885 posts in this topic

Yesterday I have sent email to ustravledocs and today I got reply from there..Look what they replied me back...

" Your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for administrative processing. Post does not have the authority to take any action on such cases until we receive authorization from the Department of State. As soon as we receive a response from the Department of State, we will contact you in order to complete the processing of your visa. ".....

what are they trying to say ? i dont know what does that mean payal. but one thing is that they are saying they will one day complete visa processing but when ? they are not giving answer or do not want to answer . but why ? for what reason.

i think payal now its time to get senator involve in your case ...as mostly they are helpful.

so think about it yaar.

Edited by doctor CR1

I understand that everyone else is waiting too. But it seems like most people are waiting because they forgot to take a document with them or had issue with passport pealing or had some sortof red flag. We didn't have any. they were same religion, she is a year younger, everyone in family accepts them. We even had gone down for her brothers wedding. I just wish I knew why we got stuck in ap

do not worry yaar ,, even though when there is no problem ,, one good thing that has happend to you is they have kept your passport on hold ,, and surely they will stamp visa and send, so dont think much as all AP CASES involve more than 60 day or atleast 60 days time frame. so have faith and be patient.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

what are they trying to say ? i dont know what does that mean payal. but one thing is that they are saying they will one day complete visa processing but when ? they are not giving answer or do not want to answer . but why ? for what reason.

i think payal now its time to get senator involve in your case ...as mostly they are helpful.

so think about it yaar.

Yea even I don't understand this...But you know Doc one thing is very confusing...sometimes they say, the mumbai consulate/ embassy and sometimes DOS...so not sure about this answer. My husband told me actually they don't have any correct news of inside office..these are just like general public responses...Yea already had a word with my husband regarding senator earlier, when mkaurd involved senator in her case.

But unfortunately, the senator is not able to help her except the same boring statement Admn Processing..So my husband said wait for this month and then we will contact Senator..Let the case be little old otherwise you didn't get the importance from the senator....What I learnt from Mkaurd's case that the case should be atleast 7-8 months old then you get the value and importance from the Senator..So lets see how it goes Doc...

Even my husband called the DOS for 3 times on friday on three diff times...but they have same sh********** replies...I think the immigration unit of the Mumbai Embassy has the correct reply and no one has....but it is very hard to contact the immigration unit department..

Edited by Payal Sharma

Timeline

so since there is strike in india so are the embassy also colsed for 2 days?

Mmm good question but I don't think so....but yes strike is there for 2 days...so there will be problem for travel and commute..they must work I guess...

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Mmm good question but I don't think so....but yes strike is there for 2 days...so there will be problem for travel and commute..they must work I guess...

they better work

Hey Minie, gkanki .. Any update on ur cases .. Mine is still the same :-(

I just hope they work and finish all the sending ap cases in these 2 days

I mean pending cases

Timeline

Hey Minie, gkanki .. Any update on ur cases .. Mine is still the same :-(

I just hope they work and finish all the sending ap cases in these 2 days

I mean pending cases

Hey AdiV,

No update as usual :( btw something interesting to share:

Yesterday I have sent email to ustravel docs and today got the reply...that they have received my docs on jan 9, 2013...this statement is now freaks me out because I had my interview on Nov 26,2012 and then after getting 221(g), I have submitted my docs on Dec 3, 2013 and the Mumbai consulate received it on Dec 4, 2013.

Then I have received email on Jan 14, 2013 to collect my passport, and I conveyed this to my husband who is in USA, and then my husband called the DOS three times on that day regarding my status and it says administrative processing. But the last call stated to my husband that they (DOS) have sent me a letter on Jan 9, 2013..Then Jan 15, 2013 I went to Kolkata OFC to collect my passport withour visa :( and the second white 221(g)...

Looks like whoever the office whether its uscis/ dos, they have received it on Jan 9, 2013 and Mumbai Consulate retained my things for one month as well and they were not able to take the decision and that is why sent it to USCIS/ DOS...

This is my assumption...but this statement is really mysterious that " We have received your documents on Jan 9, 2013" ...

Anyone can shed light on this thing after understanding all the dates statistics..

Please help me to understand! I am still trying to understand the dates..

Edited by Payal Sharma

Filed: Timeline

Yesterday I got Replay from US TRAVEL as below

Your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. There is no definite time frame for this processing as it depends on the individual circumstances of each case. The Department of State is continuously working to improve processing and expedite visas, and we appreciate your patience. Please be assured that we will contact you as soon as processing is complete.

Timeline

Yesterday I got Replay from US TRAVEL as below

Your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. There is no definite time frame for this processing as it depends on the individual circumstances of each case. The Department of State is continuously working to improve processing and expedite visas, and we appreciate your patience. Please be assured that we will contact you as soon as processing is complete.

Nothing new dear :) I am also getting same replies most of the time...

Hey AdiV,

No update as usual :( btw something interesting to share:

Yesterday I have sent email to ustravel docs and today got the reply...that they have received my docs on jan 9, 2013...this statement is now freaks me out because I had my interview on Nov 26,2012 and then after getting 221(g), I have submitted my docs on Dec 3, 2013 and the Mumbai consulate received it on Dec 4, 2013.

Then I have received email on Jan 14, 2013 to collect my passport, and I conveyed this to my husband who is in USA, and then my husband called the DOS three times on that day regarding my status and it says administrative processing. But the last call stated to my husband that they (DOS) have sent me a letter on Jan 9, 2013..Then Jan 15, 2013 I went to Kolkata OFC to collect my passport withour visa :( and the second white 221(g)...

Looks like whoever the office whether its uscis/ dos, they have received it on Jan 9, 2013 and Mumbai Consulate retained my things for one month as well and they were not able to take the decision and that is why sent it to USCIS/ DOS...

This is my assumption...but this statement is really mysterious that " We have received your documents on Jan 9, 2013" ...

Anyone can shed light on this thing after understanding all the dates statistics..

Please help me to understand! I am still trying to understand the dates..

Hi payal,

What was the reason for ur 1st 221g and 2nd 221g .. Was it the same?

Timeline

Hi payal,

What was the reason for ur 1st 221g and 2nd 221g .. Was it the same?

Hi AdiV,

yea first 221(g) white hand out is for proof of ongoing relationship...and second 221(G) white hand, says that unfortunately you case is still incomplete, as soon as we will complete the process, we will let you know to submit your passport in the nearest OFC.

But I still believe and my husband as well that it is with the Bombay Consulate because if they would send it outside India then they will let me know...thats what my husband told me. That it is still in the Mumbai embassy/ consulate..

But still I have sent a mail to ustraveldocs today regarding what they mean by Jan 9, 2013 so hopefully tomorrow I will get the reply...

will keep you posted!

Edited by Payal Sharma

Hi AdiV,

yea first 221(g) white hand out is for proof of ongoing relationship...and second 221(G) white hand, says that unfortunately you case is still incomplete, as soon as we will complete the process, we will let you know to submit your passport in the nearest OFC.

But I still believe and my husband as well that it is with the Bombay Consulate because if they would send it outside India then they will let me know...thats what my husband told me. That it is still in the Mumbai embassy/ consulate..

But still I have sent a mail to ustraveldocs today regarding what they mean by Jan 9, 2013 so hopefully tomorrow I will get the reply...

will keep you posted!

Did they ask u to submit any other docs after 2nd 221g .. If not than dont know what they r upto, i guess its best to wait for their reply.

My case was updated to admin processing on26th dec and they have not updated my date or status since then .. God only knows why is it so .. I feel that they have not looked at my case since then :-(

Timeline

Did they ask u to submit any other docs after 2nd 221g .. If not than dont know what they r upto, i guess its best to wait for their reply.

My case was updated to admin processing on26th dec and they have not updated my date or status since then .. God only knows why is it so .. I feel that they have not looked at my case since then :-(

No they didn't asked me to submit anything after second 221(g)..It was a simple white 221(g) hand out...But I don't think they will ask me further documents because if they would then they should let me know on that letter. But yea I have to wait for their reply anyway..

Hope everything goes well for all of us..My status date last updated on Jan 25, 2013..

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

No they didn't asked me to submit anything after second 221(g)..It was a simple white 221(g) hand out...But I don't think they will ask me further documents because if they would then they should let me know on that letter. But yea I have to wait for their reply anyway..

Hope everything goes well for all of us..My status date last updated on Jan 25, 2013..

what about ur medical? when your medical was done? how long its has been?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.