LAAAAAA

Please HELP!!!!

31 posts in this topic

Filed: TD Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Hey VJ,

Im in need of some desperate advice. My fiancee just had her medical exam and she answered truthfully to smoking marijuana twice in the past 2 years. Ive been trying to research everything we could do to get around this fact, but all I can see is that if you admit to doing drugs even if you dont abuse it you are getting denied and may not apply for 3 years. My question is can she take another medical exam before the interview? Are the medical exams electronically submitted to the embassy when they are completed? Does the admission of doing drugs result in automatic denial? Please anyones help will be much appreciated. Im just a wreck and she is in tears. Sometimes its better to lie. We have out interview on the 27th and i dont know what to do.

It is NEVER better to lie no matter what the outcome may be. From those that have tested positive for marijuana during the medical they were told that they had to come back after one year, so it is not 3 years if she does indeed test positive. Now will she get denied because she admitted it, not sure, hopefully another member has experienced that or read something somewhere about it, that can better answer your question. But from what I have seen of it was a denial based on testing positive. I suggest you search on here and read up on what the process was for those that were denied for this reason, so that if it does happen in your case you will know what steps to take.

Edited by reese1

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey VJ,

Im in need of some desperate advice. My fiancee just had her medical exam and she answered truthfully to smoking marijuana twice in the past 2 years. Ive been trying to research everything we could do to get around this fact, but all I can see is that if you admit to doing drugs even if you dont abuse it you are getting denied and may not apply for 3 years. My question is can she take another medical exam before the interview? Are the medical exams electronically submitted to the embassy when they are completed? Does the admission of doing drugs result in automatic denial? Please anyones help will be much appreciated. Im just a wreck and she is in tears. Sometimes its better to lie. We have out interview on the 27th and i dont know what to do.

Not sure about Columbia, but in our embassy, it is an automatic 1 year ban. Even if she lied, there are still drug tests to prove different.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

The OP did not say she tested positive for pot. She just admitted to using it during the past 2 years. If she tests negative, and the doctor does not put her verbal answer into the record, she has a good shot. The interview is where this will come up or not.

Not sure about Columbia, but in our embassy, it is an automatic 1 year ban. Even if she lied, there are still drug tests to prove different.

To the Op this is exactly why lying can cause more damage than help.

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A second medical? For what? To say she was mistaken and she did not in fact smoke pot in the past 2 years?

Sorry, you can't take that back, but I have seen where the admission did not result in a denial

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

I would only ask her to take a 2nd medical so she can recant her statement. I just dont know what to do. My back is against the wall. Is her admission grounds enough for an automatic denial. Does the ultimate say come from the person doing the interview? I can just hope and prey at this point. Ive been looking for post were people admitted to doing drugs during the medical and have passed the interview, I cant find anything. Everything that i have found is that if u admit to it you are denied.

Timeline

Okay also to state im not going to get into the rights and wrongs about drug use, but just ways to circumvent the system to get us thru this. If lieing gets my baby here then thats what we will do. I ask if she can take another medical because if so we know what we have to do come question time. If the medical exams arnt electronically sent then no one knows. The only proof that they have of all of this is the packet she has in her hands. Thats what I really want to know. If she could do it over we still have time for another medical but can we do it is the question. Will they know that we did.

Okay also to state im not going to get into the rights and wrongs about drug use, but just ways to circumvent the system to get us thru this. If lieing gets my baby here then thats what we will do. I ask if she can take another medical because if so we know what we have to do come question time. If the medical exams arnt electronically sent then no one knows. The only proof that they have of all of this is the packet she has in her hands. Thats what I really want to know. If she could do it over we still have time for another medical but can we do it is the question. Will they know that we did.

If you LIE and are caught this could mean a PERMANENT ban from the US. You will not find anyone on this board that would recommend lying.

Taking another medical and changing the answers is lying.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

She's already admitted to drug use, to try and say now that she didn't will be a denial for misrepresentation, which can carry a lifetime ban

Don't lie. Have faith and wait for the interview

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

You want circumvent the system by lying? Then better prepare yourself for living in Colombia if you want to be with your fiance.

I don't think admission of drug use will cause automatic denial. But if the drugs have in fact been found in her system during recent medical, she will be asked to do another medical... a year from now.

Timeline

Do they test for drugs during the medical? They did a blood test and gave her vaccinations. The only thing pertaining to drugs was the doctors questions which she answered truthfully. She was not required to do anything further. She has her packet and was not referred to do anything else except go to the interview. Im sorry about my moral compass but a situation of love will make u do anything. I think we are going to let it be and see what happens during the interview. I did not see any questions on the 156k or ds230 part one pertaining to drugs so there is nothing that she has to admit there. If it comes up on the interview she is going to answer honestly. She will also go to the doctor and get a drug test to show she does not have drugs in here system and bring the results and a letter with her if they do ask. I just hope that admitting it is not an automatic denial but from everything that ive been reading it seems that it is the case.

Filed: Other Timeline

Oh what tangled web we weave when we practise to decieve

OP seem uninterested in the advise here to help or the way it could be

well I've read once here or at 2us of an individual from Jamaica who admitted to the Dr but was not positive and NOT denied.

I C many have lied and tested positive and denied, I dont smoke weed and have no prob with those that do

What if the CO says to her have U ever used drugs just testing her honesty, she says no, the Drs notes said yes, her test

is negative OP what do U think the CO would do approve or deny? ,,,could become a ban 4 lying .. best wishes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.