885 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

HI guys we just wanted to let u know that we received our passport with the VISA. my husband and i went to the embassy and decided to inquire what was happening why we havnt recieved our visa... the lady leaves for 30 minutes and says come back around 1:30pm and collect your passport we were soo surprised and regret why we didnt come earlier... We were put under admin processsing for soo long! but overall good ending!

wait a mintue !!!so ur telling that ur status was still under AP and u visited embasssy or vfs? and ther u found that u got visa ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

HI guys we just wanted to let u know that we received our passport with the VISA. my husband and i went to the embassy and decided to inquire what was happening why we havnt recieved our visa... the lady leaves for 30 minutes and says come back around 1:30pm and collect your passport we were soo surprised and regret why we didnt come earlier... We were put under admin processsing for soo long! but overall good ending!

Hi Tab-Jas,

Congrats first of all but I have one question..How did the consulate let you go inside? I mean is there any appointment letter with you or any prior appointment? because it is very hard to enter inside without prior appointment. They will not let you go inside without proper proof..

Please shed some light on this..We are anxiously waiting

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

wait a mintue !!!so ur telling that ur status was still under AP and u visited embasssy or vfs? and ther u found that u got visa ?

and how long u have been waiting.? and when u got ur 221g and submiited docs?

hii congrats.. plz let me know how you enterd inside without any appointment letter even i want to go becz my case is in Administrative processing since 17 months.

Edited by shabs ali

Timeline

yes and they issued the visa on the same day we visited! that is why they told us to come back later on... there excuse was that it was in a bunch of files! We went to the embassy I made and appointment.

Hi Tab-Jas,

Congrats first of all but I have one question..How did the consulate let you go inside? I mean is there any appointment letter with you or any prior appointment? because it is very hard to enter inside without prior appointment. They will not let you go inside without proper proof..

Please shed some light on this..We are anxiously waiting

Yes it is very hard... I the petitioner had a US passport and my husband joined me with providing a proof of ID we made an appointment for U.S services... but we did not even have to they told us to go to the inquiry counter where our interview was done.

Timeline

Tab-Jas -Location of File processing ? & how you take appointment for AP..?

THere isnt appointment for AP.. When you go onto the website of the EMBASSY there is a section for appointment and services for U.S citizens and I happen to make one.. when we went to the counter of the U.S services I took our interview letter and told them that we havent recieved our visa... they than told me to go back to the counter where I had interviewed which says Immigration case Inquires counter and ask for the help there.. which we did so we were allowed in the embassy that is the only piece of document we took... which was the interview letter.

Timeline

THere isnt appointment for AP.. When you go onto the website of the EMBASSY there is a section for appointment and services for U.S citizens and I happen to make one.. when we went to the counter of the U.S services I took our interview letter and told them that we havent recieved our visa... they than told me to go back to the counter where I had interviewed which says Immigration case Inquires counter and ask for the help there.. which we did so we were allowed in the embassy that is the only piece of document we took... which was the interview letter.

First you went to the counter of US services...that means you went to the counter of UStraveldocs...?? then they told you to go to the immigration inquiry counter inside right? if I am not mistaken?

Congratulations!! Tab-Jas.

Which consulate did u visit for ur Visa, Delhi or Mumbai? or did u visit VFS centre ... also u said that u took an appointment, so if we go without any appointment do you think they will allow us inside? Are there any particular timings for cases like ours?

Timeline

First you went to the counter of US services...that means you went to the counter of UStraveldocs...?? then they told you to go to the immigration inquiry counter inside right? if I am not mistaken?

NO i went directly to the embassy! the UStraveldocs people of no information for anything!

Congratulations!! Tab-Jas.

Which consulate did u visit for ur Visa, Delhi or Mumbai? or did u visit VFS centre ... also u said that u took an appointment, so if we go without any appointment do you think they will allow us inside? Are there any particular timings for cases like ours?

I went to delhi... we took the appoint of the times they give which was before 12pm so we arrived there early in the morning our appointment was at 10am... I dont know if they will allow u in without an appointment because they did check paper for which the appointment was made...

NO i went directly to the embassy! the UStraveldocs people of no information for anything!

I went to delhi... we took the appoint of the times they give which was before 12pm so we arrived there early in the morning our appointment was at 10am... I dont know if they will allow u in without an appointment because they did check paper for which the appointment was made...

Which site did you visit to make an appointment?

Timeline

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/service/appointment-and-contact-info.html

mumbai should have one just like this as well

Also, it is under citizen services tab....I belive only US Citizen can visit embassy with this appointment. However; what reason did you guys chose to make an appointment?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.