885 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Forum ppl, my wife received a letter from consulate requesting a new medical and also returned my wife's passport, saying the processing has NOT been completed. so, they asked to submit a new medical only and NOT the passport. I will hire a lawyer now to get this completed. Hope, you guys don't have any difficulties with your processing. Good luck.

So sorry dinank to hear this..yes you should hire an immigration lawyer and get the things done now..Very frustrating and depressing news for all of us :( I wish everything will be alright soon buddy..Have faith in God! Don't worry..Sab theek hoega..Atleast you will get the idea and legal suggestions from the lawyer..

Edited by Payal Sharma

Timeline

Forum ppl, my wife received a letter from consulate requesting a new medical and also returned my wife's passport, saying the processing has NOT been completed. so, they asked to submit a new medical only and NOT the passport. I will hire a lawyer now to get this completed. Hope, you guys don't have any difficulties with your processing. Good luck.

Wishing you all the best Dinank.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

man f$ck that sh?t ... i aint waiting till 60 days i just called senator office today.. but the lady who take visa issues ,wasnt there they said tomorrow they will call bk,.. guys be very careful when subbmiting docs and make sure ur pcc and medical are valid and try to submit docs asap cuz medical gonna expired in 6 months and pcc is good for 1 year... in my wifey s case pcc already expired and then we ddnt evn come to know and last moment we got to know about that and i was like forget about pcc they might now evn gonna ask u for that .., but only and only cuz i kept my wife s words the first thing they asked was pcc, otherwise i was in 221g for that and so far im good with my medical its expired around may .,,, so im good lets see what next thing gonna be ??

guys calling senator for visa is a good thing or what?

i was on FB and i found us mumbai visa consulate ...

so bad dinank ,feels really really bad for you,,how can this people play with emotions ,after 4 months of AP ,again they have put you back on same track ...really frustating and

now i am getting irritated ,freaky .....every min looks like a day !!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

While looking for an attorney - especially if you are going to file the writ [which is your next step] - make sure they have done it before. Ask about how many, which consulates, how many actually went to court as opposed to resolving in the 90 day notice period...

There is a good chance some attorneys will say "give it more time". It is totally your call whether or not you want to go down the writ path but I'd hear out those who say "not yet". Ask all the pros and cons - why they are agreeing right off the bat to file it or why they are saying no. You don't want to go into this blind.

Some may say they will send an attorney letter first to complain about the wait prior to filing the writ. It could work, or not, or by dumb luck your case may make its way through the system at the same time and you find out right after that letter is filed. Also, it will take the attorney time to write the writ - and your case could resolve during that time.

Make sure you have the retainer/payment explained to you from the get go. Personally, I'd be pissed if I gave a $5k retainer, had 1 attorney letter written, the visa approved, and you then find out the attorney had put 20 hours into writing the writ that wipes out a good portion of the retainer...

You may want to look through the ALIA website for attorneys who specialize in immigration and not just go with some friend's bro who happens to be an attorney in your town....

Keep us posted how it goes!

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I would say wait till February. Because you have submitted it on Jan 31, so I believe according to the serial number they will print visa in the passport and release accordingly. It is not that, that you have sent it on Jan 31 and will get on Feb 4/ 5. So no worries buddy. You will get it soon :)...they always say that within 2-4 days you will get that.

thnk you :) i hope i will get my passports very soon .

btw. they also changed status update date to 14 feb yesterday ..but status remain same.." ready " ..

Timeline

thnk you :) i hope i will get my passports very soon .

btw. they also changed status update date to 14 feb yesterday ..but status remain same.." ready " ..

yea buddy don't worry. Yea same thing happened with me as well. My status update date last updated on Jan 25, 2013 but status remains unchanged.." Ready" :) so no worries sp1991

Filed: Timeline

Forum ppl,

So, I finally read the letter my wife received and its asking for an "updated medical report" but it does NOT say DO NOT submit the passport either. So, we will submit the passport along with the new medical and hopefully it will be done in March. I hope they will issue the visa as soon as they receive the new medical report

today status updated to issued :):dance: :dance: :dance:

thnx 4 help

CONGRATULATIONS

Timeline

Forum ppl,

So, I finally read the letter my wife received and its asking for an "updated medical report" but it does NOT say DO NOT submit the passport either. So, we will submit the passport along with the new medical and hopefully it will be done in March. I hope they will issue the visa as soon as they receive the new medical report

i think you will get visa once you submit medical and passport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.