mickey601

Never Ending Wait for Finacee Visa Interview from US Embassy at New Delhi

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Dear All,

It’s been a never ending wait for me and my fiancée. My fiancée applied for I-129f petition in Feb 2012 and we got the approval for the same in July 2012.Then in mid August 2012, I received packet-3 from the US embassy and I replied them back with all the required documents i.e. DS-230(part-1), applicant statement by the end of August 2012. In addition to this I sent out the checklist in mid October 2012. And after that I haven’t heard from the US embassy at Delhi for my interview. As a matter of fact when in October 2012 my fiancée called up the NVC office and they said your fiancé has been eligible for the interview since mid September. But till date every time we call the NVC, Dept. of State, Visa call centre for the US embassy New Delhi or email several different contact addresses for the US embassy at New Delhi, we always get the same reply that just wait, wait, wait, and that we will be giving you an interview date in the upcoming months. Whenever we call they always say that it is the discretion of the embassy to give you an interview date and you must be patient. Sometimes they say your case has been elevated but even after the List of Interview dates for December 2012 came out we still did not get an interview date. We can never get a hold of anyone who can give us any specific information as to why our case is being delayed so much for the interview since we have been eligible for an interview date from Sept. 2012 and it is now mid December 2012.

Actually, I went to the US on H1B (Work visa) in 2007 and came back after around a year after being laid off due to the recession and my visa got cancelled without prejudice. Even the visa officer (who cancelled my visa) suggested me to get a new sponsorship from another employer, come for an interview in such a case, get a new visa issued and go back to the US since my work authorization was going to be valid for another 2 years. These were the words of the visa officer.

We had a political representative in the US contact the embassy on our behalf and he told us that they are reviewing my case because I had previously lived in the US as mentioned above. But I have yet to receive my packet 4 the New Delhi embassy which we have been waiting for since we turned in Packet 3 in Aug. 2012. It has now been 3 months since we have been eligible for an interview date.

Does anyone have any advice as to how we can get more info. about our case and/or expedite the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

All I could suggest is wait.

Thank you Aschenbecher. I got the much awaited interview letter couple of days back and i have been scheduled for February 2013.

Edited by mickey601

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.