then she may submit a waiver,but because the use of marijuana is recent they probably will deny her waiver.Good luck.

Timeline

I think a lot of personal opinion and not fact are clouding this thread. People are also misunderstanding the situation. 1st my fiancee has not tested positive for any substances. She admitted to using marijuana twice in the past 2 years during the medical exam. I would just like to know is admitting to drug use during the medical automatic grounds for visa refusal. If she goes to the interview and is honest what proof do they have that she has done drugs besides her admission during the medical. I want to keep this honest but I'd like to hear from someone in a similar situation. I know in Colombia the law is that Marijuana is decriminalized and that people can consume but not sell or distribute. So if it is legal for her to use there will it bar her during the interview because it is illegal in America.

Timeline

The physician will attach to the form I-693 a table entitled “Reporting Results of Evaluation for Psychoactive Substance" and if the individual admit is currently using or has used marijuana or any other drug in the past three years then the physician will classify with "class A", it means the individual will be declared inadmissible,if the individual admit the use of controlled substance but did not used in the past 3 years than the classification will be "class B" and it should not be declared inadmissible.If they declare her inadmissible then she may submit a waiver,but because the use of marijuana is recent they probably will deny her waiver.Good luck.

Thank You best answer I have recieved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think a lot of personal opinion and not fact are clouding this thread. People are also misunderstanding the situation. 1st my fiancee has not tested positive for any substances. She admitted to using marijuana twice in the past 2 years during the medical exam. I would just like to know is admitting to drug use during the medical automatic grounds for visa refusal. If she goes to the interview and is honest what proof do they have that she has done drugs besides her admission during the medical. I want to keep this honest but I'd like to hear from someone in a similar situation. I know in Colombia the law is that Marijuana is decriminalized and that people can consume but not sell or distribute. So if it is legal for her to use there will it bar her during the interview because it is illegal in America.

I think mostly everyone here has told you it depends on your Embassy and he/she cannot re-take the medical now to take back their statement. In some Embassies (like Jamaica), an automatic 1 year ban is given (used to be 3 years once) if there was ADMISSION to marijuana use in the PAST and/or if the test returns positive. Was your fiance given a urine test also? Best to have faith and hope for the best at the interview. No-one here can say for sure how that will impact the outcome of the interview.

Edited by islandgal

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Do they test for drugs during the medical? They did a blood test and gave her vaccinations. The only thing pertaining to drugs was the doctors questions which she answered truthfully. She was not required to do anything further. She has her packet and was not referred to do anything else except go to the interview. Im sorry about my moral compass but a situation of love will make u do anything. I think we are going to let it be and see what happens during the interview. I did not see any questions on the 156k or ds230 part one pertaining to drugs so there is nothing that she has to admit there. If it comes up on the interview she is going to answer honestly. She will also go to the doctor and get a drug test to show she does not have drugs in here system and bring the results and a letter with her if they do ask. I just hope that admitting it is not an automatic denial but from everything that ive been reading it seems that it is the case.

they dont test for drugs.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

What is done is done. You cannot change what happened. Do not compound this by trying to change anything or lying. That is the worst offense. They will not do any medical of any kind at the interview.

The medical report will be reviewed before your fiancee even steps foot into the embassy.Some opinions about being issued a visa will be formed before hand.

There will only be 3 outcomes.

1. she will be outright denied

2. She will be approved

3. she will be given an opportunity to further explain herself.

Be prepared for all three. If the medical report shows negative, but does show a verbal admittance of past usage, and she is asked to explain herself, I hope that saying that she indulged with friends some 2 years ago at a party but never did it again ( only as an example..speak the truth here)it is possible the CO may give her the benefit of the doubt. It is really up to the CO to make the call.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here's one example of admitting marijuana use, but still approved. Look at the poster's timeline and consulate review. Only thing this was Mexico. Jamaica is a different animal unfortunately. Columbia may be similar to Mexico.....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/372437-praying-for-a-miracle/

Edited by islandgal

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Posted in the wrong Portal.

In Lao, the medical exam will provide you with the big brown envelope/Chest X-Ray, a document that you were vaccinated, with dates. Proceed to the interview where most likely they don't even care about that stuff! I would not be worried if the information was given verbally.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.