AP+JP

"your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F"

49 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I just called USCIS. The lady on the phone sounded like a robot. She sounded like she was reading automated responses from a computer screen.

I asked her what this message means. And she just said the same thing the message said. "Your alien registration number has been changed"............ I wish she could be more HUMAN and talk like a HUMAN, and actually explain something.

The only useful piece of information I got out of her is that USCIS has mailed me some kind of letter with more detailed information... I have no idea what that means. I really hope it's not RFE

May be they mailed you NOA2 (not sure wat this is) but hope for the best and leave the rest...:)... I wish I got some reply like that but nothing really happened with my case... But why me????..

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm not sure what that means, but it could be that they've assigned an alien registration number to your fiance, which is a routine process. I remember when I called USCIS around my 5th month, the Tier 2 mentioned my fiance's alien registration number being assigned... This was a surprise to me, but apparently they assign AR numbers that will remain with them forever.

Edited by islandgal

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My case is already past the processing time. It's been 6 months for me. Normal processing time is 5 months. Although I do see that VERMONT SERVICE CENTER has been really slow the past couple months... so 6 months actually is a NORMAL processing time.

I was expecting my NOA2 some time this week, but instead got this message. No idea what this means.

Also, the lady on the phone told me that USCIS is processing cases right now from May 28th.

Hey I just wanted to inform that my status changed to approved..... I think urs is also approved.... Njoiii

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey I just wanted to inform that my status changed to approved..... I think urs is also approved.... Njoiii

Just checked. Mine still says "INITIAL REVIEW"

But you're the 2nd person today that got an APPROVAL after that message... I'm hoping mine will change today too............. COME ON USCIS!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

8mwpn.png

YOU ARE SO LUCKY that your petition went to California Service Center!!!

It seems like everyone at Vermont Service Center has mysteriously died. And petitions are taking FOREVER to get approved.

Do you live on the west coast? I wish I could somehow get my petition to CSC...

Yes, I do live in the West Coast.

Anyway, so far, nothing's changed on the status, it's still in initial interview. Not that I am expecting anything to happen to it as the petition's just a week old.

But who knows, some weird things have happened.

It seems like everyone at Vermont Service Center has mysteriously died. And petitions are taking FOREVER to get approved.

Anyway, so far, nothing's changed on the status, it's still in initial interview. Not that I am expecting anything to happen to it as the petition's just a week old.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

OK I received this SAME message. I'm filing for my fiance and our case was sent to VSC. We filed early Nov and received NOA1 mid November with Receipt number. I tried checking our case online and was not successful. It would not show. Yesterday I checked and this appeared when I typed in our receipt Number. What does it mean? Should we be concerned or call USCIS and hope to get someone NICE to answer our question??

eJLMm6.png

K1 Visa JourneyI129F

Sent: Nov 1st,2012

NOA1: Nov 7th,2012

NOA2:May 28th, 2013

NVC CASE RECEIVE: June10, 2013

NVC CASE LEFT: June 12,2013

EMBASSY RECEIVED: June 14, 2013

Packet3:never received he asked in ciudad juarez for it.

Medical: Aug.6,2013

Interview: Aug.7, 2013 approved

visa received: August 14, 2013

poe: August 21, 2013

AOS:

Sent:February 3,2014

Received: February 7,2014

Biometrics: March 14, 2014

EAD: April 23rd (Online Status changed)

EAD Card Received: May 1st

I485: still in initial Review since Feb 11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Some people get this message right after NOA1 and some people get it right before NOA2.

For me, it was right before NOA2. 1 week after receiving this message, I got NOA2.

But it's been 6.5 months since my NOA1.

I don't think this message really means anything. I don't think it will affect your processing time. I think all it means is they have your case in their system, and they updated something.

8mwpn.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Sounds to me like something is seriously wrong with their system. Anyone who gets an approval after only a few weeks? I find that hard to believe. That's just crazy! even for CSC.

(unless it was a military expedite or something)

Edited by Andie

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.