True Brit

Been here two weeks and its soooo hard .....

198 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=29da7f5c13f2e210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=29da7f5c13f2e210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Preventing Discrimination in the Form I-9 Process

Employers must accept any document an employee presents from the Lists of Acceptable Documents, as long as the document reasonably appears to be genuine and to relate to the employee. Employers must not:

[*] Demand that an employee show specific documents

[*] Ask to see employment authorization documents before an individual accepts a job offer

[*] Refuse to accept a document, or refuse to hire an individual, because a document will expire in the future

[*] Refuse to accept a receipt that is acceptable for Form I-9 purposes

[*] Demand a specific document when reverifying that an employee is authorized to work

I see. If a person doesn't show up in the eVerify system how is an employer to go about verifying that an individual is authorized to work? I thought they should have accepted his EAD/AP card(that is the purpose of it)when he offered it originally. I've never seen anyone asked to present a birth certificate to get a job.

I-129F sent July 16, 2011

NOA1 - July 21, 2011

NOA2 - December 8, 2011 (text & email with hardcopy to follow)

Packet 3 - January 5, 2012

Medical - February 20, 2012

Packet 3 sent to Embassy - February 20, 2012

Interview Date - March 27, 2012 - Approved

POE - Atlanta, GA 7/6/2012

Married! - 8/11/2012

AOS Filed - 9/14/2012

AOS NOA1 Priority Date - 9/19/2012

Biometrics Appt. - 10/10/2012

EAD/AP approval - 11/28/2012

I see. If a person doesn't show up in the eVerify system how is an employer to go about verifying that an individual is authorized to work? I thought they should have accepted his EAD/AP card(that is the purpose of it)when he offered it originally. I've never seen anyone asked to present a birth certificate to get a job.

The documents he gave them prove his work authorization. At this point, E-Verify is not mandatory.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

The documents he gave them prove his work authorization. At this point, E-Verify is not mandatory.

I think many employers treat it as if it were. In fact, for certain contracted work it is mandatory.

I-129F sent July 16, 2011

NOA1 - July 21, 2011

NOA2 - December 8, 2011 (text & email with hardcopy to follow)

Packet 3 - January 5, 2012

Medical - February 20, 2012

Packet 3 sent to Embassy - February 20, 2012

Interview Date - March 27, 2012 - Approved

POE - Atlanta, GA 7/6/2012

Married! - 8/11/2012

AOS Filed - 9/14/2012

AOS NOA1 Priority Date - 9/19/2012

Biometrics Appt. - 10/10/2012

EAD/AP approval - 11/28/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.