mmiller2001

Should I Be Worried

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I submitted my I-129f 37 days ago and roughly received my electronic NOA1 a week later. However, I never received my paper receipt and my case never showed up on the website. So today I called and was given to a tier 2 representative. She said the application is on file and in process, but that a representative would call me back in 24 to 48 hours to explain the problem. I asked, "was their a problem with the application" and she said no, but a rep. would call me to explain why its not in the system. Should I be worried about my application. FYI, it was sent to the Vermont processing center.

I don't think you should be worried a long as they said it's in the system and gave you a receipt number. Just wait until they call to see what they say to be 100% sure, but I'm sure it was just a glitch and the paper copy for some reason didn't get mailed. Good luck on your journey!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

The real problem is that you didn't get your NOA1 in the mail. You will need a copy of this paper at the embassy for the interview I think(or maybe you can just print the NOA1 you get by e-mail... I don't know. But you should make sure to get the answer about this when you talk to a rep again.)

I wouldn't worry too much about the website thing... If you read some of the posts in the forum you'll find out that a lot of people never got their case status updated online, or they did but way after recieving papers by mail... So the fact that it is not updated doesn't necesarily means anything.

They have your file, you have a reciept number, they are going to call you back so it means they are checking everything is alright. I don't think you should worry. Relax and wait for their call.

The embassy does not ask for a copy of the NOA1 or NOA2, nor does the NVC. Before answering a question you should know the answer so as to make anyone worry needlessly. Even if it was lost in the mail she can request a new one.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

The embassy does not ask for a copy of the NOA1 or NOA2, nor does the NVC. Before answering a question you should know the answer so as to make anyone worry needlessly. Even if it was lost in the mail she can request a new one.

yes I now, I am sorry and I apologized. It won't happen again. Sorry, again

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The real problem is that you didn't get your NOA1 in the mail. You will need a copy of this paper at the embassy for the interview I think(or maybe you can just print the NOA1 you get by e-mail... I don't know. But you should make sure to get the answer about this when you talk to a rep again.)

I wouldn't worry too much about the website thing... If you read some of the posts in the forum you'll find out that a lot of people never got their case status updated online, or they did but way after receiving papers by mail... So the fact that it is not updated doesn't necesarily means anything.

They have your file, you have a receipt number, they are going to call you back so it means they are checking everything is alright. I don't think you should worry. Relax and wait for their call.

Don't worry about the NOA1 you don't need it at all for anything. The NOA2 when the petition is approved, it is important not there for the embassy as you don't need it but here when you come to the States and apply for AOS. THen, you will need a photocopy of your NOA2 to send along with all the paperwork.

About your problem some members here in vj have waited for over a month to start seeing their case on the website. That didn't happen to us with the I129f petition but now it happened with the aos, it's not showing up. It's just a matter of time, so just be patient. Some members have reported that even their cases never showed up even though the process went smooth.

Edited by Juan L

AOS for parent Journey 

04/12/2021 → Filed I-130 online for parent (easier and didn't have AOS docs ready)

04/13/2021 → I-130 NOA1 available online

04/19/2021 → I-130 NOA1 Mail 

05/03/2021 → Sent through Fedex I-485 (with I-840 and sealed I-693 and I-130 NOA1 copy) I-765 I-131

05/06/2021 → Delivered to USCIS with signature confirmation.

05/25/2021 → Fingerprint Fee Was Received
05/26/2021 → Got text messages for I-485, I-765 and I-131 with receipt numbers.

05/27/2021 → Check cashed.

06/02/2021 → 3 NOAs for I-485, I-765 and I-131 arrived in the mail.

06/30/2021 → I485 online status update "Request for Initial Evidence"

07/06/2021 → RFIE letter arrived in the mail (I864 with 2020 tax return and w2s, 1090s)

07/23/2021 → Sent RFIE response through Fedex.

07/27/2021 → RFIE Response Delivered to USCIS with signature confirmation.

07/28/2021 → Status update RFIE response received. Working on case again. 

08/30/2021→Biometrics notice (no online case status update)

09/07/2021→ Biometrics letter arrived in the mail

09/22/2021 → Biometrics appointment completed. Online status updated 3 hours later to "Fingerprints Were Taken".

09/23/2021 → I-485 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

10/22/2021 → I-130 - Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS

11/30/2021 → I-765 - Case approved.

12/01/2021 → I-131 - Case approved.

12/08/2021 → I-765 - Combo Card delivered.

01/03/2022 → SS Card delivered! (From Combo card application)

01/03/2022 → SS Card delivered! (From Combo card application)

03/02/2022 → Interview scheduled. Notice coming in the mail soon.

03/17/2022 → I-130 Approved! Noa in the mail two days later.

03/31/2022 → Interview day and I-485 Card produced by the time we were leaving.
04/01/2022 → Case approved

04/04/2022 → NOA Case Approved arrived in the mail.
04/07/2022 → Parent's Green card in hand!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OK, so my application hit today. They received it Oct. 30th. Thanks for all the responses, I certainly appreciate them.

On the web site it says this "On November 6, 2012, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance." I assume that just means they generated one because I never had one? Again, thanks for all the help and replies!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I imagine it's a stock reply rather than using separate ones for a new number and a changed one. A few people have questioned this lately, it seems.

There's that smell again...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you received the e-mail, saying it has been received and USCIS confirmed that, then no need to worry. You will not need the NOA1 for anything other than for your receipt # and that you already have, by e-mail. I also had the same problem, and was told by Tier 2 that it can generally take between 30-45 days for tracking online thru USCIS. So, being it has been 30 days, you should have access sometime between now and 15 days. Good Luck!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.