love4life09

Marriage Ceremony in The Phils after Civil Marriage in the US

27 posts in this topic

We married in Alabama June, 22 2004 and remarried in Bislig, surigao del sur in Dec. 28, 2006. Had no such problems. My wife took to the philippines our copy of our marriage in U. S. A. AND a copy of the report of marriage to a foreigner abroad that we filed with the Philippne Embassy in Washington D. C. I think that is what you have yet to do. That document can be uploaded and filed via mail with the Philippine Embassy in Washington, D. C. or with the closest Philippine countsulors office to you residence. It takes about two weeks ans is relative inexpensive. The embassy then registers you legal marriage in the Philippines for you. Do not forget when you have children to register them with the embassy for dual citizenship. Good luck, our marriage is on youtube under, bislig2alabama. hope this helps!

October 22nd 2009 at 2:00 P.M. OATH COMPLETED

Oct. 22 9:05 A.M. Atlanta interview date for naturalization

Aug. 15 Received YELLOW LETTER, we are to bring to the interview state driver's license

Aug. 6, 2009 N.O.A. fingerprint appointment

June 29, 2009 Notice receipt date and priority date

June 25, 2009 Filed for naturalization

April 30, 2008 Filed for John's dual citizenship

April 24, 2008 JOHN BORN

Dec. 18, 2007 Completed first semester, an 'A' average

Sept. 21, 2007 Doctor reported, "your wife is two months with child"

Aug. 22, 2007 rose starts college

May 09, 2007 rose receives license to drive and drives us home.

Jan. 24, 2007 returned to Alabama

Dec. 28, 2007 remarried in Philippines, I promised her a Filipino wedding

Nov. 27, 2006 returned to Philippines

Aug. 01, 2006 rose receives P.G.C., no interviews here, no conditional card

July 25, 2006 received email - Approval

July 18, 2006 mailed update

July 07, 2006 R.F.E, update on income

June 26, 2006 We mailed hand-written letter requesting status of A.O.S.

Jan. 24, 2006 Biometrics completed, again

Nov. 02, 2005 R.F.E.

Sept. 20, 2005 A.O.S. transferred to C.S.C.

April 11, 2005 JAMES, BORN

July 22, 2004 A.O.S. receipt date, Atlanta

June 22, 2004 married

June 10, 2004 rose arrives in Alabama

May 23, 2004 Visa arrives

May 05, 2004 Embassy interview

Feb. 03, 2004 I-129 approved

Sept. 03, 2003 I-129 receipt date

Aug. 16, 2003 met Rose in Cebu

Jan. 20, 2003 mailed letter to her and waited

Jan. 20, 2003 read Rose's profile on website

Neither of those documents are required by the Catholic Church for marriage. They want Baptism and Confirmation. Not MC and ROMA.

FYI-The Consular reports are sent to the DFA quarterly. From the DFA, they are sent to the CRG. Then to the NSO. A process that takes at least six months ;)

Wouldn't that defeat the whole Holy Sacrament/Married in the Catholic Church thingie?

She?

sorry. our wedding was not Catholic.

October 22nd 2009 at 2:00 P.M. OATH COMPLETED

Oct. 22 9:05 A.M. Atlanta interview date for naturalization

Aug. 15 Received YELLOW LETTER, we are to bring to the interview state driver's license

Aug. 6, 2009 N.O.A. fingerprint appointment

June 29, 2009 Notice receipt date and priority date

June 25, 2009 Filed for naturalization

April 30, 2008 Filed for John's dual citizenship

April 24, 2008 JOHN BORN

Dec. 18, 2007 Completed first semester, an 'A' average

Sept. 21, 2007 Doctor reported, "your wife is two months with child"

Aug. 22, 2007 rose starts college

May 09, 2007 rose receives license to drive and drives us home.

Jan. 24, 2007 returned to Alabama

Dec. 28, 2007 remarried in Philippines, I promised her a Filipino wedding

Nov. 27, 2006 returned to Philippines

Aug. 01, 2006 rose receives P.G.C., no interviews here, no conditional card

July 25, 2006 received email - Approval

July 18, 2006 mailed update

July 07, 2006 R.F.E, update on income

June 26, 2006 We mailed hand-written letter requesting status of A.O.S.

Jan. 24, 2006 Biometrics completed, again

Nov. 02, 2005 R.F.E.

Sept. 20, 2005 A.O.S. transferred to C.S.C.

April 11, 2005 JAMES, BORN

July 22, 2004 A.O.S. receipt date, Atlanta

June 22, 2004 married

June 10, 2004 rose arrives in Alabama

May 23, 2004 Visa arrives

May 05, 2004 Embassy interview

Feb. 03, 2004 I-129 approved

Sept. 03, 2003 I-129 receipt date

Aug. 16, 2003 met Rose in Cebu

Jan. 20, 2003 mailed letter to her and waited

Jan. 20, 2003 read Rose's profile on website

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

No he said it was a renewal of vows in his very first post...

Here this will help you read it easier:

My wife and I were married in a Civil Ceremony last year after her arrival here in the US on a K-1 visa. I

promised my wife an actual Church wedding Ceremony in the Philippines once she was free to travel.

We are now making the arrangements , after speaking to the Church Chancery in Cebu where we want to RE NEW our vows,

Hate to break it to you but the marriage license is all signed and recorded... they are MARRIED.

Maybe in your "world" no one is married that doesn't get married in a church ( :wacko: jeez!), but they are legally married so it simply a renewal of vows.

Truly do you think you are even the slightest bit helpful? :blink:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Neither of those documents are required by the Catholic Church for marriage. They want Baptism and Confirmation. Not MC and ROMA.

FYI-The Consular reports are sent to the DFA quarterly. From the DFA, they are sent to the CRG. Then to the NSO. A process that takes at least six months ;)

Wouldn't that defeat the whole Holy Sacrament/Married in the Catholic Church thingie?

She?

The Minister that did our vow renewal second wedding in Philippines or whatever you wish to call it was a she.

Quit trolling VJ or you will be banned.

calling the kettle black... :whistle:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Why would I want to revise my understanding of the canon law? Because some Roman Emperor commissioned a book to be wrote hundreds of centuries ago ? ..... NOT.

As for your first question... again you really need to read better, maybe try moving your lips as you read, or read out loud. Here is what he said, I will make in larger for you:

Didn't say anything about catholic.... :whistle:

The OP acknowledges that they can NOT have a catholic church wedding further in the post... yet you keep nagging about owning a canon and there are laws and his marriage isn't really until he follows those laws.

Me thinks you got a troll dude...

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

The OP got the answers he needed and moved on, didn't care about having a canon or its laws and moved on.

Me - I am just adjusting the tension on the reel.... :whistle:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A number of posts violating TOS have been removed and several posts quoting the removed posts edited to remove the quoted comments. Any further insulting or derogatory comments will result in the poster being thread-banned.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

The OP got the answers he needed and moved on, didn't care about having a canon or its laws and moved on.

Me - I am just adjusting the tension on the reel.... :whistle:

Yes the guy was clear. we went thru the same thing. we anted to renew in the Catholic church, but our big thing was a prior marriage for me. Me being non-catholic was not an issue.

We married in Alabama June, 22 2004 and remarried in Bislig, surigao del sur in Dec. 28, 2006. Had no such problems. My wife took to the philippines our copy of our marriage in U. S. A. AND a copy of the report of marriage to a foreigner abroad that we filed with the Philippne Embassy in Washington D. C. I think that is what you have yet to do. That document can be uploaded and filed via mail with the Philippine Embassy in Washington, D. C. or with the closest Philippine countsulors office to you residence. It takes about two weeks ans is relative inexpensive. The embassy then registers you legal marriage in the Philippines for you. Do not forget when you have children to register them with the embassy for dual citizenship. Good luck, our marriage is on youtube under, bislig2alabama. hope this helps!

Thanks for your reply . May I ask are you both Catholic ? Were you married in a Catholic church ? My problem is that I am Baptist and have no Baptismal Certificate as it was like 30 years ago when i was Baptised . And I am not Catholic so I am having trouble getting Confirmation from the Catholic church. I'm fine with a non Catholic ceremony , but it's IMPORTANT to my wife , so we have started going to both Baptist AND Catholic churches. What a pain ! Oh and we DID report marriage to the PH embasssy in Chicago and have reciept letter . It's a start...

Thanks for your reply . May I ask are you both Catholic ? Were you married in a Catholic church ? My problem is that I am Baptist and have no Baptismal Certificate as it was like 30 years ago when i was Baptised . And I am not Catholic so I am having trouble getting Confirmation from the Catholic church. I'm fine with a non Catholic ceremony , but it's IMPORTANT to my wife , so we have started going to both Baptist AND Catholic churches. What a pain ! Oh and we DID report marriage to the PH embasssy in Chicago and have reciept letter . It's a start...

Having lived here for a long time the one thing that makes things happen is money. Go to the church, tell them that you are already married to each other and show them your marriage license. Tell them that you do not need any paperwork done and tell them how much money you would donate to the church for their time. If her family are members of the church have them go with you to talk with the priest.

I have no experience about that, but what I know is if already civilly married, the marriage certificate from NSO will suffice. Hence the need to report the marriage at a Philippine Consulate if not yet reported, which Apple21 stated already. The other Catholic-Church related requirements such as Baptismal Certificate, Confirmation Certificate, however, must still be provided. Plus sometimes, other churches have additional requirements which differ from the others.

Your wife may also want to visit this site: http://www.weddingsatwork.com/ and consider joining the online community of Filipina brides (this is via Yahoogroups). I joined that community when I was preparing for our wedding. Members there are Filipinas (some are the groom though) from around the globe, getting married in the Philippines. While I was a member I encountered posts from other brides who were civilly married in the US sharing experiences about the process and the like. You can also get good recommendations about vendors and stuff in Cebu which could help you in your planning. yes.gif

Oh definitely have yoir wife join Weddings at Work yahoogroup :) the best resource for marrying in the Philippines! ;)

Having lived here for a long time the one thing that makes things happen is money. Go to the church, tell them that you are already married to each other and show them your marriage license. Tell them that you do not need any paperwork done and tell them how much money you would donate to the church for their time. If her family are members of the church have them go with you to talk with the priest.

Dave01, throwing money at them is not necessary. Sad for you your spouse lives in such an area.

Also, as long as you report your marriage abroad to nearest Philippine consulate, you are already recognized as married in the Philippines. No need for marriage license application and affidavit in lieu of certificate to marry from USEM. You have to check with the church you get married in though. They have their own specific requirements for a church wedding :)

Good luck!

Edited by ivyanddan

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.