885 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Also, it is under citizen services tab....I belive only US Citizen can visit embassy with this appointment. However; what reason did you guys chose to make an appointment?

"other services" when u go to that counter and start explaining they will tell u to go to a different counter for inquiries. under that tab i made two appointments one for me and one for my husband... u need passport numbers

Edited by Tab-Jas

Timeline

This wait is killer. I literally spend all day either checking if someone on this site got their visas yet after ap or if there is a change in my status on ceac website. Thank you everyone that posts here it makes my days a little easier.

Its been 36 days since we been in ap, though it feels forever because right after my bhabi my cousin had her interview and she was approved. A few days after that my bhabi's friend got approved. Makes one wonder why us? We have a million plans on what we want to do once my bhabi gets here. Like parties, gifts we want to give her. Buying her a car and etc. I think we were the most excited off all and we are the ones stuck waiting the most.

How much longer do you guys think its gonna take?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

This wait is killer. I literally spend all day either checking if someone on this site got their visas yet after ap or if there is a change in my status on ceac website. Thank you everyone that posts here it makes my days a little easier.

Its been 36 days since we been in ap, though it feels forever because right after my bhabi my cousin had her interview and she was approved. A few days after that my bhabi's friend got approved. Makes one wonder why us? We have a million plans on what we want to do once my bhabi gets here. Like parties, gifts we want to give her. Buying her a car and etc. I think we were the most excited off all and we are the ones stuck waiting the most.

How much longer do you guys think its gonna take?

its all depends just think that each day u passed ur getting close to ur pending decision ...i have been waiting for 50 days so...keep couting days lol

Timeline

counting days are the worst. It feels like its been forever since we been waiting. I hope we here something next week. With New Delhi consulate updating only twice a week, it makes the wait even harder. I get excited every tuesday and friday and then I am disappointed and have my heart break.

Timeline

Hello to all,

How often does a person get put into AP at the Mumbai Consulate? My husband's interview will be held there so I thought I'll get a heads up. Our case has gone through USCIS and NVC without any RFE's. I am the USC and have been living with my husband in India since our marriage (June 7th, 2012) and haven't went back to the US. I have proof of living here as well. I hope to get some feedback from anyone. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Timeline

Hello to all,

How often does a person get put into AP at the Mumbai Consulate? My husband's interview will be held there so I thought I'll get a heads up. Our case has gone through USCIS and NVC without any RFE's. I am the USC and have been living with my husband in India since our marriage (June 7th, 2012) and haven't went back to the US. I have proof of living here as well. I hope to get some feedback from anyone. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Sangita,

First of all Good luck to your husband for the interview..Regarding your question's reply, I would like to say that there is no specific time or reason to get AP because if the consular officer has some doubts they can put AP or if there is no doubt still one can get AP. Here in this forum numerous people are there with have a valid reason to get AP and without reason got AP. Let me tell you another thing that the stretch is so disgusting that many people are there in AP for 120/ 124 days and even more also. So here I am sum it up once again for your convenience:

1) There is no specific time limit/ reason for a Consular Officer to put the case into AP and even for indefinite period. Sometimes depends on their mood as well :)

2) Most of the AP cases resolved in 60 days however it takes more depends on the case and some times cases get delayed for unknowing reason from the consulate.

Good that you have all the proof and keep it with yourself because I think they can check the proof of yours during the interview as well. I have seen cases of this type during mine interview.

In short keep yourself ready!

ALL The Best!

Hope it helps!! :) Good Luck!

Edited by Payal Sharma

Timeline

I have only called like 3 times in about a months time but I always get the same lady. today she didn't even bother ask my brothers details, just my sister-in-laws. I asked her if they were even working on her case and she reassured me they were but wouldn't tell me how much longer. Just the same ap #######

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have only called like 3 times in about a months time but I always get the same lady. today she didn't even bother ask my brothers details, just my sister-in-laws. I asked her if they were even working on her case and she reassured me they were but wouldn't tell me how much longer. Just the same ap #######

whats the # to call em?

well AdiV, every day I am getting the same stupid replies from them...no status update.. it is been one month..:(

My case has been in AP since 2 months and even my date has not been updated since then, I am really worried, cant tell whether they r working on my case or not. I was thinking about taking an appointment with the embassy and visiting the mumbai consulate(like Tab-Jas) but my husband is a US Citizen and is currently in US.I dont know if only people who r US Citizens can make an appointment and enter or even the person whom they have filed for can make an appointment. Do u have an idea about this?

Timeline

My case has been in AP since 2 months and even my date has not been updated since then, I am really worried, cant tell whether they r working on my case or not. I was thinking about taking an appointment with the embassy and visiting the mumbai consulate(like Tab-Jas) but my husband is a US Citizen and is currently in US.I dont know if only people who r US Citizens can make an appointment and enter or even the person whom they have filed for can make an appointment. Do u have an idea about this?

can I suggest something? it has a 50-50 chance of working? My cousin's visa was in ap for a year and half (her mom applied for her). Nobody was telling her anything and there seemed to be no updates. They weren't answering our calls and not giving us any information in emails sent to ustravelsdoc.com. I sent a detailed email to cis.ndi@dhs.gov and it took them about a week to reply but she was able to go pick up her visa immediately.

But at same time when I emailed for my sister-in-law couple weeks ago they told me to wait.

so try your luck?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.