885 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Guys i want to go mumbai Us consulate for getting positive answer regarding my 221g letter which i got in first week of jan 2013, it has been 17 months but still my case is in Administrative processing even my dad told me to visit Us embassy once. Please suggest me should i really go or not?? Thanks.

Hi Shabs Ali,

Shabs don't wanna demoralize you. It is ok to visit there and inquire about your case but don't be so hopeful...these embassy ppl play with emotions and sentiments...Good Luck and if you are localite then its well and good to visit embassy...but if you have to travel to bombay to visit the embassy, that is the sad part...

Wishing you all the best!

Timeline

Guys i want to go mumbai Us consulate for getting positive answer regarding my 221g letter which i got in first week of jan 2013, it has been 17 months but still my case is in Administrative processing even my dad told me to visit Us embassy once. Please suggest me should i really go or not?? Thanks.

Hello Shabs ali

No harm in going I guess.. But you wouldn't be allowed to go inside. So.. With whom would you talk?

thank you so much for ur reply, As i read on this site that if your application is over a year old, please return to the Consulate General any business day between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. along with your passport, pending letter for further assistance. http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/iv-pending-cases.html

Hi Shabs Ali,

Shabs don't wanna demoralize you. It is ok to visit there and inquire about your case but don't be so hopeful...these embassy ppl play with emotions and sentiments...Good Luck and if you are localite then its well and good to visit embassy...but if you have to travel to bombay to visit the embassy, that is the sad part...

Wishing you all the best!

Edited by shabs ali

Timeline

i think you should visit mumbai consulate, there are specific days of the week where they allow people without interview letter so find out that first.

-pawan

thank u minie for replying me,i think i can enter along with my passport and pending letter check this out http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/iv-pending-cases.html

Hello Shabs ali

No harm in going I guess.. But you wouldn't be allowed to go inside. So.. With whom would you talk?

Timeline

thank you so much for ur reply, As i read on this site that if your application is over a year old, please return to the Consulate General any business day between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. along with your passport, pending letter for further assistance. http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/iv-pending-cases.html

Yea I agree with pawan...and at the same time your application is over a year old so I think you can visit there. But find out first without appointment letter whether they will give you the entry or not and let me know as well...

thanks, i will find out.

i think you should visit mumbai consulate, there are specific days of the week where they allow people without interview letter so find out that first.

-pawan

Timeline

Yea I agree with pawan...and at the same time your application is over a year old so I think you can visit there. But find out first without appointment letter whether they will give you the entry or not and let me know as well...

see below (3rd bullet):

Refused or Pending Immigrant Visas

If a consular officer puts your case on hold under Section 221(g), it means your visa application was not complete for either of the following reasons:

- If you are requested to provide additional documents,

- If your application is pending for administrative processing, please wait until the Consulate contacts you.

- If your application is over a year old, please return to the Consulate General any business day between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. along with your passport, pending letter for further assistance.

Timeline

see below (3rd bullet):

Refused or Pending Immigrant Visas

If a consular officer puts your case on hold under Section 221(g), it means your visa application was not complete for either of the following reasons:

- If you are requested to provide additional documents,

- If your application is pending for administrative processing, please wait until the Consulate contacts you.

- If your application is over a year old, please return to the Consulate General any business day between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. along with your passport, pending letter for further assistance.

Pawan it is true right, if the consulate has completed the case then they will send a letter through courier in my home address..I think blue dart..they will not send any e-mail to submit passport right?

Timeline

Pawan it is true right, if the consulate has completed the case then they will send a letter through courier in my home address..I think blue dart..they will not send any e-mail to submit passport right?

Payal,

they can use either method, but keep calling and checking your status, its good to be proactive in this case.

Pawan

Timeline

Hello Shabs ali

i read it that your case status is ready. Did you inquire it further?

Timeline

i read it that your case status is ready. Did you inquire it further?

It is showing pre interview status. That got me worried. When I enquired about it, they said that my case was pending officer's review.. So. Gotta wait more days. !!:-(

Edited by Minie

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

I am too waiting for the Mumbai consulate to get back to me on the AP. I had my interview on 11 Feb 2013, visa officer returned my passport to me, gave me a white 221 g letter stating that "your application is pending for administrative processing, please wait until the Consulate contacts you".

Since then I have noticed that the " status update date" has changed 5 times, the latest is 28 feb 2013, I have the following queries at the moment:

1. What does the frequent date changes represent?

2. Although they have not mentioned any further documents requirements, during AP, would they ask me any further documents?

Wish you all luck in clearing this impatient stage in the immigration process.

Thanks in advance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.